Thread: Who lies more?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

No, it is possible to say, just like BoB said earlier. It may not be a big difference, but one gender has to be a bigger liar, statistically speaking. There's no way it could be 50/50. And from my experience I'd have to say that the ladies have the scale tipping to their side.
    Figaro Castle

But your experience is bound to be wrong. It isn't possible to say because of that. No one lies purposely. Everyone lies out of their own will and they can change it at anytime, which means there wont be any statistical way of finding it out because it wouldn't be based on solid evidence. As I said. One person may lie to one person and not to another, which makes it impossible to find out.

The only way to find out, is if they did a lie detector test on every sing person in this world. Even then how would you know they'd lie? Lie detectors aren't 100% accurate if a person can make themselves calm and believe that they didn't lie about what they were lying about in the first place. It is impossible to say.
    I'll figure it out later...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenna
    But your experience is bound to be wrong.
    Or right. It's 50/50.

It isn't possible to say because of that.
    That's true, nobody here can say for sure but I don't think anyone is stating anything as fact, and again, if anyone is reading anything in this thread as factual then they need to start thinking for themselves.
    No one lies purposely.
    Typo?
    Everyone lies out of their own will and they can change it at anytime, which means there wont be any statistical way of finding it out because it wouldn't be based on solid evidence. As I said. One person may lie to one person and not to another, which makes it impossible to find out.
    Yeah, I agree that it's impossible to find out by merely asking people.

The only way to find out, is if they did a lie detector test on every sing person in this world. Even then how would you know they'd lie? Lie detectors aren't 100% accurate if a person can make themselves calm and believe that they didn't lie about what they were lying about in the first place. It is impossible to say.
    It's possible to find out if girls have a larger tendency to lie due to some kind of area of the brain that might (might!) have to do with lying or anything like that. That would be the only way that I can think of that any real statement could be made on the matter - although I don't know if such an area of the brain exists (but it wouldn't surprise me).

Again, I don't think anyone is stating anything as fact and although some people have made sexist remarks jokingly, I don't think anyone here really is going around being sexist on the whole, I think they're just generalising. I think I said it best during that other post... what was it... *digs* Ah. Sexist would be to pick a girl and a guy out at random and say that one is a bigger liar than the other based purely on their gender. To say that one thinks that one is more likely to lie based on their own experiences is not sexist.

To be honest, I wouldn't view either gender any less if girls or guys were more likely to lie, even if proven. Once you come down to it, everyone has their own mind and it's all down to knowing the right kind of people.

However, I don't think anyone can really say that those in poverty in Africa don't lie just because they're facing death... unless, as you have said, you are one of them. And even then you can only speak for yourself. Just because they are in a bad situation that we should feel lucky we are not in doesn't mean they don't have negative thoughts. Such things are entirely possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they have their lie-dramas just like we do. It's hard to say unless you've lived there long enough, though, I suppose.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I am just going to say this withought anyone bashing me....

Its a proven fact that women lie more then men. Its on image most of the time. I am not saying that all women lie. I am saying most of the population of them.

If anyone bashes me for saying that I swear. Tis the last time I come on this board because someone Is bashing my opinion.

Okay. So if it's a PROVEN fact, then prove it. It's bound to be all over the place. I doubt anyone will believe you until you prove it.
    I'll figure it out later...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Look at the poll. Even with a margin of error of <a href="http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/pipvestite.jpg">+/-9</a> girls still lie more.
    Last edited by Flying Mullet; 03-31-2006 at 09:06 PM.
    Figaro Castle

That doesn't mean that girls lie more, that just means that the people here think that girls lie more.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

How else are you going to prove who <a href="http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/pipvestite.jpg">lies</a> more?
    Last edited by Flying Mullet; 03-31-2006 at 09:06 PM.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    How else are you going to prove who <a href="http://lolannoyingsound.ytmnd.com/">lies</a> more?
    Thats my point, its not proof, its opinion. A vast number of people would have to be studied before it could be a proven fact, so its probably not ever going to be proven.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well how else can I function in the world if I can't generalize?
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    Well how else can I function in the world if I can't generalize?
    I'm sure you'd be able to get by without doing that.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Girls obviously lie more. So sayeth the pimp.

Okay. So if it's a PROVEN fact, then prove it. It's bound to be all over the place. I doubt anyone will believe you until you prove it.

Do you have no other life but to talk back to me?

Swindlers and tricksters I say!

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Girls obviously lie more. So sayeth the pimp.
    I bet pimps lie more than your average woman.