Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i love finalfantyasy 8 way better than 6

Default i love finalfantyasy 8 way better than 6

isnt it great>?best graphics on psx cool main character and awesome story this is my favorite final fantasy . oh and cool music.tell me why this one is better than 6

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I dont know why you have to keep harping on this FFVI business. If you dont like it, fine, but jeez we dont need to hear it constantly.

Anyway, I didnt like VIII much. I did enjoy the music, the card game, and a few of the smaller characters (Laguna, Quistis, and Raine). The story had far too many lame things, particularily the 'omg we're all from the same orphanage wtf', but I did think the playing the paralell story of Laguna and company was a great idea. I couldnt stand the main characters, Squall was alright, but once he got all obsessive with Rinoa I really disliked him.

The grapics were pretty in the FMVs and the backgrounds in normal game play were gorgeous, but I didnt like how pixely and grainy the characters looked against the smooth and lovely backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by tenhitcombo
    isnt it great>?best graphics on psx cool main character and awesome story this is my favorite final fantasy . oh and cool music.tell me why this one is better than 6
    It just is, lol . Besides all the qualities you mentioned, and not forgetting the supreme game play, FFVIII simply has that indescribable feeling of heavenly intervention which anyone who truly experiences the game can feel. Why do you think I call it a religion? FFVIII>all

ROCK ON!
    -LYCHON

yep i tottaly agree im going to change my sig to squall or rinoa

i just started playing, and i think it's better than 6. still hasn't beat 7 though (in graphics of course, but that doesn't count, does it?) i like the characters they all have great personalitys especially squall.

I loved everything about FFVIII (cept Selphie and took me a while to at least think Irvine was somewhat decent), however, I enjoyed FFVI just as much so I don't really wanna have to choose between the two. Provided the time each one came out, they were both amazing titles (my two favorite FFs along with X). I love the character development, the struggles, and they have my two favorite villains of all time so I'm not going to complain much about either one. Of course they both have some details I may not like here and there but overall they are classics in my mind and will continue to captivate me for a long time (if not forever ^^).

How did I wander over here..
    Seriously dude, there's more things to life than bashing 6. <3.
    I did like FF8 to an extent, I basically stopped playing right after the scene with 'Eyes on Me' because of boredom, and plus my main goal was to get to that part.... Sort of like... the game ends for me in Zelda when I gain the ability to fish..
    Conflict of Intrests.. Save Zelda.. Or fish?
    Same thing with FF8, I had fun at the begining, with all the strange awkward school setting, but after a while I got annoyed with the dullness of the main character.
    I did like Selphie though, and Zell annoyed me to death. It's not that bad of a game.. but by far my least favorite. I could just never get into it.

i love it the most compared to other Final Fantasy games. it's one [B I G] notch above Final Fantasy VII and two times better than Final Fantasy VI.

Hmmm...I'm almost surprised that nobody compared it to IX...unless I missed it. I enjoyed 8 much more than 9, especially since 9 (obviously) came out after, but the grahpics weren't nearly as good. Also, a horrible selection in GFs in 9. 8 was gggrrrrrreeaaaaaAAAAttt!!! *frosted flakes*....o.o

I had many problems with IX. For one you go on this assignment to be able to summon then you find a billion of the gems afterwards that let you learn them wtf. You also have a bunch of retarded characters. Oh look I'm Steiner, I swing sword really hard and therefore I'm a cool character. Zidane was a stupid character who should have died in the end but the supposedly evil villain saves him wtf lame. The villains sucked, the big secret boss was a giant ball that sucked hard and was easy to beat, and you had a hint of pedophilia -_-; wtf

Anyway FFVI was a great game in it's own. It concentrated on each individual character much more than most rpgs while intertwining character development into it. FFVI centered a lot of stuff around either Terra or Locke therefore making it have more than one main character (omg FFXII won't be the first O.O XD).
    Last edited by Kyros; 04-15-2006 at 02:19 PM.

yeah i like 8's graphics better than 9's. but i didn't like the battle scene graphics they were too pixely...
    8 for me wasn't hard at all to get into. i like rinoa and squall so i keep playing just to see when they're gonna get together. one thing that was stupid that i just played today was the whole orphanage thing. yeah, they all went to the same orphanage then they all ended up saving the world together. well i guess its possible cuz the worlds so damn small....but kinda corny if you ask me.

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lychon
    It just is, lol . Besides all the qualities you mentioned, and not forgetting the supreme game play, FFVIII simply has that indescribable feeling of heavenly intervention which anyone who truly experiences the game can feel. Why do you think I call it a religion? FFVIII>all

ROCK ON!
    -LYCHON
    Final Fantasy VIII is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE GAME!!! :kaohappy2 and I doubt if anything will ever change that. Kingdom Hearts DEFINETLY comes 2nd though!!!

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    I dont know why you have to keep harping on this FFVI business. If you dont like it, fine, but jeez we dont need to hear it constantly.

Anyway, I didnt like VIII much. I did enjoy the music, the card game, and a few of the smaller characters (Laguna, Quistis, and Raine). The story had far too many lame things, particularily the 'omg we're all from the same orphanage wtf', but I did think the playing the paralell story of Laguna and company was a great idea. I couldnt stand the main characters, Squall was alright, but once he got all obsessive with Rinoa I really disliked him.
    Oh you couldn't have said what I wanted to say any better. THANKYOU! I'll like to add that hated Quistis and Rinoa though. Rinoa was a "loose woman" and spoiled. Quistis had abosulutely no persona of her own. Overall the characters and the gameplay could have been better. The characters from 6 are much better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud_doll
    yeah i like 8's graphics better than 9's.
    But 9 is prettier than 8.

yeah, they all went to the same orphanage then they all ended up saving the world together. well i guess its possible cuz the worlds so damn small....but kinda corny if you ask me.
    Somewhat, but I like how everything was weaved together like that. It made the pieces to the puzzle connect.

no the story in 6 suked as well and compared to 8 now is nothing all the characters do gay motions when they lvl up and it is just plain boring i fell asleep after playing 6 for 3o mins. the loading is way to slow!

Hey ten hit combo, try posting this same thread in the Final Fantasy VI section and see how much you get killed over.

Anyway I liked FFVI WAY better than FFVIII. Final Fantasy VIII's storyline was actually quite shallow, seriously.

Also, you shouldn't make fun of Final Fantasy VI's graphics, it was on the freaking Super Nintendo. Those were top notch graphics and animations for the time.

If you want to complain about load times, then burn your Final Fantasy Anthology
    version and get a rom or a SNES cartridge to stay legal. When Square ported FF6 to the PS1, the load times got all screwed up. Don't hold that against the original game.

You need to think more oldskool.