Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts about this one.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I think all the characters of this game are a little bland, and the gameplay is only 20-30 hours that's my only problems with it.

Other than that I enjoyed it mucly.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was the standard classic FF experience. I certainly loved the tasty job system, and the story, it just screamed "this is Final Fantasy. Go get the crystals. Defeat bad guy in outer-space crystal dungeon", and I was like "sure!" I certainly felt that the characters had depth (Krile/Cara/Klulu to a lesser extent), though if you want to compare them to later FF characters' back stories, then that really isn't fair.

(SPOILER)Although they all have problems that real-life problems pale in comparison too. I mean, did your hometown get sucked into a black hole? Didn't think so.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    It was the standard classic FF experience. I certainly loved the tasty job system, and the story, it just screamed "this is Final Fantasy. Go get the crystals. Defeat bad guy in outer-space crystal dungeon", and I was like "sure!" I certainly felt that the characters had depth (Krile/Cara/Klulu to a lesser extent), though if you want to compare them to later FF characters' back stories, then that really isn't fair.

(SPOILER)Although they all have problems that real-life problems pale in comparison too. I mean, did your hometown get sucked into a black hole? Didn't think so.
    Yeah, you're right. But I think that the game and job system did not really give a chance for all in depth characters... I hope that they'll change that in the GBA version. The characters had depth, but some more wouldn't hurt.

I love Final Fantasy V, heck, I love all Final Fantasies (even Final Fantasy VIII which everyone seems to hate).

I haven't completed this game, I'm up to the Second World. I once played it before and got up to Galuf's death, though.

I find it one of the most entertaining FF games. I like how they cram a lot of humour into the game but also have some VERY sad moments...
    "Vivi pwns your ass."

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

FF5 was probly the second best or best 2d FF. the graphics were fine. the big bridge tun is one of the best in any FF. the system and difficulty were perfect. the job system, although i prefer fixed jobs like in FF9 was possibly the best. it was almost definetly the funniest FF yet it stayed serious with very emotional moments and some great scenes. a true great among FFs. my only complaint is at times it can be dull but those occasions are very rare. its a hard game but not ridiculously hard and the leveling is tricky so it strikes a perfect balance so its not too easy like some others.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I usually don't get caught up on these details, as I'm too wrapped up on the great gameplay to really notice.

The story could've been a little more elaborated on, but that's mostly due to the limitations of 16-bit as well as a faulty translation. I don't think there is a really good translation out there that I'm aware of.

As long as you know great spots and strategies to build job levels, mastering them isn't quite as bad.

FFV is what is supposed to be. One big adventure! It's not my fave but it's one of my fave. It's definately better than IV.

Banned

Except for the fact that you mentioned the spoiler (SPOILER)Galuf's death, it was a nice conclusion.

I need to start trying to want to play this again, When you mentioned the music, the scores okay, (hence the piano collections for this game is top 3rd of my fave. piano collections) but it seemed as if the music generator they used for FFV didn't evolve at all from FFIV, that was just one thing I had trouble getting my head around, that and the........ colors... They just seemed alittle brighter. I did like it to an extent, 'cause you know Pirates are always cool. I dunno... The music and brightness, I just can't get over that to well. Oh and the fact my last copy of it glitched and I couldn't beat the dragon in the floating ruins. (I posted about this in another thread, it was devistating) But hey... You know, I'm on an FFVI break, I might as well pop FFV in and give it another whirl. =]
    <3.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nobody wants to play with a little 14 year old girl,
    If they did they'd be arested!!!

Seriously though I like her and until now I didn't know people didn't. I like her (Not just cause she's hot though) BUT because she#s THE most devolped character ever.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER
    she#s THE most devolped character ever.

i STRONGLY disagree with that

EDIT: i should expand on this a little. I'm not saying she's under developed, but the most developed? Most definitley not. In fact from what i can see, she has the least development of all the main characters.
    Last edited by Shin Gouken; 06-13-2006 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Omega
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER
    she#s THE most devolped character ever.

i STRONGLY disagree with that

EDIT: i should expand on this a little. I'm not saying she's under developed, but the most developed? Most definitley not. In fact from what i can see, she has the least development of all the main characters.
    I disagree with that, I think she's more developed than Butz/Bartz, for a main character, he strongly lacked personality.

But maybe the Advance version will add soem more depth to each character?

Here's another thing: Relm, she isn't much older than Krile, is she? And yet people like to play with her, or at least did not complain. What, she had no background story or development at all! Neither did Strago, and nobody complained. And Relm's weapon, a paintbrush? Gimme a break! Not saying Relm is bad, I take it as an example. I think people like Relm because she's spoony mouthed. If Krile was spoony mouthed, people would like her as well.

EDIT: Peter_20, I'm sorry... Should have known... My excuses.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

What do we know about krile? she's galufs grandaughter.

Bartz has a lot of background if people bother to do the sidequests. In his hometown you learn alot about his character with the flashbacks. We see bartz lust over girls, we see him scared, we see him bravely challenge x-death, we see him lose control on the air ship, we see his funny side (with krile no less), we see his loner and self contained side. He appears blunt alot but this doesnt mean he doesnt have character. Comparing him to krile is a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

FFXIV Character

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Omega
    What do we know about krile? she's galufs grandaughter.

Bartz has a lot of background if people bother to do the sidequests. In his hometown you learn alot about his character with the flashbacks. We see bartz lust over girls, we see him scared, we see him bravely challenge x-death, we see him lose control on the air ship, we see his funny side (with krile no less), we see his loner and self contained side. He appears blunt alot but this doesnt mean he doesnt have character. Comparing him to krile is a joke
    I did all the side-quest, so don't worry, I know.

I won't argue, because you make all good points.
    But what do we see of Krile? Yes, she's Galuf's granddaughter, and if people bother talking to Galuf's soldiers, we learn her parents disappeared when she was young and Galuf raised her.
    We see Krile sensing the others are in danger in the forest of Mua, she came when King Tycoon was in need to be knocked away (all by herself, I might add), we see her come to aid the others in the forest of Mua, we see her cry over the loss of her only family yet alive (perhaps!), we see her writing a letter to Cid and Mid in the end, and then we can see how she feels, we see her still having some kind of bond with Galuf, we see her deside that she'll take his place, she sets out alone with Bartz (stupid move, agreed), and so on.

But Bartz had his thingies too, you are right, but I wouldn't go as far as calling Krile a joke, she had personality too, only less developed, which is a shame.

But you did not note my other point about Relm and Krile. If Krile was spoony mouthed, I'm sure people would like her much more.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

She is a very devolped character.

The fact that Gaulf died infront of her is a terible experience not just because of him being familly it's because it brings back memories.

Her parents are DEAD and died directly infront of her. Which can change the very aspect of her character. Her main story is to get back to "basics" with life and understands the point of dying for someone but through ageism is not aloud to do so.

Bartz understands her perfectly as his mother died infront of him when he was quite young as well, all his parents weren't murdered it's enough to understand which containd hints in a Bartz/Cara relation.

This also explains her relation with the Hyruu.