Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Silent Hill Series

Quote Originally Posted by lord shishio
    its a really good series, i've played them all and think #2 is the best, but yea the storylines get deep as you get into them...its just a really good series that i'd suggest you try
    SH2 is the best! And really puts you in the dark zone, take a look at some screen shots!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think you should play Silent Hill 2 then 1 then 3. If you want to get 4 play it after playing 2, because it follows up on that plot somewhat and 3 directly follows 1.

2 was the bes tin my opinion, and a good number of fans would agree. It's main plot doesn't involve much from the first one, so it's okay as a stand alone game, although you might not understand some things. Not that you would anyway. But 2 is my favorite and the scariest in my opinion.

You must play 1 before 3, as said before. Direct sequal and you won't understand what's going on in 3, otherwise.

4 was okay, but a great dissappointment. I suggest playing it last. It has it's moments, but the story and everything are so off beat from the rest of the series. From what I heard, it wasn't even supposed to be a Silent Hill game in the beginning, but whatever. Play this one last.

In all, it wouldn't hurt to go in order. That way you can see how they progressed, graphically and plot-wise. Might be hard to find 1 in stores though. Might have to go through Amazon or eBay.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

I liked 4 the best. I liked the story behind Walter Sullivan the most.

Play em 1-4. That's how it was mean't to be. The most haunting one is probly number 1 or 2. But SH3 is the best all round. SH4 is good but repeats too much of the other games, so that will probably be the least enjoyable. It was for me

Quote Originally Posted by lord shishio
    the only good resident evil game was 4, the rest were crap, so not really
    RE1-3 are what RE games represent, RE4 just went gun-ho on everything. Where were the scares, where was the story. All out the back door.
    Thats just my opinion of course, RE4 wasnt bad, but pales in comparison to the first 3.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    Sorry, I forgot to add thats my opinion

Just teasing...but I still prefer SH, IMHO.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventur...reenindex.html

Some brilliant screenshots in case you've never seen or played the game before. Enjoy!

Or you know what? you can wait for the PlayStation3 and buy it for $600. And then get Silent Hill(5) for it (YES they're making the game , this time monsters can grip your throat through the TV and make you feel the PAIN!)

Everyone says how good SH2 is and (though I have it) I have never been able to finish it because I always got bored of doing the whole 'go to one room and slay a zombie and pick up something then go to another room slay a zombie and pick up something'.

I like games with good character interaction and always got bored with Silent Hill 2 because there seems to be very little character interaction. I'll probably give it another try sometime though.

I'd also like to point out, RE4 is NOT the best in the series. It's good as hell, but it's nowhere NEAR as cool as RE2.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Holmes
    I'd also like to point out, RE4 is NOT the best in the series. It's good as hell, but it's nowhere NEAR as cool as RE2.
    :choc2:

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Resident Evil 2 was too easy. Resident Evil 1 owns. (Minus the bad voice acting)

Meh, I'd say there pretty tied when it comes to difficulty. Maybe RE1 is a little more difficult. Just those damn hunters.