Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ways not to Defeat Cecil Dark Knight

Default Ways not to Defeat Cecil Dark Knight

So for those of us that beat FF4 without looking on the internet, what crazy things did you do to try to defeat Cecil Dark Knight?

I remember I turned Cecil into a pig, thinking that I'd be facing a pig making the fight a whole lot easier. There was also the time where I thought if I deequipped Cecil's Black Sword he wouldn't be able to attack me with it.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio
    So for those of us that beat FF4 without looking on the internet, what crazy things did you do to try to defeat Cecil Dark Knight?

I remember I turned Cecil into a pig, thinking that I'd be facing a pig making the fight a whole lot easier. There was also the time where I thought if I deequipped Cecil's Black Sword he wouldn't be able to attack me with it.
    The first time I fought Dark Cecil, I just attacked, and used Cure potions whenever my HP got below 90. I also equipped the Paladin Shield I was able to buy from Mysidia, so I took half damage. I kept attacking, and it stopped after 9 hits.

Now I know just to Defend.

D-Cecil has static stats anyways, and Darkness isn't affected by his sword damage (well, at least not in the American version).

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

i just attacked over and over, thinking I really had to beat him...but yeah, eventually i got the hint.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I distincly remembere killing him on the American SNES version, I just kept attacking and healing when neccessary.

Now I know alot better.

I got really lucky and actually read the text the first time i fought him and i picked up on it. However, the first time i fought Kain in Fabul i tried so hard to beat him and i got really pissed when he handed my ass to me. I actually heard you can beat him though.... i wonder if you get crazy exp for it.
    'You want apologies, girl you might hold your breath, until your breathing stops...forever,forever. The only thing you'll get, is this curse on your lips, I hope it tastes of ME forever.'~ Falloutboy

So none of you did something crazy thinking it would make the battle with Dark Knight Cecil easier?

Honestly my thoughts at the time were that i had just fought two boss battles in a row and i wasnt really prepared for it at all. i didnt even go back and save before i went in and i dont know why so i wasnt prepared and like i said i never ever died fighting him so i guess i got really lucky....
    'You want apologies, girl you might hold your breath, until your breathing stops...forever,forever. The only thing you'll get, is this curse on your lips, I hope it tastes of ME forever.'~ Falloutboy

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

id already heard about that fight so i just waited and healed until i won. i would of eventually figured it out anyway. i think its not possible to kill him in the anthologies version.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Leucant: When you fight Kain, he has 65,000 hp. This is not a fight you're supposed to win . He gives 0 gp, 0 xp, and never gives an item.
    Zyrthofar's FF4 Hacking Zone

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    I distincly remembere killing him on the American SNES version, I just kept attacking and healing when neccessary.
    Same here. Of course, the first dozem or so times I got to that point there was no internet so I couldn't cheat.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X

Now I know alot better.
    Same here

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I started to cure him and attack myself on one try. That doesnt work too well...

I took the hint and pressed Defend, nearly died though.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I tried healing him on my first try, I also tried running away, using potions on him, stuff like that...

hmm, I wish I'd read this earlier. I just bought the GBA version and got to this point. First attempt I tried to fight, but it went on for ages. Attack, attack, potion, potion. Repeat until the battery died.

Second attempt: "A true paladin will sheath his sword? Ok, lets try defending and not fighting back" Four minutes later: "Im dead, maybe its one of those battles you have to lo.... game over? Great"

Third attempt: "Ohhhhh, maybe the hint is literal, maybe I can remove my weapon!" Items> Sword of Legend..... "Ok....that didnt...oh, im dead"

Fourth attempt (aka, I need potions.... lots of potions)
    "Right- 99 potions: check. Saved game: check. In the front row : check. Plugged my gba into the mains: check. Patience: check (just as well -.-) 68 potions later and I am the winner! Hurray.

Why couldnt I get the defend strategy to work?
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115