Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the fascination with auron

In agreeance with others, I like Auron not because he is especially useful in battle but because of his personality. He doesn't run his mouth. When he speaks he has something meaningful to say, a quality I much admire. But since Tav said exactly what is in my mind on the subject, and very eloquently at that (A+, bro. umm, unless you are a girl, in which case A+ sister) I'll just quote Tav's ENTIRE post, and you would do well to read or reread it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    There are many reasons that Auron is insanely likable. First off, he has great voice acting and awesome oneliners. Wise and honorable, he goes around, an enigma, helping perople for the sake of helping and fulfilling a promise to a friend.

His clothes and style are nothing you can handle, o, man of darkness. Using the Masamune means nothing to me, you fool!

It's really more about plot than usefulness, even then, he's someone who uses a sword, and he isn't a wimp like Tidus. He alone is the FDQ for FFX, until you finish the game and do the sidequests.

Using Auron == easy mode
    Interchanging Auron for another character == difficult
    Not using Auron == same chance of winning as trying to lose at FFX-2 and actually getting the game over screen

0%.

Not only that, he is the third main character, who has the longest side story about him. He is a pained and tortured character who is forced to face death straight in the eyes because of his friends. He loses, but he never stops, which is an insanely powerful message of hope and perseverance even when all odds are hopeless.

Everything he does is graceful and powerful. Not only that he is like that of a ronin, abandoned, but he does what he can. He is the symbol of wanting to belong in society, but he can't, and he leaves the world, right after he leaves his mark on it. Strength and honor! All your base are belong to us!

His entire character set up may be a giant set of cliches, (hero cycle, misfit, mindset of a samurai, honorable and willing to die), but cliches are overused for a reason.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

His Ultimate Weapon looks like some magic fork...that does a crapload of damage.

Sir Auron

Sir Auron...
    He is a calm,understanding and skilled warrior.
    He helps the team how to act and how to go further in battles.
    He is importent for Tidus and Yuna.
    He foughted with Yuna's father, Lord Braska and Tidus father Sir Jecht for TEN years ago and thats cool.
    So he knew more about them then Tidus and Yuna.
    :magus:

"You don't need a reason to help people.":kaoplain:

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I prefer most of the other characters over Auron.

and why the hell do people class him as a samurai.... -_-

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Why do people class Auron as samurai:

From Wikipedia:

Auron's character design calls to mind the quintessential "wandering ronin"; he bears more than a passing resemblance to the "Sanjuro" character played by actor Toshiro Mifune in the film Yojimbo. Both allow one sleeve to dangle empty while concealing the arm inside their robe, a ronin characteristic referring to the loss of a master (the symbolic loss of the sword arm). Aside from physical appearance, both are largely silent, often brusque when they deem it necessary to speak, and are frequently seen scratching their chins. Internet rumors claim designer Tetsuya Nomura used a figurine of Mifune as "inspiration" when drawing the character; however, he has not admitted to this in any interviews.

His sword, though called a katana, actually appears to more closely resemble a nodachi or even the fictional Zanbatou. On his right hip, he carries a jug with the word "Nog" written on it (in Spiran script), a term used to describe a number of beverages including rum. The drink is featured in two of his overdrives: the contents being spat onto his sword prior to executing Banishing Blade, or used to ignite the Tornado attack; the former likely pays homage to Japanese samurai, who would occasionally spit sake on their blades in order to "feed the spirit of the blade." Auron's attacks are also heavily based on the "Samurai" job class from previous Final Fantasy games, particularly his ability to break through his opponents' defenses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auron
    Last edited by Renmiri; 04-16-2006 at 11:59 AM.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros
    (SPOILER)He used Tidus and Yuna at different points for his own personal gain in order to get to Yunalesca, who he blamed for Jecht and Braska's deaths. She had also killed him when he returned after the final summoning Braska had conducted. I think Auron wanted revenge on Yunalesca a little more than he cared for killing Sin once and for all...
    Uhm.
    How do you figure? I didn't get this sense from his character at all. He brought Tidus to Spira after years of watching over him, keeping his promise to Jecht until the very end. He convinced Yuna to dissent from Yevon so that they might actually have a chance at destroying Sin for good, not because he wanted at Yunalesca. Auron's whole reason for joining the quest was redemption, not revenge. If he only cared about offing Yunalesca, he would have quit after the party killed her, or at least been less enthused about their mission. He didn't want to leave Spira until he had corrected all the mistakes he felt he'd made on his first pilgrimage.

rikkus my fav because of her hyper personality.
    Come to my up and coming FFVII: Advent Children site. it still needs work but i'm getting there.
    http://freewebs.com/clashing_blades

Grin OH YEAH!

OMG auron is awesome, not to mention really hot. ok, u remember in Luca when the fiends were attacking and he stayed there and fought that one fiend in that FMV short scene? OMG he took his arm out of that coat and BAM i was like daaaaaang hes got some nice arms, and ill bet u fifty bucks hes got really nice shoulders and chest, (ooooo gotta luv the chest) but not only THAT but hes so kick ass!!! i agree with the people who said everything he does is graceful yet super powerful, a combination that is unbeatable in the end.

never forget the dreams that have past... and never deny the dreams that will come.....

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Final_Gam...ex.php?act=idx
    join the awesomeness

i hope to high heaven ur a not a guy!?

in response to savannah, true that he doesn't quit after yunalesca's death so u do have a point. but the only point he gets super workedup is before that fight, like he'd been waiting for it his entire life (or death!) and if wot kyros says is rite, it's likely that evrything he told yuna and tidus was jus to cover up his true intentions. or he lukd after tidus jus to kill 2 birds with one stone!

in response to night_blade, hell yeh! best girl out there!

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Grin lmao

hey! im a girl! or else the comment i left would b really disturbing! hahaha

never forget the dreams that have past... and never deny the dreams that will come.....

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Final_Gam...ex.php?act=idx
    join the awesomeness

Auron's Masamune rocks! I usually use Sentinel, since it works wonders with Masamune's Counterattack and ability to do more damage as Auron's HP gets lower. So... Auron uses Sentinel, enemy damages Auron, Auron counters. Repeat. ...Auron will do more and more damage with each counterattack! Also, Auto-Life/Auto-Pheonix are handy here... for tougher enemies, like the Arena fiends. However... I suck at his Overdrives... Banishing Blade is difficult...
    Aurora, exhale bloody air! Dark Holy!

if ur going to use the sentinel techniques, my i also recommend provoke as the enem(y/ies) will then only attack auron

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Auron is one of those characters that no matter the situation is completley calm ,cool ,and collected. it doesn't matter who he faces, he will pwn anyone.

hes pretty tanked up for a dead guy.
    "My freinds,You are my strength,I will never betray you,Never leave you.."
    "Those that look for power leave pain in their wake"
    Courtney. My angel. My love. My heart beats for you always
    Final Fantasy Fan Fic

Blog Entries

It's because he brings out everyone's secret gay feelings

there was a picture here

I love his voice, his looks, his smirk and his attacks are good
    I dunno, I like older guys, cept this ones also dead, but hey!