Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Love is not a Game!!!!

casual mind slip

I've been with my boyfriend since I was 12 years old and I am 18 years old now. In February, that was the first time I have met him and the only time I have met him.

If I am such a loser to the point where I am with this man, then so be it. But I was told once that I am capable of having any man I want (I'm sure not every man) because of my looks and my personality, but instead I choose someone who lives over a 1000 miles away. You can pretty much think what you want about me or anyone else who chooses to date this way, but it won't make my methods any less successful than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Reles
    I've been with my boyfriend since I was 12 years old and I am 18 years old now. In February, that was the first time I have met him and the only time I have met him.

If I am such a loser to the point where I am with this man, then so be it. But I was told once that I am capable of having any man I want (I'm sure not every man) because of my looks and my personality, but instead I choose someone who lives over a 1000 miles away. You can pretty much think what you want about me or anyone else who chooses to date this way, but it won't make my methods any less successful than yours.
    Very well said!

Default I was wrong

Look i said was wrong okay..to tell you the truth i wasent thinking straight when i posted this.

once again i am very sorry for any offense occured...
    There is no reason that it is not possable.

-Peace-

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I believe it is possible to love somebody over the Internet, assuming you know enough about the person. But I believe the relationships don't really blossom until you meet in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    I don't get it.

Are you not real?

Am I not real?

Is there any fundamental difference in who we are because we interact through keyboards, monitors, and phone lines, rather than through face-to-face interaction?

If I stick my head out the window, how I am suddenly in 'the real world'? How is that any more valid than saying something online?

I'm not going to deny, internet relationships are a hard thing to maintain, and most don't work out. That doesn't make them invalid, anymore than the fact that a lot of 'real life' relationships don't work out makes them invalid.

Edit: I was in a long-distance (As in transcontinental) relationship for over two years, and most of those were happy times.

Yeah, I agree with the above quote by MILF. Nikotine, if you don't like these kind of relationships, then don't have one. Society can justify punishing people over murder and rape, but you cannot justify punishing or restricting someone from having any kind of relationship they want with any other consenting, above-age indiviudal.

-LYCHON

I dont approve of it. I know that it CAN work out sometimes, but I just dont approve of it. Im not going to go out of my way to leave my country to meet a person, even for a short trip, I just dont have the time or money, and I wouldnt want the other too either.

That said, im already in a bit of trouble since a few friends of mine on the net seem to be attracted to me..

Nikotine, if you don't like these kind of relationships, then don't have one.
    You need not worry.

Society can justify punishing people over murder and rape, but you cannot justify punishing or restricting someone from having any kind of relationship they want with any other consenting, above-age indiviudal.
    Yes, because I clearly stated that people should be punished for E-dating.

I'm going to judge your behavior, just like you judge mine. If I think what you are doing is stupid I just might take it upon myself to say so. Whether or not you cry like a child about it is your business.

From personal experience, I can say that long distance relationships are rediculous and pointless. Being in one makes you miserable. I hated it. Never again.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Wats the point in internet dating cause you never get to go out or anything its like your sitting on your computer talking to them not knowing there true pesronality. And if you haven't seen them how do you noe there not the same sex as you?? wouldnt that be weird O_o Although there is a chance if you've met them a few times...

Yes im 69th poster!
    :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h204/Rendoz/ComicaziRob81.jpg[/IMG]
    O_O-->Sig removed for being over the 550 pixel width limit. Please read the rules/Pm a staff member if you have any questions.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    From personal experience, I can say that long distance relationships are rediculous and pointless. Being in one makes you miserable. I hated it. Never again.
    So you're saying that when I'm being forced to move away from my girlfriend in about 3 weeks, my relationship will be ridiculous and pointless?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Your 16000 miles apart. Youve never met. You've never seen each other. You dont even know what each other looks like. Hes 18 shes 15. The dude says he loves her. The girl says he loves him.

Dude get a life its chat. Your not going to get married and run away to Tokyo together.

I say get a life. Get a real girl that you know or like around the neighborhood stop breaking a girls heart in another country with false beliefs that it could happen.

THINK REALISTICALLY. Long term relationships with people you dont know in real life dont work.

GET A LIFE YOU SAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
    Yeah u're right we're sad... but u never really thought that in this REAL world are people like me who can't go out with friends and their life is only school!

When me and my ex-girlfriend went to different universities, we were living on different islands. Certain things made it impossible to keep up a relationship. I didn't have any direct access to a phone, so I could hardly ever call her. The realtionship had diminished to almost only ever texting each other. That kind of non contact wasn't enough for me so I broke up.

Point being, that sort of relationship is not for me and I would probarbly never try one, but If other people can do it, and it has been proved possible, then I have no problem with it.
    :mario::luigi:

Blog Entries

Just to summarize:

I don't know why I fail at e-love, maybe it's just technique

there was a picture here

I thought that this thread was gunna be about heart break, but not really! It's harder to have a "true" relationship, because you cant keep tabs on your partners where abouts, like if they cheat they can just deny it! However, i think its quite nice to know that people dont have to meet to fall in love (but that can be countered by someone using a kind of loveable alias and actually being a real idiot or something).

But i think that online dating and stuff is a good way to broaden your horizons, and people can find true love online, it's not impossible

I've tried to do a long distance relationship.
    And it S*cked actually everything we did was ''talk''
    Trust me i rather have a relationship with a girl in the ''hood'':P
    Final Fantasy VIII For ever

Which FF Character Are You?