Thread: Download festival UK

Download festival UK

I ordered my ticket a month or so ago
    Anyone else going?
    http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.asp thats whos going
    I'm mainly going to dance out to POrodigy but Metallica will be awesome and a chance to see Tool would be ace
    Its in Donington Park in Derby (OMG something happens in Derby!)

Whoop whoop!
    (Hey look! my first thread this year I think xD)

Trust No one

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

It's about time someone apart from Metallica headlined. Seriously, they've done it the past two years. They are good live, but really they shouldn't be hogging the limelight. Tool is tool, you can't front them, but Guns and Roses? What is this, 1986?

As for the other acts Funeral for a Friend are OK, but not a preferred act. Trivium a lot of people like but they've never really "done it" for me. Bullet for my Valentine have even heavier welsh accents than FFAF, so I really can't take them seriously. Avenged Sevenfold = Bleh. All-American Rejects again not interested. Coheed and Cambria makes me feel ever so much happier, they own. Alterbridge rocks my socks. Lacuna Coil, well what can I say? My favourite pop-goth band by far, I'd kill to see them. Soulfly < Sepultura, but still awesome. Arch Enemy I imagine will rock live. Stone Sour make a welcome return (I prefer them over Slipknot anyday). Dragonforce are silly, very silly, but fun. Alice in Chains I'd refuse to watch without the legendary Layne, unless they happen to have cloned him. 36 Crazyfists I like one song of, but again unsure. Cradle of Filth ARE a Cradle of Filth, so moving swiftly on. Strappingyounglad...? Alexisonfire, you all know how I feel about EMO. Secret Machines never heard of 'em. Sikth are awesome technically, but they're just too damn weird and offbeat for my liking. Within Temptation I've never gotten into, I kinda classify them under the same group as Trivium. Killing Joke never head of. InMe have an awesome debut, and a awful sophomore, and I imagine they'd play more Butterfly than Eden, so I'd probably avoid. Clutch never heard of. Eighteen Vision again never heard of. Hatebreed, score, sounding better. Ginger and the...what? Fishbone bleh. I don't know most of the rest, only Sevendust I know and like.

So there's some good acts, but a lot of ones I'd avoid. Dunno if I'd go. Unless Machine Head played. LC and MH in the same week? I'd probably die of awesomeness overload.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

wow
    such a long critical analysis!
    I'm pretty much only going for Tool and Prodigy ;D But I do agree, would be nice if Metallica didn't play :P Someone like NiN would be VERY welcome
    Another reason I'm going is that I live pretty much round the corner from it :P nice and easy festival!
    (plus festivals are not just about the music shops galoor!)

Trust No one

Sikth, Clutch, Coheed and Cambria, Ginger and the Sonic Circus, Lacuna Coil, Alter Bridge, Dragonforce, Alice In Chains and Strapping Young Lad? You better bloody well believe I'm going, it's like virtually all my favourite bands in one place. got my ticket ordered and everything

NIN would be an awesome addition though.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

sweet
    you'll be camping? or going for the day?
    Even though I live so close I'ma camping B)
    Thats the best experience of festivals! The people I'm camping with, we're gonna make a giant flag saying the Derby Uni Massive ;D

Trust No one

I've got me full weekend camping ticket. We should arrange to say hello at some point, twould be well good.

More on topic, I keep hearing rumours about Opeth
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Strife
    I've got me full weekend camping ticket. We should arrange to say hello at some point, twould be well good.

More on topic, I keep hearing rumours about Opeth
    oooooh, me too
    Should be awesome to meet up! I like to meet people ^^

Trust No one

Everyone knows V Festival is where it's at this year.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If I was to go to this years Download Festival it would be to see The Prodigy and as I saw them in December 2005, and plan on seeing them again next time they tour I don't feel the need to go see them at Download.

Plus, I've got exams around that time.

The only festival I'm going to this year is Reading.