Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic pots?

Unhappy Magic pots?

I read about the way to kill emerald weapon by using 8 mimes and 8 counter attacks. I have a triple growth weapon, and i've heard about the world famous magics pots, but where are they? I've looked in quite a few walkthroughs, but all they say is "Northern cavern", and if the northern cavern is that place just before the whirlwind maze, well, ugh, i can't get there. Weh. And if it isn't, well, where is it?

The northern Cave is the North Crater. It's the final area of the game and is a little hard to miss.
    The Magic Pots themselves are in a specific area of the Crater.
    The first time you have to split your party choose to go left. At the next junction choose the route towards the top of the screen, or the north.
    You will find yourself in a swamp-like area with lots of earthy brown colours and lots of weeds or vines snaking through water; the Magic Pots can be found here.
    What you think they have to do with defeating Emerald WEAPON I can't fathom, the only notable features of these monsters are the facts that they are completely invulnerable until you give them an Elixir, after which you can kill them.
    They do offer lots of AP, which is useful for advancing your Materia but, again, I don't see what this has to do with Emerald WEAPON.

Your theory about defeating Emerald with eight Mimes and eight Counters is a new one to me and I don't see how or why it could work.
    I won't go into detail explaining how to defeat Emerald; but equipping so much materia would be a bad move.
    Emerald's signature attack - Aire Tam Storm - does damaged based on the amount of materia you have equipped.
    If a character has (for example) three Materia Aire Tam Storm will do 3333hp damage to that character, so you can see it's best to be as economical as possible with your Materia when attacking this WEAPON.

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Hallucination
    The northern Cave is the North Crater. It's the final area of the game and is a little hard to miss.
    The Magic Pots themselves are in a specific area of the Crater.
    The first time you have to split your party choose to go left. At the next junction choose the route towards the top of the screen, or the north.
    You will find yourself in a swamp-like area with lots of earthy brown colours and lots of weeds or vines snaking through water; the Magic Pots can be found here.
    What you think they have to do with defeating Emerald WEAPON I can't fathom, the only notable features of these monsters are the facts that they are completely invulnerable until you give them an Elixir, after which you can kill them.
    They do offer lots of AP, which is useful for advancing your Materia but, again, I don't see what this has to do with Emerald WEAPON.

Your theory about defeating Emerald with eight Mimes and eight Counters is a new one to me and I don't see how or why it could work.
    I won't go into detail explaining how to defeat Emerald; but equipping so much materia would be a bad move.
    Emerald's signature attack - Aire Tam Storm - does damaged based on the amount of materia you have equipped.
    If a character has (for example) three Materia Aire Tam Storm will do 3333hp damage to that character, so you can see it's best to be as economical as possible with your Materia when attacking this WEAPON.
    Yes i've heard about that. I'm talking about a thread that i saw about having barrett use ungermax a total of 8 times in a row, along with a hero drink. Doing enough damage to kill him. I found it here:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthrea...Emerald+weapon

Also, appearently i go to the northern crater on disc three? Because i was sure that when you go that you wouldn't be going back out. I guess if i can go back i'll just proceed.

It's not possible to Mime a Limit Break, so using Ungarmax eight times in a row is not possible, unless you wait for the Limit to charge in the conventional manner before using it.
    The simplest way to kill Emerald weapon is to equip KoTR linked to MP Turbo, W-Summon and Mime on your other two (or even all three) characters. This should allow you to get a good chain going.
    You might also think about Final Attack liked to Phoenix or Life, with a second Life Materia linked to All.

Regarding the North Crater - You do go there on disc 3, yes, and even though Cloud mentions that there's no going back you can leave whenever you like. Simply run back up and you'll see a hole in the wall of the crater, run through and you'll find yourself back at the Highwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Hallucination
    It's not possible to Mime a Limit Break, so using Ungarmax eight times in a row is not possible, unless you wait for the Limit to charge in the conventional manner before using it.
    The simplest way to kill Emerald weapon is to equip KoTR linked to MP Turbo, W-Summon and Mime on your other two (or even all three) characters. This should allow you to get a good chain going.
    You might also think about Final Attack liked to Phoenix or Life, with a second Life Materia linked to All.
    While usually i would agree with you, did you watch the movie? That guy definetly did it. With both barrett and cloud. The second one with cloud is probably more trust worthy. It had something to do with counter attacking a counter attack. And somehow attaching mime like it was a support materia. Not to mention, with me, it would be really really hard to beat emmy with the whole KoTR Bahamut zero thing that everyone talks about. Seeing as how i am never able to figure things out that fast. Icky.

Of course, in the end, it might be a little rarer, but the easiest and fastest way to kill emmy would be the world famous Cait Sith slots attack thing, hehe.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Uhanimar

Of course, in the end, it might be a little rarer, but the easiest and fastest way to kill emmy would be the world famous Cait Sith slots attack thing, hehe.
    Like I've done.

Anyway, you can mime Limit Breaks, as long as it's a Limit belonging to the mime. Here's the Barret video, btw:

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/vid...18%20min).rmvb

Counter uses the attached Materia whenever the equipped character recieves damage. Linked to Mime, that means you mime the last thing that one of your party members did. With eight Counter and Mime materias...well...yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhanimar

Like I've done.
    It can be quite tricky, i still don't have the trick yet. I found that theres a certain rythum too pressing the slots. One time i'm pretty sure that i got it, but emmy decided to be a dork and kill me JUST before i was about to find out.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I think I just got lucky. For all we know, it's just rigged like Setzer's slots in FFVI due to a 'Random Number Generator', or it actually depends on skill, which I doubt. I usually get it if I get a first cat, and then I'll just press it without care, and I get two more cats. So I think it's predetermined.

Well, I think I just got lucky. For all we know, it's just rigged like Setzer's slots in FFVI due to a 'Random Number Generator', or it actually depends on skill, which I doubt. I usually get it if I get a first cat, and then I'll just press it without care, and I get two more cats. So I think it's predetermined.

Yes, most likly. There will be times when i press the buttons at a certain pace but never get the same thing. Hehe

Eee. I just thought of something else. Where can i get lots of elixers. Seeing how magic pots ask for them, and you can't kill them untill you give them one. Or can you also give them megalixers? If so, no biggy, since they give you those when you kill them.

use the W-Item trick to clone em, thats what i do when im feeding magic pots

*Divide By Cucumber Error - Please Re-install Universe And Reboot*
    What is the Animal in You?
    I'm a Fox: http://www.animalinyou.com/Fox.htm

Quote Originally Posted by gyaku_zuki
    use the W-Item trick to clone em, thats what i do when im feeding magic pots
    Oh yeah, W-item and then press X. I forgot about that. I should try that.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

It has some skill, but it's all rather complicated. The main factor is whether or not the "evil" tag is set. This is an invisible value that rigs the second and third slots. It makes the second slot stop immediately as oppose to rolling on to the next one, whereas the third slot not only skips forward one from the icon you would have got normally, it also stops you from getting three in a row. The chances of the evil tag being set are based on the first slot's face value (the "higher" it is the more likely the evil tag is set) and your current play time in seconds.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Unhappy

Ugh, i just thought. Is it possible to still get AP after you level up to 99? I've only got 4 of the 8 mimes i need, and my cloud is like, level 87 i think.

P.S. These guys are annoying:

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, AP is still gained even after you've reached Level 99.

The mountain of Magic Pots grows further...

Wait, Tonberries are annoying? Get Yuffie in there and Morph 'em! Unless you never use her...meh.