Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts II General Discussion

how do you get 30 seconds on the poster job thingy in twilight town? It's almost impossible!!

asdfghjkl;'

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by mooglegirl608
    how do you get 30 seconds on the poster job thingy in twilight town? It's almost impossible!!
    It is impossible until you have all the lv 3 growth abilities, or so I'v been told/read. I've yet to do it myself.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Hey necro got any tips on fighting sephrioth?

I'm currently in the process of trying to get Ultima Weapon. I need two more Orichalcum+. I know that I can get one from the tournament at Olympus. I've read that I can get another one for a collect list bonus. Is this list getting one of every single item? That's what I find myself doing, but I'm not sure if it's worth doing.

You have to get 50 types of systhesis items.

I bought it last Wednesday, the day it came out here in Vacaville. I was sick but I walked a mile and a half to wait in line at the local GameStop.
    I've almost completed the game. Although Demyx, Xaldin, and Xigbar really got me frustrated. I just have to go back and complete the minigames before I settle up with Xemnas.

that's what im doing...oh and whats the complete character file?

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

can i just say that the gummi ship this time around is amazing.

Yep you can

I did the poster mission in 30 seconds with only level 1 growth abilities, but it's much easier with the speed advantage of level 3 glide, the other growth abilities don't really matter much for this particular mission.

As far as Sephiroth goes, my strategy was as follows:

You'll find the following abilities helpful, the most important ones are bold.:
    • Upper Slash
    • Horizontal Slash
    • Finishing Leap
    • Slapshot
    • Dodge Slash
    • Slide Dash
    • Guard Break
    • Explosion
    • Aerial Sweep
    • Aerial Spiral
    • Aerial Finish
    • High Jump
    • Glide
    • Scan
    • Aerial Recovery
    • Combo Boost
    • Air Combo Boost
    • Finishing Plus
    • Berserk Charge
    • Leaf Bracer
    • Item Boost
    • MP Rage
    • MP Haste
    • Defender
    • Second Chance
    • Once More
    For weapon equip Ultima Weapon, anything with high physical defense for armor, and anything with +AP for extra skills and +Strength to take those health bars down quicker for accessories. Finally, fill your items with hi-potions. Don't waste your elixirs.

Customize one of your keys to Cur(e)/(a)/(aga) and one to hi-potion.

Save your game and approach Sephiroth

Like in Kingdom Hearts 1, Sephiroth has three "forms" or "styles" that you must overcome while taking his health down. His first form is the easiest and shouldn't take long to get comfortable with. His second form is a lot more difficult, although once you get comfortable enough to last and deal damage in this form you shouldn't have trouble with the third form, as it's not much different.

Sephiroth's first form strategy is simple, start off with your reaction command to block his dashing slice attack, every time you block this attack he will let up on his defense and let you get in a nice long combo, this is where abilities such as Slide Dash and Upper Slash come in handy. Slide Dash toward him and initiate a combo, knocking him up into the air shortly thereafter with square, once he is in the air, go crazy with your air combo plus, aerial spinning slashes, and horizontal slash with square.

After you complete a combo or he makes his escape get as far away as possible and let him taunt you, eventually he will do one of two things, sliding dash or teleport juggle. If he uses sliding dash, use your reaction command and repeat the initial strategy. If he uses the teleport juggle you'll soon find yourself being slashed upward, allow this to happen as it doesn't do very much damage, try to use your Aerial Recovery ability immediately with circle to stabilize yourself and begin an aerial combo on Sephiroth as soon as he teleports in again, after a few tries you should be comfortable with turning his juggle against him directly after the first hit every time. It's important that you love this move because he uses it in all three forms and it will constantly be one of your main ways to damage Sephiroth in all three of his forms.

Eventually you're going to get into critical health, do not hesitate to use your cure spell as SOON AS YOU HIT CRITICAL HEALTH. Don't wait to finish a combo or do a few hits of extra damage, just heal yourself as it is not worth the risk of losing all your effort to a random masamune slice. Also, don't worry about using your cure often because with your Berserk Charge skill in effect you'll be able to pull off neverending combos on Sephiroth while your MP gauge is refilling.

You'll want to aviod doing any ground-based combos on Sephiroth at any point and concentrate on those aerial combos, they're much quicker and safer to pull off. The only opportunity you'll really have to damage sephiroth at any given time is if he starts doing a ground combo himself, this is a much more difficult feat to pull off, however if you can time a jump right on top of him just as he's finishing off a ground combo he'll let up on his defense for just about a half second, you'll be able to initiate an air combo on him from above and do some extra damage. I admit that I got used to this and used it alot, however you're probably safer sticking with the other two methods.

When Sephiroth enters form 2, he'll gain access to his infamous "Sin/Decend Heartless Angel" attack which will take you down to 1 hp and deplete your MP gauge. You might initially be scared of this move, however you'll soon realize that it does you more good than bad. How? Well, for one it's easy to stop for the most part, and two he's completely defenseless when using it. As soon as you suspect this move is coming up get ready to jump and quickly glide to him and begin an aerial combo, if you don't have glide you'll just have to run and jump. I didn't have glide and I was still able to stop it 90% of the time without difficulty, it's much easier on this game than it was on the original. If you know you're not going to stop the move in time (He uses is exactly after finishing saying "angel") don't sweat, just run in the opposite direction and use a hi-potion as soon as it hits, it's not really that much more a threat than any of his other moves.

If he decides to use his pillar of flame move just run toward the camera until the pillars are fading away, sometimes you can get a clean shot at a good aerial combo after this move but be careful as it is easy to get caught in the last strand of one of those pillars.

The dark gravity balls that he uses on you are kind of annoying but they're not that hard to deal with, try to stay in the air often when he uses them because odds are he's running at you with a ground combo. You can destroy the balls by hitting them with your keyblade.

Honestly I beat him the first time I got past his second form, so I don't really know too much about his third form beside the fact that it was a lot like a supped up version of the second form, he seems a little faster and he's glowing, although he does most of the same moves. Use the "Sin/Decend Heartless Angel" and teleport juggle strategy to take down his last few life bars and you'll be good to go.

Hope this helps, enjoy the Advent Children-esque scene that follows.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)Sark and the MCP are so annoying. The battle is easy, just very long, so I don't keep an eye on my HP and then (SPOILER)Sark randomly uses a good attack and I'm dead and it sucks. I wouldn't care, except the battle takes me ages to do. I wanna beat it, I wanna go further in the game. Re-playing levels is boring.

I beat that jerk first try so I don't know what to tell you... I think I used Master Form a lot.

I hate sephrioth's flame pillar. They do alot more than KH1.
    EDIT:what level is beserk charge.im level 58 or 59

It depends on whether you chose the Shield, Sword, or Staff at the beginning of the game. I chose the sword and I was only level 60 something when I beat Sephiroth, and I had it at that point.

Ok. i Chose sword. So i'll get in the 60s..