Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garnet

Garnet

Has anybody here noticed that Garnet is kind of like a female version of Squall? I mean Garnet pushes Zidane away a lot during FFIX and Squall and does the same with Rinoa in FFVIII. I know this for a fact because I read a post in another message board that said-"I hate Garnet for the way she treated Zidane in FFIX! Poor Zidane..."-or something along those lines.

Personally, I think she's acting like a normal girl, as in, just because this guy is hitting on her, it doesn't mean she has to fall head over heels in love with him. And if a guy was permantantly hitting on me, I wouldn't be falling in love with him anytime soon.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You would if it was me

*Zidane moves away from the keyboard and gives Garnet a signal for the right of way, Garnet bows and sits down at the computer and cranks her knuckles*

Garnet: Garnet a female Squall, that's grade A chocobo [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]! Garnet is a believable person, first off, she's not a Squall or Cloud, why, she doesn't say "I don't care." or "Whatever..." she was mostly preoccupied with the situation at hand, what her foster mother Brahne is up to, and when Brahne dies how to stop Kuja from destroying Alexandria. She had way too much on her mind considering her age. The reason she pushed Zidane away at first is simple, it's natural for a girl of her kind to want to be respected and I don't mean that because of her social status, in times of undevelopment, women want to be respected as they respect other people, she doesn't play the part of a wild girl, she wants to be the goody two-shoe classy lady she was raised to be. She's also mature for her age, and as a person in her position, a princess durning the events of FFIX, she has a right to be shy. And Zidane was just being a teenage guy, a believable teenage guy because he's hitting on her, not the other way around. As we've posted several times, what makes the love story believable is because guy hits girl because he finds her cute, it kinda starts getting to her, at the same time guy is loving in love with who is she, and she is falling in love with him as he's changing, both sides of the relationship change in personality and develop, and feelings grow deep between them. It's a new friend by chance, one-thing-lead-to-another, and it evolved into a passionate relationship. By all means, Rinoa can take lessons from Garnet on how a woman acts her gender.
    Last edited by Darth Cid; 04-07-2006 at 06:58 PM.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

She's still a teen,natural puberty shyness.(I think I'm talking nonsense)

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneAndGarnet
    *Zidane moves away from the keyboard and gives Garnet a signal for the right of way, Garnet bows and sits down at the computer and cranks her knuckles*

Garnet: Garnet a female Squall, that's grade A chocobo [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]! Garnet is a believable person, first off, she's not a Squall or Cloud, why, she doesn't say "I don't care." or "Whatever..." she was mostly preoccupied with the situation at hand, what her foster mother Brahne is up to, and when Brahne dies how to stop Kuja from destroying Alexandria. She had way too much on her mind considering her age. The reason she pushed Zidane away at first is simple, it's natural for a girl of her kind to want to be respected and I don't mean that because of her social status, in times of undevelopment, women want to be respected as they respect other people, she doesn't play the part of a wild girl, she wants to be the goody two-shoe classy lady she was raised to be, and Zidane was just being a teenage guy, a believable teenage guy because he's hitting on her, not the other way around. As we've posted several times, what makes the love story believable is because guy hits girl because he finds her cute, it kinda starts getting to her, at the same time guy is loving in love with who is she, and she is falling in love with him as he's changing, both sides of the relationship change in personality and develop, and feelings grow deep between them. It's a new friend by chance, one-thing-lead-to-another, and it evolved into a passionate relationship. By all means, Rinoa can take a hint from Garnet on how to ACT YOUR GENDER.
    Well Garnet is quiet and she didn't like Zidane sometimes because he wouldn't take any of the situations in the game seriously at first. I'd bet Garnet would probaby like Squall if he was in FFIX because he took every situation in FFVIII seriously.LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John_912

Garnet: Garnet a female Squall, that's grade A chocobo [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]! Garnet is a believable person, first off, she's not a Squall or Cloud, why, she doesn't say "I don't care." or "Whatever..." she was mostly preoccupied with the situation at hand, what her foster mother Brahne is up to, and when Brahne dies how to stop Kuja from destroying Alexandria. She had way too much on her mind considering her age. The reason she pushed Zidane away at first is simple, it's natural for a girl of her kind to want to be respected and I don't mean that because of her social status, in times of undevelopment, women want to be respected as they respect other people, she doesn't play the part of a wild girl, she wants to be the goody two-shoe classy lady she was raised to be, and Zidane was just being a teenage guy, a believable teenage guy because he's hitting on her, not the other way around. As we've posted several times, what makes the love story believable is because guy hits girl because he finds her cute, it kinda starts getting to her, at the same time guy is loving in love with who is she, and she is falling in love with him as he's changing, both sides of the relationship change in personality and develop, and feelings grow deep between them. It's a new friend by chance, one-thing-lead-to-another, and it evolved into a passionate relationship. By all means, Rinoa can take a hint from Garnet on how to ACT YOUR GENDER.
    Well Garnet is quiet and she didn't like Zidane sometimes because he wouldn't take any of the situations in the game seriously at first. I'd bet Garnet would probaby like Squall if he was in FFIX because he took every situation in FFVIII seriously.LOL!!!
    Garnet: Quite the opposite, I...-er...Garnet wouldn't be able to stand Squall and his "crap on the world, it's not my problem, whatever..." additude as compared, Garnet's "I blame myself." additude. And Zidane did take things seriously even at the beginning, but he knows when to give a joke or two to liven people's spirits. Of course, Garnet was quiet, she's lead a quiet life, do you expect a quiet person to leave their home and suddenly be all loud-mouth and flirtish? No at least I don't. Garnet needed time to get to know Zidane, likewise, Zidane needed time to get to know Garnet. Comparing Garnet to Squall is wrong, because Garnet as I said before, acts her gender, Squall acts his gender if his gender had periods.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It's hard for someone as sheltered and as serious as Garnet to deal with someone so straight-forward and almost pushy as Zidane. At least that's how I saw it.

Zidane was quite clearly attracted to Garnet... but I think Garnet was smart enough to know that, at the beginning, that could be no more that physical attraction. Eventually he gets to know her and genuinely likes her... and I think that's what she starts to respond. I think if she'd given into him easily (like I assume most girls did), he'd have lost interested. But then again, I could just be relating that to guys I know.

If anything, I'd say Zidane acted like Rinoa, but he doesnt... much.

It's hard for someone as sheltered and as serious as Garnet to deal with someone so straight-forward and almost pushy as Zidane. At least that's how I saw it.

Zidane was quite clearly attracted to Garnet... but I think Garnet was smart enough to know that, at the beginning, that could be no more that physical attraction. Eventually he gets to know her and genuinely likes her... and I think that's what she starts to respond. I think if she'd given into him easily (like I assume most girls did), he'd have lost interested. But then again, I could just be relating that to guys I know.

If anything, I'd say Zidane acted like Rinoa, but he doesnt... much.
    Zidane: What do you mean by "given into him"? Because that's something else I want to touch on, Zidane. Everyone debates on whether or not, Zidane was a virgin during the FFIX events, we think he was a virgin, and I'll tell you why, first off, he's a bit young wouldn't you say? Seond on, I think he's like Irvine from FFVIII, he claims to be a ladies' man, but you never see him with a girl in the scene of the past. The way I see it, yes, Zidane was a hopeless romantic, everytime he would ask a girl out it would be the same scenario every single time, the girl would lose interest after realizing he's just big-talking, or instantly pours a drink to his lap after his second sentence. He claims to be everywhere where there's beautiful women, does he ever say he's with one? He was a hopeless romantic, not a ladies' man, and that's the truth.
    Last edited by Darth Cid; 04-07-2006 at 07:28 PM.

Garnet: Quite the opposite, I...-er...Garnet wouldn't be able to stand Squall and his "crap on the world, it's not my problem, whatever..." additude as compared, Garnet's "I blame myself." additude. And Zidane did take things seriously even at the beginning, but he knows when to give a joke or two to liven people's spirits. Of course, Garnet was quiet, she's lead a quiet life, do you expect a quiet person to leave their home and suddenly be all loud-mouth and flirtish? No at least I don't. Garnet needed time to get to know Zidane, likewise, Zidane needed time to get to know Garnet. Comparing Garnet to Squall is wrong, because Garnet as I said before, acts her gender, Squall acts his gender if his gender had periods.
    LOL!!!

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Like I said, I was touching a bit upon guys I know, who constantly flirt and then get tired of the girls who give in too easily. That's how Zidane seemed to me, and really if anything, I see him as a failed ladies man and not a true romantic. That's how he always came across to me.

Garnet: John, I fail to see the humor, that's the truth.

Well I don't know why but...I just thought that it was funny when you accidentally called yourself Garnet then you corrected yourself.

Well I don't know why but...I just thought that it was funny when you accidentally called yourself Garnet then you corrected yourself.
    Zidane: Well, we're very distingished rpers, at times my wife and I take on the personalities of THE characters we protray and sooner or later, forget we're just normal Earthlings.

Zidane: Well, we're very distingished rpers, at times my wife and I take on the personalities of THE characters we protray and sooner or later, forget we're just normal Earthlings.
    Rpers?