Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Japaneses hate Europeans...

Banned

Default Japaneses hate Europeans...

Why do we Europeans always get dissed by Japaneses?
    For some reason, we're always ignored, especially when it comes to RPG:s, which sucks.
    I've experienced this scenario MULTIPLE times now, and it starts pissing me off.
    Americans at least got to enjoy a handful of those fantastic works from Japan, like Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger; we Europeans didn't even get those titles exported over here, and I'm mostly forced to rely on emulators.

Seriously, the only RPG:s I can remember really coming to Europe are these: Secret of Mana and Breath of Fire 2.
    I'm serious, these are the ONLY ones!
    We didn't even get Super Mario RPG!
    WTF?!

Now it's not THAT bad, we did get the "required" stuff like Super Mario World, Zelda: A Link To the Past
    and Street Fighter, but still...

Ive complained about this for ages, then decided to stick up two fingers to them all and chip my PS2.

Meh sucks to be European I guess.

Blame your peers, not the Japanese.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Japan hates every other country because they feel every other country can't handle their raw excellence...or something.

Sucks to be Europian though

Dont get me started, theres no Pal versions of Xenogears, or Suikoden. Its so sucky. You can get Xenosaga II for Pal, and I've seen Suikoden IV over here, but nothing in the series before that. And thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by amratis
    Dont get me started, theres no Pal versions of Xenogears, or Suikoden. Its so sucky. You can get Xenosaga II for Pal, and I've seen Suikoden IV over here, but nothing in the series before that. And thats just the tip of the iceberg.
    Allow me to introduce the tip of the iceberg; THIS is, like, 5% of what we Europeans never saw:

Final Fantasy 4 (aka 2)
    Final Fantasy 6 (aka 3)
    Chrono Trigger
    Star Ocean 1, 2
    Breath of Fire 1, 3, 4, 5...
    Seiken Densetsu 1, 3, 4, 5...
    Super Mario RPG
    Xenogears

IT SUCKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amratis
    Dont get me started, theres no Pal versions of Xenogears, or Suikoden. Its so sucky. You can get Xenosaga II for Pal, and I've seen Suikoden IV over here, but nothing in the series before that. And thats just the tip of the iceberg. :mad2:
    Actually, All the Suikodens were released in Europe, except the third. The first two are very rare though. The fifth is coming out here, but expect there to be a long long wait.
    Thats another thing, even if we get games, we have to wait for soooooo long to get them. DQVIII has just come out, after around 5 months of waiting. But thats nothing compared to the wait we had for FFVIII, we had to wait nearly a Year after it came out everywhere else. And im not joking on that one.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably the only reason Europeans don't recieve some games is because Europeans use PAL and Japan uses NTSC which is the same thing that U.S. uses as well. So I guess it's easier for them to export games in the same format. That's why they don't bother making some games for PAL. Too much work? *shrug(we need a shrug smilie)*

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Its just something we've got to put up with. Yes, it is unfair, but theres nothing you can do about it unless you decide to move to America or Japan.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Japan releases games that are profitable to them. They're not going to make games that will work for the European system if there isn't enough European market to justify the conversion expense.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I dont know much about European games since obviously I've never had to deal with them, but don't the games have multiple languages encoded? That'd certainly add to the time it takes to import them, along with conversion efforts and all that.

Plus BtV is right as usual.

Also, one more thing. Japanese. No s needed. Please.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not the Japanese that hate Europeans. It's everyone.

Don't complain, at least Europe got a PS2 version of GGX2 #Reload and SNK Vs Capcom.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

The work needed to make a game run on PAL systems is insignificant compared with the time needed to translate the game to english. To make it even easier, they could just leave it running at 60 hz, and only change the signal type to PAL. Most TVs made the last 10 years can run at 60hz anyway. I know they did this with Wind Waker.

Ofcourse, the best thing would be to get rid of regional codings alltogether, and just set the video format on the fly, like PC games have done the last 20 years.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?