Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yuna's Overdrive..useless..?

Default Yuna's Overdrive..useless..?

So themost I've ever hit is 8.. usually more around 6-7.. i dunno if I'm playing her OD wrong or something.. but it seems like a doublecast -daga spell would be much more powerful than a random barrage of spells on the enemy..

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Wait, are we talking about Yuna's overdrive, or Lulu's?

Yuna's overdrive is very useful since Aeons don't need to take damage to use their own overdrives.

Lulu's is useful to the extent that she can hit the enemy with multiple spells when she would only be able to hit once or twice with the same spell normally. As you suggested, Doublecast combined with high powered attack spells (especially Ultima) is one of the most powerful combinations for spellcasters, but neither is available to Lulu early on.

i personally dont like lulu's OD cos it's so damn hard to pull off. i ususally get around 5 or 6. once i pushed it n got 8, but my hand was bleeding afterwards!

btw, do u use ur palm or ur finger(s) to do it?

Why do you imprison your saviour?

all the overdrives every character have is useful.

I use my palms when I'm mad and sometimes I just use my finger.

Lulu overdrives is a cool one, imagine casting two magic without any MP
    (unless you have one MP cost). Yuna also a great one, being able to cast two Oblivion!(one from fully-charged and one from grand summon).

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Lulu's overdrive is one of the best in the game, especially if you use her Focus ability a couple of times before her overdrive. It is effective against most enemies, but it works best against enemies with an elemental weakness. I've also found that the best way for me to rotate the analog stick is by holding the controller in the palm of my left hand and rotating the stick with the middle finger of my right hand, and I always start rotating it immediately after I enter the command. I usually get between eight and ten spells that way.
    "I'll get you, Eh! Steve, if it's the last thing I do!!!!!"
    -The Wheelchair

Its Lulu's od I find it useful.
    warriorboy && battlingbard.

it's a great Overdrive. whether the Aeon you're going to use has a full OD gauge or not, Grand Summon will automatically give that Aeon a full gauge. and, Lulu has one of the best Overdrives in the game. perhaps better than an Aeon that could do 99,999 damage or Tidus' Blitz Ace. you just need to find spheres that will allow you to move onto one of your party members' grid and unlock more Mag+ nodes.

In my opinion the best ODs are Anima's Oblivion (1,599,984) and Wakka's Attack Reels (1,199,988). Yuna's and Lulu's aren't bad, though I'd probably rate then just above Kimahri's Rages.

Quote Originally Posted by d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
    btw, do u use ur palm or ur finger(s) to do it?
    Palm. I used to use it a lot, but now that all my characters are more or less über [less=Kimahri], I don't really need it anymore.
    You don't hear the symphony I hear...

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Never use your fingers to rotate the stick. You will either injure yourself, or break the Analog stick.

Palm only. It's also faster and doesn't look nearly as stupid. If I ever considered using a finger/thumb, I would cut off every appendage of my body.

i fnd the best OD's oblivion and attack reels (as mentioned above) so i always train up wakka n yuna, i also train up tidus for blitz ace (which is good but not as, can do 899,999 dmg i think)

Why do you imprison your saviour?

I actually couldn't get more than four or five using my palm. Like I said earlier, the only way I can do it is using the middle finger of my right hand. I just put the tip of my finger on the top of the joystick and rotate the stick by moving my entire arm forward and back, and using my finger to control the left-right motions. It sounds a little complicated, but try it - it works.
    "I'll get you, Eh! Steve, if it's the last thing I do!!!!!"
    -The Wheelchair

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lulu's Overdrive + Trio of 9,999 =

Anyway, no, I don't think Yuna's is useless, unless you already Overdrive your Aeons beforehand. At least you can save it for when that Aeon uses up its Overdrive, or something. None of the Overdrives were useless, unless you hate Blitzball and never got the better ones for Wakka.

With really strong Yuna, Passado= awesome.
    I never found Lulus Overdrive useful.

Lulu's overdrive is useful, particularly casting powerful spells. The most I got was about 9. I lay the controller flat and I use my palm, I find it so much easier that way and feel that you can get more spells in.

~Made by me. If you want a sig, feel free to ask. ~

-------------------------------------------------------------
    ~Love is like war, so wild so dangerous.
    When least expected, it will strike...In the center of your heart.
    Either killing you, or forever changing your life.~
    -------------------------------------------------------------