Thread: the red dwarf discussion.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Default the red dwarf discussion.

as you can probly tell from my screen name im a big red dwarf fan. i saw the last episodes last night and the ending was not how i realy expected it. i didnt think theyd get back to earth because that would just be too predictable but i didnt expect this. basically at the end everyone but rimmer go to the opposite dimension and when rimmer comes back from the dimension the machine that lets them got to that dimension is broken, he finds a solution and has it written dwon but his arch nemisis the food dispenser sets it on fire, the grim reaper comes. so rimmer kicks him in the bollucks and legs it. im not sure whether its a happy or sad ending and its a real shock ending and unexspected. i guess its a happy ending because rimmer escapes death somehow and the rest escape. what do you other red dwarfs fans think about the ending?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Red Dwarf was classic, I remember its 10.30 slots on BBC2 some years ago. Great British Humor. Shame it ended.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I think really the last two series were the lowest point of the show's run, though they had some classic moments. The last series in particular was just all out madness without much plotting to it. Krytie TV had me in stiches. As for the ending I thought it was rather neat and typically "dwarfish". Rimmer's always been one my personal "hero-but-not-a-hero" idols, so to see him to that to Death was a great moment.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

The older episodes were better, Cat was my fav. My boyfriends dad was one of the cameramen for the first 2 series of RD. Ive even stroked Rimmer's H what was given to my boyfriends dad So cool!!!

Rimmer is the single greatest fictional character ever created.

And considering the nature of the show in the first place, the ending was fine.

I remember one episode where at the start its Cat dancin in a dream and Pimmer and Lister help out, so funny. Aint been on BBC for ages.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

i have all of them on DVD and they are all hilarious. the show has definetly changed. the dream thing where cat sings tongue tied is hilarious. the dramatic hero things in series 6-8 sort of changed the whole feel of the show. kryten definetly got funnier in the later series. quarantine is possibly my favourite episode. "mr flibble is very cross!" is one of the best lines in the whole series. holly and the cat are my favourites, shame about no holly in series 6. i prefer the male holly. not being sexist but hes just more original and entertaining. which holly do you like the best? quarantine was very funny all of the way through but queeg definetly had one of the best jokes at the end of the episode and i laughed for ages.and the one with the wax robots where they shoot winnie the pooh! i highly reccomend getting the DVDs. red dwarf is definetly my favourite comedy. its just so dissapointing that it had to end and although the last pert was funny it was just a little too quick unexspected and almost confusing. id have loved i series 9 set just after rimmer escaped death and the others were in the mirror world. its perfect for coninuation but i suppose it just isnt going to happen.

Best line ever...
    ITS COLD OUTSIDE, THERE NO PLANET ATMOSHPERE!
    Or the bit where they do the memorial of rimmer
    Or cat dancin in the bay with the starbugs..no wait, wee blue tings.

Downloading DVDs now
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    as you can probly tell from my screen name im a big red dwarf fan. i saw the last episodes last night and the ending was not how i realy expected it. i didnt think theyd get back to earth because that would just be too predictable but i didnt expect this. basically at the end everyone but rimmer go to the opposite dimension and when rimmer comes back from the dimension the machine that lets them got to that dimension is broken, he finds a solution and has it written dwon but his arch nemisis the food dispenser sets it on fire, the grim reaper comes. so rimmer kicks him in the bollucks and legs it. im not sure whether its a happy or sad ending and its a real shock ending and unexspected. i guess its a happy ending because rimmer escapes death somehow and the rest escape. what do you other red dwarfs fans think about the ending?
    Why did you have to tell me the ending? Why couldn't you put it in a spoiler? Damn You!
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

Best episode by far was when they travel to the planet where everything is backwards! And Cat went to have a crap behind a bush and he was unware the planet was backwards! His face when he jumps out ofthe bush is classic

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden_Romance
    Why did you have to tell me the ending? Why couldn't you put it in a spoiler? Damn You!
    I figured the words "basically at the end" would be enough for you to realize thats there were spoilers up ahead. which holly do you red dwarf fans like best and why? i like the male holly because he has a better personality in my opinion. he never seems to go through an episode without saying "alright dudes"!

Male Holly.

His IQ has a six in it but it aint six thousand.
    What is it then?
    Six.

His April Fool's joke (despite it not being April) about Norweb and Lister's bank account is one of my all-time favourite moments. As is his chess battle with Queeg. And the dog's milk discussion:

Holly: "Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Lasts longer than any other type of milk, dog's milk."
    Lister: "How come?"
    Holly: "No bugger'll drink it."

Red Dwarf was so good. Just a pity series' 7 and 8 were pretty bad. I haven't seen any of those episodes since they were aired.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Loved it! I thought it was fanTAStic!

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Ciddieless since 2004

Kryten: I ask the court one key question: Would the Space Core ever have allowed this man to be in a position of authority where he might endanger the entire crew? A man so petty and small minded, he would while away his evenings sewing name labels onto his ship issue condoms. A man of such awesome stupidity...

Rimmer:
    Objection!

Justice Computer: Objection overruled.

Kryten: ...a man of such awesome stupidity, he even objects to his own defence counsel. An over-zealous, trumped up little squirt...

Rimmer:
    Objection!

Justice Computer:
    Overruled.

Kryten: ...an incompetent vending machine repairman with a Napoleon complex, who commanded as much respect and affection from his fellow crew members as Long John Silver's parrot.

Rimmer: OBJECTION!

Justice Computer: If you object to your own counsel once more Mr. Rimmer, you will be in contempt.

Kryten: Who would allow this man, this joke of a man, this man who could not outwit a used tea bag, to be in a position where he might endanger the entire crew? Who? Only a yoghurt. This man is not guilty of manslaughter, he is only guilty of being Arnold J. Rimmer. That is his crime; it is also his punishment. The defence rests.
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec