Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts II Special Ending Segment Discussion

I just finished Jiminy's Journal and saw the ending for myself. I love it, it's so weird. To me it looks like a prequel set eons before the events of Kingdom Hearts I and II.

What about it indicates that it's a prequel?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Nothing, but I got that exact same feeling.

"Memories of Xehanort". Wouldn't that indicate that it was after the events of KH and KHII?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

How can memories of Xehanort be *after* KH and KH2 if (SPOILER)Xehanort dies at the end of the game? Memories usually imply something that happened in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch!
    How can memories of Xehanort be *after* KH and KH2 if (SPOILER)Xehanort dies at the end of the game? Memories usually imply something that happened in the past.
    It has to be after. You can't remember the future. A memory of Xehanort would have to be in the future, because no one could remember Xehanort if he didn't exist yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    I just finished Jiminy's Journal and saw the ending for myself. I love it, it's so weird. To me it looks like a prequel set eons before the events of Kingdom Hearts I and II.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Of course you can easily assume that the three keyblades are Sora's, Riku's and Mickey's. Whether or not they have been wielded by them is another story. It is either a spinoff or a sequel.

There are three possible explanations for when this takes place. Before, after, and during the story of KH/KHII. My money is on a prequel that will turn itself into the reason why Sora and Riku have to help Mickey. You know, since you always have to introduce a new enemy, especially since KHII pretty much wrapped up the plotlines well enough to make the person assume that there are not any more enemies worth fighting, were it not for Mickey's letter. Or maybe, it isn't a lead-in to a new adventure, maybe it is just him checking up on Sora and Riku.

The movie itself has a main person (male, probably), with a huge Keyblade, and two characters who walk up to him. Probably both female, based on their armor shape, and the way they were walking. They walk up to 3 rusted Keyblades. What does this mean? Sora, Mickey, and Riku are all dead, and they left their Keyblades in the middle of some desert that can't be gotten to except by some uber-powerful force? Not to mention the OTHER keyblades in the same area, and the fact that whatever the Main armored suit person used to get to where he is, disappears and cloaks like a Nobody. So it could be after KH, assuming Nobodies and Heartless still exist.

In Ansem's Secret reports, it says that there are two legends, one saying keyblade wielders brough peace, and another that says chaos and ruin. These "legends" were never said whether or not that they were historical records, actual prophecy, or events from the same war. The wielder could have brought peace to certain people, after he was forced to bring ruin and chaos to the enemy. The land is sorched, as though after a war... or a beginning of one. War of Keyblades. So it could be past.

Memories of Xehanort could be while Xehanort existed, or AFTER he was defeated, but not before he existed, because he would not be around to remember anything. So it could be present, because this could've occured on a different world that wasn't in KHII, but will be in KHIII, and Mickey found out, and fears this could threaten his people.

In the ending script, Riku and Sora talk about the Light and Dark, that the world of light is safe. It could be that this is the Dark World as its residents see it, and it is in trouble.

The entire movie is either a historical record, or an allusion to the new enemy of KHIII. As Ansem has suggested, there are 3 parts of a person. Heart, Soul, Body.
    Heart == Heartless, leaves behind the:
    Body/Soul == current understanding of "Nobody"
    But the body and could split into two MORE beings, not that Nobodies technically HAVE beings. But they do exist, because there is at least one of them.
    So it could be that Body/Souls are split again
    Body alone: Nobody (??)
    Soul alone: Unknown (??)

It could be that Organization XIII are not actually Nobodies at all, since they share only the existential traits (weaponry) that link them to Nobodies, but none of the confusion in the search to make themselves whole. They seem rather dead-straight as to what they are going to do, and HOW they are going to do it. They can also feign emotion, which is a tool of the Heart. The Heart makes a person a person, but the soul is the essence of being and doing, and body is the prison in which one interacts. OXIII also commands some Heartless, which is something only Heartless Leaders can do.

This probably means KHIII will get the final boss to be the Xehanort Soul, since we have done away with his Heartless and Nobody.

This rambling is mostly based on my own understanding of the movie, and is mostly wrong, and me just trying to put together whatever conspiracy theory I have put together for this new movie.

*crawls in a defensive position, awaitting the slew of people who will tell me that I am wrong*

You may be right Tav.I also agree with your HUGE thinking process

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by KH-Cloudy
    You may be right Tav.I also agree with your HUGE thinking process
    No one ever said I had to be concise, or organized, or any other adverb/adjective in the same area, lol

actually that sounds pretty good tavrobel...
    maybe something with time-travel? fun fun fun

asdfghjkl;'

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch!
    It has to be after. You can't remember the future. A memory of Xehanort would have to be in the future, because no one could remember Xehanort if he didn't exist yet...
    We're interpreting this differently, I think. You're understanding it as other peoples' memories of Xehanort. I took it as Xehanort's memories. That doesn't necessarily mean that Xehanort has to be alive. You can talk about a dead person's memories. Though, I'll admit that doesn't make much sense.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and bet that this new video has nothing to do with any of the heroes that we've seen this far. Way back when SE said they wanted Kingdom Hearts to be one of their three main pillars (FF and DQ were the others), which implies that even if the next thing they do isn't a game, there will be others later. There's no way we can truly expect the series to stick with Sora, Riku, Kairi, etc. forever. With the way that KH2 ended, I'm willing to bet it could be the last time we see them for a while.

You know what, I just watched it again and just the Mickey keychain that's on the Kingdom Key makes me pretty sure that this is in the future or in an alternate dimension rather than way in the past like I originally thought.

So do we have ANY idea who the person in the sand is?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    You know what, I just watched it again and just the Mickey keychain that's on the Kingdom Key makes me pretty sure that this is in the future or in an alternate dimension rather than way in the past like I originally thought.
    That's what I felt. It looks like a barren future type place. It said (SPOILER)Keyblade Graveyard, that part really is interesting to me.