Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ways not to Defeat Cecil Dark Knight

Attack and cure yourself with Hipotions

hmm.. all i did was stand there and received the blows... he never killed me.. and he stopped b4 a quarter of my hp is gone.. ;

its been almost a month since the last reply but still.....i couldnt beat that part for almost a week because i kept attacking the knight if this thread was here earlier you guys would of save me time.
    :rabite: :luigi: :mario:the day will come....................................(holding the suspense).......

All I did was Attack normally and used Potions when needed. It's easier that way.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

well dont try to parry unless you have great timing and dont fight him unless you overlvl i once piggyd cecil so it would be easy

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

I always kill him so that I can be Dark Paladin Cecil and dual-wield the Excalibur and the Hades Blade.
    Sigless

In the SNES version he has very few HP (like 1000), probably because they thought beginners could never think of not attacking. In the anthologies version he has insane HP. I don't even think you can kill him but I can't say for certain ... I never tried XD

To win the first time throught, I just bought some Cure2 Potions which were enough to keep me alive.

i'm playing the GBA version (never played Snes version)... i got up to this bit and died a few times, first attacking as normal... then later trying to defend, i also died.

then when it says "a true paladin would sheath his sword", i went into items mid-fight, unequipped my sword and the battle ended.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I just kept attacking and got my ass kicked :P

I figured it out after 5 tries XDDDD

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm View Post
    I always kill him so that I can be Dark Paladin Cecil and dual-wield the Excalibur and the Hades Blade.

don't kick his arse. I'm being serious, one thought of asskicking and you got paladin Cecil on a bacon pan. Well what do you think that smell was? Paint?

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

first time i faught him i just thought it was an evil "trial by combat" boss....but after getting owned twice i had an ephipany and de-equipped my sword hence beating that little bugger.....*phew*

It's easy...I got owend once...you just need to focus more on healing and wall yourself...don't make all out attacks...it won't work...good

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

I saw the "Ahhh the power of cheese" guide and so i defended and maybe potioned. He just looked at me and said "Dang u! Since you have done nothing i will now kill myself and let you go save the world!" Not even the pirates of FF1 were dumber
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

I would try and heal the D-Cecil, cause I thought that is what a true knight would do. But then I realized I just had to sit there and do nothing.
    BEHOLD!!! The 88 Plymouth Sundance!!