Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: what makes finalfantasy 6 better than others?

Default what makes finalfantasy 6 better than others?

what makes finalfantasy 6 good?

everything, but my favorite part is all the characters each with their own story

THE JACKEL

its not that great compared to games now.

i cant appreciate this game for it fails in terms of graphics and gameplay maybe if i had played this game 10 years ago it would have been great

people say kefka has a great lauagh?
    when i played it i heard nothin he dosnt even have a voice,all it is is HAHAHA

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.
    Last edited by tenhitcombo; 04-07-2006 at 07:19 AM.

don't double post..... obviously you can't appreciate a good game, and are too hung up on graphics.... try being open minded

THE JACKEL

graphics doesnt make a game good it would be like saying halo is great (wich is the greatest lie ever) and theres nothing wrong with the gameplay it the same as al other ff's with its own tough in it

and not hearing kefkas laugh how about trying to turn your boxes on everytime you meet him
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yes, graphics have little to do with the quality of the game. They're for aethetic purposes, yes they can be amazing, but if you're using them to judge a game you're going to miss out on a lot.

Reasons VI is great? Well for one it had an amazing story. Very involved, and the further you went the more you learned, the more you wanted to learn. The characters were simply amazing (minus of course the less developed ones like Umaro and Gogo, but they were cool regardless), and in general it was just a fun game to play.

And yes, Kefka did have a laugh. You may be shocked to learn that voice acting did not begin with this generation of consoles, or even the previous one. Just as Sega Genesis had the 'Sega' voice at the beginning of every game, many games had voice acting. Tales of Phantasia for the SNES even has a full vocal song as well as a large amount of in-battle voice acting.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

This thread has a lot of good reasons: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=80458
    Figaro Castle

You know, I will never understand how a FFVII fan could possibly care about graphics. The graphics in FFVII aren’t just bad; they are downright deplorable. I would take FFVI’s fantastic 2D graphics over FFVII terrible 3D graphics any day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    And yes, Kefka did have a laugh. You may be shocked to learn that voice acting did not begin with this generation of consoles, or even the previous one. Just as Sega Genesis had the 'Sega' voice at the beginning of every game, many games had voice acting. Tales of Phantasia for the SNES even has a full vocal song as well as a large amount of in-battle voice acting.
    I remember my Gauntlet 2 game on NES having actual voices in it such as "Red Warrior shot a potion!"

THE JACKEL

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

NES as well? Well dang, even I dont remember that, and I'm old xD. Guess I just didnt play the right games.

the music
    the script
    the characters
    the major changes
    all these merged can do nothing but overwhelm other ffs

Kefka and his one liners were a huge plus.

To be honest, I don't really like realistic graphics. 2D all the way! But the reason I liked FFVI was, well, about anything. Great Story, awesome characters (Celes, Terra, Edgar, Locke, Cyan <3), The game play was good too, and the game has the most awesome and calming Marching through the snow. And Cefca does too have a laugh... Its "Uwaa hahah hahahah haa!" I call him Cefca because Cefca is cooler than Kefka. Cefca cusses, same with Celes.. Japanese all the way.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What's to say? FFVI sucks.

Did you keep a straight face while you read that? If so, then you will be receiving one million dollars in your mail by tomorrow. Yeah, my post office is so fast, it even sends mail to Iraq within 30 minutes, or the pizza is free. Infact, they will pay you to take the pizza.

FFVI is one fo the best games of the FF series.
    The gameplay (revolutionary)
    The characters (believeable and FAR more emo than Cloud could ever be)
    The setting, plot, storyline, and music
    Yeah okay, the graphics suck, but consider this: it was made several years ago, on a console that is 2 generations old.

Or: the lack of good/detailed graphics forces you to use your imagination. That way, you will never be disappointed, because you imagine things as YOU would have them while you go through the game.

Yes, and the best villian ever... Kefka. If you ever compared this game to anything else, everything would lose (except most other FFs). It has everything, love, humor, even the illegitimate child, grilled to perfection in one wholesome game. And add to that, one quality no 3-D game could ever recapture for many years: charm.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

FF6 is my favourite or VERY close second favourite of the old series (old series being 1-6.) it has a brilliant cast of characters who all have quite good personalitys. the music is some of the best and kefka is a very good enemy. the storyline and the ways things happen are so interesting and although the first part of the game is realy fun the seconds good because of all the freedom. "searching for friends" has got to be one of the most emotional FF tunes and the boss battle tune is one of the best. has anyone heard the black mages version of the FF6 boss tune? its brilliant! FF6 isnt my favourite (in fact i never completed it because the disk broke.) but its far from the worst. these are my top 5 FFs.
    1. FF9
    2. FF8
    i dont know which i like better out of FF7, FF6 and FF4 but they are the other 3 on my top 5.
    does anyone know if FF6 will be remade for GBA because its pretty hard to find a good copy of FF6.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*