Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Is So Great About Zelda ?

Default What Is So Great About Zelda ?

I dont own any Nintendo consoles ( except a DS ), and have always wanted to play Zelda, after hearing so much about the games I finally got to play OOT early last year. I borrowed my Friends Gamecube and the Disc featuring 4 zelda games. Well, I started a OOT file and played played played. I wasnt blown away by any means, I wasnt really hooked either, I kept playing to try and see whether the game suddenly got better ,but it didnt.
    I got up to the water palace then stopped, I was pretty disappointed. I didnt bother playing the other games as OOT is apparantly the best.
    I have played one of the 2D outings ( I forget ), and wasnt blown away by them either, games like Alundra ( which is very similier to the 2D Zelda games ) are very much superior.

So, what did everybody find in Zelda that I didnt :confused:

Well OOT is by far the best one. Zelda 1 is a true classic, nothing great about it I dont think personally, Zelda 2 is utter rubbish and the rest of the series are great games, also you wanna try Wind Waker, thats a great game.

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

I truly HATE HATE HATE when people go back and play old games, and try and compare them to more contemporary titles. You have to compare them to games of their own time. Yeah I'll be honest, no Zelda game really blows me away, but to be honest no game ever really has. They're fun games and take some careful planning and strategy to win against bosses, and have fun puzzle elements plys a lot of exploration. That is why I enjoy the Zelda games.... also why I enjoy most metroid games BTW, the exploration and strategy of bosses.

THE JACKEL

I like the GBC versions (Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages)

The other's ive played werent that fun at all

Im waiting to see how Twilight Princess turns out though

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Zelda is a lovely game. Its all that playstation. Its corrupted your mind Dreddz

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    I didnt bother playing the other games as OOT is apparantly the best.
    I have played one of the 2D outings ( I forget ), and wasnt blown away by them either, games like Alundra ( which is very similier to the 2D Zelda games ) are very much superior.
    How do you know? You've only played OoT, which is 3D. Taste is split, either you like it or you don't. There's a lot of people that hate Zelda and a lot of people that love Zelda. The word Zelda can be replaced with every other game in the world in that sentence. But here's some tips:

1. Don't play OoT on the Gamecube. The buttons ruins the gameplay, especially the C buttons. OoT is made for N64.
    2. A Link to the Past is better than OoT, in my opinion.
    3. Water palaces suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    So, what did everybody find in Zelda that I didnt
    I don't know what you didn't find, but here's what I found:
    • Great gameplay. Swordfighting, and other nifty gadgets.
    • A nice little predictable storyline with interesting twists for each game.
    • Tons of sidequests and collectibles.
    • Challenging dungeons, with memorable boss fights.
    • That sparkly sound when you open a treasure chest.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9
    I truly HATE HATE HATE when people go back and play old games, and try and compare them to more contemporary titles. You have to compare them to games of their own time.
    Hardly. Alpha Centauri, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Daggerfall, X-Com, Civilization II, Final Fantasy VI and VII, Suikoden I and II - these games are all some years old, and remain some of the best there are. Better than most of the graphical l33tness we get these days.

And I have no idea what everyone sees in Zelda games. As you say Dreddz, for top-down stuff, Alundra is infinitely superior.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I don't know what you were missing when you played it, but I don't think I've played a better videogame in my life than Ocarina of Time. Zelda is just an entity comprised of the perfect balance of everything that makes a fantastic game. I could try to list everything that I think is so awesome about it, but it's pretty pointless since the people who agree with me already know it and the people who disagree would never change their minds.

There's pictures of naked ladies when you beat the game. Honest.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

OOT is not the best one. The original is. The second quest is literally a quest of assholish proportions! Everything is in a differet spot and none of them are all that easy to find.

Not to mention the game play was simple but challenging unlike the rest of the series....aside from Zelda II. That game was....different.

Whats so great about Zelda?IMO, a lot. THe game has good levels, cool gadgets, Swords, and Epona, and Link.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

i really liked the story

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

i honestly don't know. it wierd, i love OoT, one of the best games for N64 (that and Golden Eye are the best) but its hard to say whats so good. I think that it's probably one of the first games around its time to have good gameplay, good graphics and a really good story line.
    *spoiler*
    Except for the bloody ending. poor Link never gets Zelda. she just makes them all go back in time. So, not only does he not get her, he also goes from like 16 to 8.
    *end spoiler*

but yea, either way its a really great game. i'd still recommend anyone to go back and play it. Plus, the Ocorina songs are addictive as anything. Just, i don't play Majora's Mask in my opinion. The storyline isn't to good and the gameplay is really aggrivating at time (you have to play in the same 3 day period over and over and over again)

Which FF Character Are You?

A happy life is not an American dream, it's an Irish one.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, Zelda: OoT is a great game back when Nintendo64 was still kicking it. Well, if you started playing it recently, you may not have been amazed by it since it may be "slow" compared to more recent games. I wouldn't blame you since you missed out when it was first out.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And you have to play Majora's Mask, at least to see the psychadelic final battle arena.

But yeah, I guess alot of the people who like Zelda naturally played the older games, and the other games as well. And of course, I suppose not everyone would enjoy Zelda, but I really do want to know what those people are taking.