Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best friends make the worst enemies

Default Best friends make the worst enemies

This is the lesson I learned when a nine-year friendship of mine collapsed in a matter of seconds, three months ago. From love to treacherous hate in a blink. PROFOUND, FIERY HATE. The details are unecessary.

Has anyone else here faced a similar situation? Has a close friendship you thought would always be strong somehow curdled into loathing?

I guess this could go on EoEE, but I'm not very emotionally shattered right now.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Articles

You could also say "Best friends make the worst roommates."

I moved in with one of my best friends coming out of high school since we were both going to the same college. Little did I know he was a possessive egotistical jerk, we were sick of each other after six months.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nah, it's hard for me to hate anybody, especially a friend.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No one really knows anyone completely. Even friends.

I've actually had the opposite happen to me. At grade 5 someone banged my head against the fence and i started bleeding pretty badly. At grade 7 that same person that banged my head became my friend. Yea, pretty strange but somehow we were pretty good friends.

I rarely ever get in fights with my school friends. My long time friends though, I get in fights with them all the time.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not that I recall, however, the opposite has happened to me. (Someone you can't stand and you argue with becomes a close buddy, etc.)

Well, two things have happened to me

My childhood girlfriend is one of my nemesis now

Also a schoolmate, she was a cool friend when we were childs, now we are enemies to death.

God, I love to mess her life

I don't let my friends get that close to me, so there's no problem.
    lol signature

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel411
    This is the lesson I learned when a nine-year friendship of mine collapsed in a matter of seconds, three months ago. From love to treacherous hate in a blink. PROFOUND, FIERY HATE. The details are unecessary.

Has anyone else here faced a similar situation? Has a close friendship you thought would always be strong somehow curdled into loathing?

I guess this could go on EoEE, but I'm not very emotionally shattered right now.
    Oh yeah, I have a close friend in school named Pauline and she was my seatmate, and we were always seen together in school. I always supported her and she always supported me. I helped her out when she needs help, I comforted her when she was sad and I was always there for her when she needs financial help. And she was there for me the same. I always thought that our friendship could last a lifetime!

But then, in our school, I was your ordinary boyish girls. I walk like a boy, I act like a boy, I sound like a boy. Everyone who saw us together would giggle and then tease us and then, my friendship with Pauline was misinterpreted as, what you call, a 'crush'...

Rumors suddenly spread like wildfire that I see my close friend Pauline more than a friend...and I never knew that there were rumors behind my back... before I knew it, Pauline overheard my classmates say, "Hey, did you know? Faye has a crush on Pauline... maybe they're MU's??" (btw, MU means Mutual Understanding, its a kind of relationship, closer to the point of Bf,gf)..

Now, Pauline isn't that kind of a girl who likes to have girls crushing over her...sooo...to make the rumors seem untrue, she decided to ignore and avoid me...

I cried...

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

All the time. I change a lot.

I have a good friend who fell out with her bestest friend ever she has known since the age of 4(now there 15, 16). They went through the hating each other phase but now there fine thankfully

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

A sudden change from friendship to hatred? Not yet, but i hope it won't happen

I always find that the opposite happens to me.
    uh
    Last edited by marc; 03-14-2010 at 03:59 AM.

I have one of these now. Epiphany's Avatar

Fairly recently, though I wouldn't say it's outright hatred, more of an advanced dislike.
    There are other friends of mine I thought'd be my best friends for years and years to come, and we've just drifted apart and don't really speak anymore.

Originality is good, kids.