Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [A] Digitally painted SpaceScape.

I see a firework in there. Dunno if that happens in nebulae.

Very cool - what do you use to create these? I'm interested in the underlying form - any algorithms you use for coloring/patterning/etc.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Nice idea, i like nebulas..
    BTW, You seem to rush everytime you are drawing/painting something, personally I think you should take more time to finish your art..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Neel With a Spicy Buffalo Chicken Melt
    I see a firework in there. Dunno if that happens in nebulae.

Very cool - what do you use to create these? I'm interested in the underlying form - any algorithms you use for coloring/patterning/etc.
    xD It could. I used photoshop, there's the one brush that looks like a circular feather and I set the Tablet function to work on size and opacity, then I spaced the brush various percentages, then I did scatter, and I did a base layer of just sparkles of red and blue on a black background, I made a larger mess of red sparkles then I used the 3D render filter and made a sphere, tilted it some, moved it down, then smudged it to death to make it look softer, I added some lens flares, then when I accidently erased part of the sphere at the bottom, I used the burn tool to get some depth between the star in the back and the one close up, I colored over with -blue- with the chalk type Brush at about 50% opacity and then changed the layer setting from normal to saturation... that one and the one with the original red speckles have that, the blue speckles which are -very- hard to see, have soft light applied to them, then I got a normal flat round brush, knocked the opacity down and dodged around the lens flares so make a more painted look and a sort of more realistic type feel to it.

=] Can I have your spicy chicken melt? n n

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    >>> Nice idea, i like nebulas..
    BTW, You seem to rush everytime you are drawing/painting something, personally I think you should take more time to finish your art..
    This is one of the few were I was afraid if I kept working I'd ruin it. x x;;;; I need to stop being impatient and I'm really trying to work on that.

That's amazing how you put all those different features together. However, I find it hard to believe that you specifically visualized making something like this before you started playing around in Photoshop! Maybe it is because I am not a genius, but I would never think to combine those effects in such a manner to produce anything like that.

Does it look like I'm going to give you my sandwich? You'll have to try harder than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neel With a Spicy Buffalo Chicken Melt
    That's amazing how you put all those different features together. However, I find it hard to believe that you specifically visualized making something like this before you started playing around in Photoshop! Maybe it is because I am not a genius, but I would never think to combine those effects in such a manner to produce anything like that.

Does it look like I'm going to give you my sandwich? You'll have to try harder than that.
    Originally the picture started out as being red and blue fireworks, it had no intention on being what it is now.
    I wanted to do a cool graphic design render like I see alot of people doing, but when I made the sphere it ended up what it is now.
    None of my art, even the figure drawings are planned, because for some weird reason, when I plan them then I mess up and get mad and delete it because it's not as perfect as it is in my head. Things like this could go either way, when I realized that it looked spacey, the whole thing was going to be blue.
    And I'll get that chicken melt..
    One day!
    ONE DAY NEEL!
    Just you wait.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

the galaxy makes me drift slowly and relaxingly into space.Ahhhh....

I don't want to draw anime anymore..
    I mean.. I still will but I just have a better time with these, the anime one's I try to try so hard and they stress me out, but these are like painting and they calm me.
    Collide

Aw, but you were good at anime! Anyway, your paintings are cool too.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori
    Aw, but you were good at anime! Anyway, your paintings are cool too.
    I won't stop completely, just right now I'm horribly stressed out and having issues in which I won't name, and these make me alot happier than my anime art does. But thank you.

Makes me feel soo smalll....anyways you are awesome! <33

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

Quote Originally Posted by ff7+ff10 gurl 100
    Makes me feel soo smalll....anyways you are awesome! <33
    Yeah we're just ants in this big world.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness
    I won't stop completely, just right now I'm horribly stressed out and having issues in which I won't name, and these make me alot happier than my anime art does. But thank you.
    Oh okay. Just stuck in a rut?
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori
    Oh okay. Just stuck in a rut?
    Yeah pretty much. Obviously not an art block or anything, Maybe an Anime art block, because I'm starting to end up a perfectionist with the anime art, so that stresses me, moving a pen back an forth on a tablet with out having to have it extremely perfect and keep erasing keeps me in a better mood. Once I unstress I'll do more anime stuffs.
    I do wanna draw my avatar though for a sig.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

Vvvvveeeeerrrrryyyyy soothing.