Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to use Mist Knack?

Default How to use Mist Knack?

I have a question about FF12. My character has just learned Mist Knack from the license board. Yet, I am not exactly sure how to use it. There's a time limit and what do I do? Any advice is appreciated.

I envy you so much.........Oh, Dunno :confused:

lol nobody here has played FF XII yet So we can't help you. Sorry

But gamefaqs has plenty of walkthroughs so maybe you'll find something there on mist knacks

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/459841.html

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

did you import it or are you japanese or something because i have no idea how you got FF12 so soon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I thought "Mist Knack" was a general term for a certain kind of skill that each character can learn on the license board at some point. I've never heard of an actual ability called Mist Knack... Whose Mist Knack is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    I thought "Mist Knack" was a general term for a certain kind of skill that each character can learn on the license board at some point. I've never heard of an actual ability called Mist Knack... Whose Mist Knack is it?

Mist Knacks is the "limit breaks" of FF XII

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Default Thanks

Thanks guys for all your comments. I got FF12 because I have a Japanese PS2 (I used to live in Japan) and I asked my Japanese girlfriend to get the game and send it to me in the US.

As far as I know, Mist Knack is an ability you can get on the license board. You use it when your MP is full. When you activate Mist Knack, it changes into a different screen with a time limit (kind of like the limit break in FF10 where you can press a combination of bottons). I can read Japanese, but I still can't figure a way out. Sometime, Mist Knack deals 1000HP damage to an opponent, sometime only 60HP. Strange right?

Anyway, thanks again people. If you have other questions about FF12, feel free to drop me a line. I will answer to my best knowledge without spoiling the story.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Can your girlfriend send me a copy?

(sarcasm)

Since both summons and mist knacks use all your mp, which are more powerful generally. I heard summons arnt very useful in battle but mist knacks are. Is that true?

Is it also to quickly swap between characters during a fight? Or do yu have to go into the menu to swap?

I think I might aswell just learn Japenese.
    It'd be quicker then waiting for FF12 to come out in Europe.
    Do they even know we exist anymore?

Or are we just inspiration for hairstyles and old fashion trends.

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
    I have a question about FF12. My character has just learned Mist Knack from the license board. Yet, I am not exactly sure how to use it. There's a time limit and what do I do? Any advice is appreciated.
    So can you give us your impressions of the game, what you like, what you don't like, what you think about the story so far, what you think about the characters ect. How far are you into the game? How is the battle system? More importantly how is the music/soundtrack so far? I'm hearing alot about the story not being deep or that the characters are not well developed enough. Can you give us your views on what you think of the game so far? Any feedback would be great. Hope you're having fun with the game, I know I can't hardley wait for it!

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I managed to summon in the demo from DragonQuest VIII and from what I saw, at lvl 20, the summons farking kick ass =D
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Jir11
    Quote Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
    So can you give us your impressions of the game, what you like, what you don't like, what you think about the story so far, what you think about the characters ect. How far are you into the game? How is the battle system? More importantly how is the music/soundtrack so far? I'm hearing alot about the story not being deep or that the characters are not well developed enough. Can you give us your views on what you think of the game so far? Any feedback would be great. Hope you're having fun with the game, I know I can't hardley wait for it!
    C'mon, gijoe24jp, don't leave us hangin'!!
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Can your girlfriend send me a copy?

(not sarrcasm)