Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloud vs. Vincent

Default Cloud vs. Vincent

I have read Vincent is gonna be the main character. If so, they'll completly screw up FF VII DOC because it was set for cloud. Vincent is cooler, but is this really gonna happen?

Yeah. AC was Clouds redemption and DOC is Vincent's.

Where have you been all this time? It's been confirmed ages ago that Vincent is the main character.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

yer its stupid i didnt like vincent after all u COULD have passed 7 without him

His Limit Breaks made him useless in all the Boss Battles too. Its annoying to need a Cure but not get it when he gets uncontrollable.

I fail to see how using Vincent instead of Cloud screws up the game, especially considering the fact that it's a third/first person shooter.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I fail to see how using Vincent instead of Cloud screws up the game
    So do I, but it appears that some people don't think things through very well.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

This game was never set for Cloud. If you don't like it, you could always, you know--not play it.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

DoC was always meant to be about Vincent. It will be delving more into both his backstory, and developing his character. AC was for Cloud.

Vincent has a HUGE following. Him and Sephiroth were the main people two people that have real individual fans. Cloud not so much. It means that the game has an immediate and vehment following in the Vincent fans, so is more likely to sell well. Also Vincent still has a bucket load of mystery around him making it easier to write a story.

Personally I would've prefered a game about Sephiroths rise and fall, but that's just me.
    Oh no, the end has fallen off - Uri De'Jeller

Because with Vincent maybe we can see Sephy as a child! 12 year old Sephy aww... Er *cough*

Anyway, Kitase said Vincent had the most backstory left unsaid and was the most interesting character to explore out of the main cast... An interview of some form is on Gamespot.

uhh, no, DOC takes place 3 yrs after ff 7 i believe(or AV i forget) but anyway judging from the reviews ive seen of people who played the japanese version, its not doing to well with its reviews averageing at about 7.5/10. FF AV wasn't as great as i thought so i dont have high expectations of Vincents story

Quote Originally Posted by PontiusPilate
    uhh, no, DOC takes place 3 yrs after ff 7 i believe(or AV i forget) but anyway judging from the reviews ive seen of people who played the japanese version, its not doing to well with its reviews averageing at about 7.5/10. FF AV wasn't as great as i thought so i dont have high expectations of Vincents story

What the pickel is AV? Also 7.5 isn't a bad score at all, in fact it was pretty much the average score I figured it would get all a long. None of the games in the compilations are meant to be full fledged rpg sequals. They're just spin-offs, and there isn't neccesarily anything wrong with that.

Plus when the cucumber was the game ever "set for cloud" Don't you think it would eb a bit akward/boring/pointless to have a shooter game where the main character doesn't shoot anything?

Quote Originally Posted by PontiusPilate
    But during the tutorial he is in his turk's outfit Flashbacks to kid Sephiroth or I'm gonna be a pissed! And we all know how much Square hates it when I get mad at them... Their caring is immense.

7.5 out of 10 isnt terrible...
    It's not BAD, it's distinctly average, but... well, it's not bad, not by a long shot.
    Unless, average=bad for you, in which case only semi awesome is a dissapointment?