Thread: Role Playing

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That's right. Take your filth elsewhere!
    Figaro Castle

What's all the commotion about?

Ok Writters corner is the worste place for rps because I write in poems and things all the time but you can't ever find them through all the rps, but I think you should create a role play area and place them there because I join most of the rps myself. A lot of posters like rp's so it is probly not the best idea to terminate them but perhaps instead create an area for them.

This is the first time I think I've ever been taken seriously in feedback. Actually, this might be the first time feedback has ever been taken seriously. Something is abrew.

Perhaps instead of creating an RP forum we could just move them all to the X-2 forum. Nobody would know the difference. They don't read the threads anyway.

The RP's that are currently active in the Writers corner could stay, but I'd be happier if they were dispersed at random to other parts of the site. That would be ideal.

I would write glorious poetry fit for the muse of the Gods, but I am afraid it would get rolled by roll play See mullet, your faction's oppresion reverberates infinatly through out our foura matrix! You are direcly oppressing me! Your own dolphin friend!
    *cry*

Bipper

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If someone role plays then they don't have rights, aren't sentinent beings and I don't care.
    Figaro Castle

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    If someone role plays then they don't have rights, aren't sentinent beings and I don't care.
    Of course you don't care. You can't bring yourself to care about anything since Yams ate your lol. Some of us do care.

Like me. I couldn't tell you what side I fall on here (Probably something improbable, like the side of a tessarrect), but my stance is very firm and I demand it be attended to by the staff!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going to skip over most of this posts and mention something that seems very true to me.

The best sort of RPing is the spontaneous kind.

When at MH, an RPG site, RPs were restricted to a specific forum, I found I lost my desire to be in any of them. But, occasionally, a friend and I would do them right in the main discussion forum, and we got away with it because everyone loved us etc.

Forcing them in a forum is stifling, I think.

Being forced to explore the forums to find the best ones makes it a little more fun as well as realistic. It makes it harder to keep them in track that way, so it probably wouldn't happen, but it seems very true.

Still they are all pretty much in writters corner. I have only seen like two not in writters corner.

RP threads are an eyesore. And Behold The Void smells like cow manure!

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Neel cannot compute the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow!

Anyway, I would be in support of a roleplay forum, but I don't necessarily think it to be required. Furthermore, I would not in the least support a banning of RPs. EoFF is a big site and the likelihood of getting a group together is fairly good here. Furthermore, an open RP rule allows for a bunch of different RPs that we might not otherwise see on sites without a lot of people/that possess more restrictive roleplay rules.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    Roll players! Grab your dice and roll like never before! Tonight, you fight for your forum, you roll for your future, you score for your freeedommm!
    >>> lol..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..