Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone read Greek?

ok miner glitch why should he go out side when inside in the darkness is so much more fun
    the game of deaths is mine to play but the game of life belongs to another entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    Itīs not Greek but Dollet ancient language.In the same way that ancient Centra language looks Latin,this one looks Greek.

XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth's Cage
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth_Bauglir
    I am Greek.
    It says absolutely nothing.
    Just some Greek letters so that others will say;''ooo that propably means something''
    bull[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img].

oh,and who told you kore means core in greek?Whoever told you this has no idea of the Greek language.Kore is not a word in Greek.

edit;you want to look like you know a lot.
    Make sure you know something for sure and then play the smart.
    Just when I think I've read the stupidest post ever, you go and post another. Clearly, you spend way too much time in darkened rooms in front of your seven-year-old computer turning a whiter shade of pale. Go outside once in a while and breathe, before your brain starts to rot from all that festering stagnation and cognitive dysfunction.

Have you ever noticed that whenever you sit behind a keyboard, some idiot starts typing?

Heh,that's clearly you.
    Covering your idiocy behind mere words.
    Try facts next time

edit;O God I love this
    stupid entities try to say something in order to hide their idiocy.
    Yeah!You would have honor if you admitted your mistake,bastard fly.xD
    Last edited by Morgoth_Bauglir; 04-03-2006 at 11:32 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sephiroth's Cage: Morgoth_Bauglir might have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, but that is no excuse for you to start flaming. This is a warning to you and it seems to me that it is not the first one. If you have nothing to post that is constructive to the topic at hand without being rude, do not post.

dante: you're pretty much on your last legs as well.

Morgoth_Bauglir: You can be a bit more pleasant yourself. Two wrongs do not make a right and watch your language.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, it does appear to be that I am double-posting, but I am not as I have just deleted posts that where off topic in between my two posts.

Stay on topic!
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

[leeza]*snip*

This was spam. Please do not do that. ~ Leeza[/leeza]
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Itīs not Greek but Dollet ancient language.In the same way that ancient Centra language looks Latin,this one looks Greek.

:O FE. I actually agree with you. It probably was meant to just excite gamers and try adn get them to decipher it, as it has done...Square probably didn't think too much on it, but yeah...the best explanation is a Dollet language.

My opinion is that it is quite stupid,concerning square's act.
    It's like me ,putting some japanese letters which I like but don't know their mening,just to show I know Japanese or something.I think this act disgraces Square.I really lowered my ''admiration'' towards square after that.I am not fanatic anymore,I just like final fantasy.After all,there are still Greeks dwelling on this planet.Even if there weren't,some respect is obligatory,i believe.

My friend, it is there not to show that they know greek.
    They explain to the players that there was an ancient empire which has Dollet as the capital.
    It was the Dollet emperor who ordered the construction of the tower.

Itīs a little like the writings on the Tomb of the Unknown king.
    Why canīt we read them?
    The answer is obvious.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

The writing's just there to look cool
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by starseeker
    The writing's just there to look cool

answer given

There are methods to deduce entirely new languages.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

My friend, it is there not to show that they know greek.
    They explain to the players that there was an ancient empire which has Dollet as the capital.
    It was the Dollet emperor who ordered the construction of the tower.

Itīs a little like the writings on the Tomb of the Unknown king.
    Why canīt we read them?
    The answer is obvious.

it is obvious to you,and to you only.Why?For you have a false estimation.I am not being selfish,nor am I assuming as correct something because it is my opinion.I just know this answer.

These carvings MEAN NOTHING AT ALL.
    What Dollet emperor and stuff?If something was written there in manifestation of something,it would-in terms of human logic-mean
    something.It does not.

Do you think this is a common act?
    Well,people get killed at car accidents every day.But that does not make it a logical way of acting.

A manifestation,eh?
    Okay,using your way,I will state that I am a human below;
    dfdfdkfj--090((**/////____)) lkkdshjs .. . = ... 09 ..//}}|||\\

Was that clear?Heh,yes of course!It means that I wrote something stupid because I wanted to prove something.I assume that,it being a used techique,it is ok for me to use it . WRONG

These carvings mean absolutely nothing.Square,assuming that Greeks just can't interfere with the profit of the game (and why would they?10 millions can't ruin a market of 100millions)wrote something,which is propably meant to ''mean'' something.I don't know if it is Dollet or a green horse.

I know that grammaticaly,it means nothing.If now,this nothing is passed on to actually manifest something,it is none of my buisness.Like , it is none of my buisness to say ''^*%*HDHF'' means ''black cow''.But yeah,I guess everyone does that,so the answer is obvious.

Before this degenerates into yet another flame-fest, I'll point out the obvious.

Why does using Greek letters mean that it has to mean anything?! Fraternity names have been using Greek letters for years, yet none of them actually spell any actual Greek words.

Also, since the symbols are repeated on both pieces (insofar as we can see on the second one), my guess is that they are a model/part number. And anyone who's looked at one of those in English knows that they don't make sense to anyone who isn't familiar with the coding patterns they've used.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

The guy who opened this thread told me that he thinks Kore means Core=Middle=Center=Centre=Centra.

Interesting,hun?
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D