Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts II Special Ending Segment Discussion

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth's Cage
    So do we have ANY idea who the person in the sand is?
    All we know, is that we can assume he/she/they can use the Keyblades. This means he is actually Sora, Roxas, King Mickey, Riku, their ancestor, their alternate dimensional form, or their descendants. (Probably Sora/Kairi or Roxas/Naminé). The weapon the main character was holding was also a Keyblade of some sort (I couldn't see the chain, however).

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The alternate dimension bit makes sense. Pete was banished to an alternate dimension, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch!
    We're interpreting this differently, I think. You're understanding it as other peoples' memories of Xehanort. I took it as Xehanort's memories. That doesn't necessarily mean that Xehanort has to be alive. You can talk about a dead person's memories. Though, I'll admit that doesn't make much sense.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and bet that this new video has nothing to do with any of the heroes that we've seen this far. Way back when SE said they wanted Kingdom Hearts to be one of their three main pillars (FF and DQ were the others), which implies that even if the next thing they do isn't a game, there will be others later. There's no way we can truly expect the series to stick with Sora, Riku, Kairi, etc. forever. With the way that KH2 ended, I'm willing to bet it could be the last time we see them for a while
    If it said "Xehanort's Memories", I would interprete it that way. But it says "Memories of Xehanort". A memory of him, not one of his memories.

I'm not so sure that they're done with Sora, Riku, and Kairi just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    Of course you can easily assume that the three keyblades are Sora's, Riku's and Mickey's. Whether or not they have been wielded by them is another story. It is either a spinoff or a sequel.

There are three possible explanations for when this takes place. Before, after, and during the story of KH/KHII. My money is on a prequel that will turn itself into the reason why Sora and Riku have to help Mickey. You know, since you always have to introduce a new enemy, especially since KHII pretty much wrapped up the plotlines well enough to make the person assume that there are not any more enemies worth fighting, were it not for Mickey's letter. Or maybe, it isn't a lead-in to a new adventure, maybe it is just him checking up on Sora and Riku.

The movie itself has a main person (male, probably), with a huge Keyblade, and two characters who walk up to him. Probably both female, based on their armor shape, and the way they were walking. They walk up to 3 rusted Keyblades. What does this mean? Sora, Mickey, and Riku are all dead, and they left their Keyblades in the middle of some desert that can't be gotten to except by some uber-powerful force? Not to mention the OTHER keyblades in the same area, and the fact that whatever the Main armored suit person used to get to where he is, disappears and cloaks like a Nobody. So it could be after KH, assuming Nobodies and Heartless still exist.

In Ansem's Secret reports, it says that there are two legends, one saying keyblade wielders brough peace, and another that says chaos and ruin. These "legends" were never said whether or not that they were historical records, actual prophecy, or events from the same war. The wielder could have brought peace to certain people, after he was forced to bring ruin and chaos to the enemy. The land is sorched, as though after a war... or a beginning of one. War of Keyblades. So it could be past.

Memories of Xehanort could be while Xehanort existed, or AFTER he was defeated, but not before he existed, because he would not be around to remember anything. So it could be present, because this could've occured on a different world that wasn't in KHII, but will be in KHIII, and Mickey found out, and fears this could threaten his people.

In the ending script, Riku and Sora talk about the Light and Dark, that the world of light is safe. It could be that this is the Dark World as its residents see it, and it is in trouble.

The entire movie is either a historical record, or an allusion to the new enemy of KHIII. As Ansem has suggested, there are 3 parts of a person. Heart, Soul, Body.
    Heart == Heartless, leaves behind the:
    Body/Soul == current understanding of "Nobody"
    But the body and could split into two MORE beings, not that Nobodies technically HAVE beings. But they do exist, because there is at least one of them.
    So it could be that Body/Souls are split again
    Body alone: Nobody (??)
    Soul alone: Unknown (??)

It could be that Organization XIII are not actually Nobodies at all, since they share only the existential traits (weaponry) that link them to Nobodies, but none of the confusion in the search to make themselves whole. They seem rather dead-straight as to what they are going to do, and HOW they are going to do it. They can also feign emotion, which is a tool of the Heart. The Heart makes a person a person, but the soul is the essence of being and doing, and body is the prison in which one interacts. OXIII also commands some Heartless, which is something only Heartless Leaders can do.

This probably means KHIII will get the final boss to be the Xehanort Soul, since we have done away with his Heartless and Nobody.

This rambling is mostly based on my own understanding of the movie, and is mostly wrong, and me just trying to put together whatever conspiracy theory I have put together for this new movie.

*crawls in a defensive position, awaitting the slew of people who will tell me that I am wrong*
    According to the Secret Ansem reports, a Nobody is not the body alone, it is the body and soul together. When the soul is removed from the body, you don't get a Nobody, you get death. Of course, by "soul" they seem to mean "life force", since "heart" seems to have the standard definition of soul (a person's essence, that which makes them who they are).

Also, does anyone else notice that the "Keyblade Graveyard" is in fact the crossroads area from Chain of Memories? The place where Sora first encountered the Organization, and where Riku encountered DiZ at the end of his journey. Except, instead of grass, there are just Keyblades...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade

Body/Soul == current understanding of "Nobody"
    But the body and could split into two MORE beings, not that Nobodies technically HAVE beings. But they do exist, because there is at least one of them.
    So it could be that Body/Souls are split again
    Body alone: Nobody (??)
    Soul alone: Unknown (??)

According to the Secret Ansem reports, a Nobody is not the body alone, it is the body and soul together. When the soul is removed from the body, you don't get a Nobody, you get death. Of course, by "soul" they seem to mean "life force", since "heart" seems to have the standard definition of soul (a person's essence, that which makes them who they are).
    I already mentioned that a Nobody is the body/soul. I was theorizing what the new enemy was, no matter how improbable the theory could be.

It would seem that the names of enemies are all based on what they are consistent of, and simply in the negative.
    Heart == Heartless
    Body == Nobody

I can't imagine what the soul could be (and I also admitted I could be wrong), but it probably has some connection with Riku's dark Blade, the "Soul Eater", which became the "Way to the Dawn". Whatever this next game will be, it will probably take place in the Dark World, or an alternate dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch!
    The alternate dimension bit makes sense. Pete was banished to an alternate dimension, right?
    Yes, but he came back, which means there must be a way to get from each dimension. In the Heartless conquests as explained by Mickey and Ansem, the Heartless also invaded alternate dimensions in search of worlds to consume. Apprently the dimension which contains Sora's worlds is not enough.

There is no reason that the Nobodies couldn't also have found a way to get from each one to another.

However, when Mickey banished Pete, this was before (I assume) when he found out about the Gummi barriers, and is still using the term as it means "I got rid of him", not "I sent him to where he can't come back". So, Mickey could have just sent Pete to another world. But the question still stands, is this movie of another dimension, or a historical/prophetical record?

umm. so theres sora, mickey and riku's keyblades... what about Kiari's?

asdfghjkl;'

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's either not a Keyblade (probable, despite what it looks like), or she borrows it from Riku (which is what happens). Notice while Ansem-Riku fights against the Heartless in WtNW cutscenes, he doesn't fight physically. Infact, he does very little while Kairi tries to fend off the Heartless, probably because he knows they can't be hurt by Heartless while he wields the Darkness.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

That video was just wrong. I'm going to be wondering what the hell it means for atleast the next week.

Also, I don't know why people are already saying "ZOMG KHIII!". That secret ending didn't say or even imply that there will be a third KH game.
    I like Kung-Fu.

maybe it was just made to torture us and nothing else will be done with the KH series... and we'll all die hoping that they would at least tell us whytf they made that.

asdfghjkl;'

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

There definitely will be more work on the KH series, as it says on the Frontsite. It doesn't necessarily mean that any work will be done in the near future.

The secret video in KHI didn't imply that there was going to be a KHII. The video just left you confused and "wtf!?" However, since there was a sequel, one can only conclude that there will be work done on the series, based on this clip. Prequel, sequel, or spin-off.

There are alot of things that the video can mean. After all, in KHI, it does mention that there was a legend about the Keyblade wielder: one brought chaos, one brought peace. Infact, if this were a prophecy, it is true. If it was a historical record, this movie may help to explain a game that would highlight the events of KH-0. If this is an alternate dimension, then we will just have to play the new game when it is done.

Both Riku and Sora used a Keyblade at one point, and they did cause an uproar in the worlds they visited. They also fought each other, which caused Goofy and Donald to challenge their loyalties, however misguided by lies of the darkness as they were, and caused Kairi quite a bit of suffering. Riku even worked with the Heartless to capture the 7 princesses. And whenever Sora appeared, something always went wrong. Even Mickey disappeared quite suddenly, and had Disney Castle wondering where he went, leaving his world with a queen that was shocked at his disappearance, and forcing his two main generals to leave the world's defense to their suboordinates (even though Disney Castle was never attacked).

But Riku, Sora, and Mickey also brought peace. They sealed away Kingdom Hearts TWICE, and defeated the known enemy of the worlds, Xehanort Heartless (Ansem DarkSeeker), and Xehanort Nobody (Xemnas). At one point, they caused the worlds to reset, and returned them to a peaceful, yet oblivious state.

I think it's gonna be a prequel...simply because that guy with the gun/nobody (forgot name)said that some something...keybladers were ebtter than sora..

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    The secret video in KHI didn't imply that there was going to be a KHII. The video just left you confused and "wtf!?" However, since there was a sequel, one can only conclude that there will be work done on the series, based on this clip. Prequel, sequel, or spin-off.
    Yes, it did in the sense that it used older versions of the same characters. It was pretty clear that it was signaling a sequel.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by KH-Cloudy
    I think it's gonna be a prequel...simply because that guy with the gun/nobody (forgot name)said that some something...keybladers were ebtter than sora..

Xigbar. I think he might have been referring to Roxas, as being better with the Keyblade than Sora, but it is open for interpretation. Roxas also lost against Sora in a duel also, which makes Sora better than Roxas. Yeah he may have been a Nobdy, but Xemnas and Ansem Darkseeker were definitely more powerful than Xehanort.

It probably will be a prequel, but there's nothing to disprove an alternate dimension, or a game in the future. Doesn't explain the rust on the Keyblades, though, unless it will be explained in the game.

My cousin (already shaping up to be false, eh?) told me that KHIII is already in semi-production, that there will be one...

But I'd rather stick with the EoFF report.
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

How come Riku doesn't have a Nobody?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

He never became a Heartless. He was only possessed by one. Riku is whole and fully existent during the entirety of the games, merely only corrupted.