Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What do you think will happen in the 7th Harry Potter book?

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

I see Draco coming to the good side, or at least the semi-good side. The events in HPB suggest there's more to him than some sniveling little evildoer.
    I pity Malfoy, and I can see him turning on Voldemort. The boy is smarter than he is given credit for.

i think that harry himself might be a horcrux
    Harry is not a Horcrux, Voldemort is many things, but not an idiot, and he wants Harry dead. Kind of a conflict of intrest, that.

maybe harrys wand will be a horcrux seeing how its the brother wand to voldermorts wand!
    That is also unlikely, as per the "Voldemort not an idiot" thing.

I don't expect Voldemort to die at all, but rather be banished or something.
    Oh, God, no. That actually wouldn't be an ending at all. Voldemort has to die, nothing else would be permanent.

Deep down I think Harrys going to die after defeating Voldemort, I dunno I just think JK might take a dramatic dark twist.
    She would do that...

Neville could have an important part in the end of Voldemort.
    That's likely. Neville has been showing some real strength of character as of late.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

in which book was Regalus Black mentioned. i have read all the books like a million times and i am currently re-reading Order of the Phoenix for the third time, but in none of the books do i recall anything mentioned about Regulus Black. i didn't even hear the name until recently being on jk rowlings personal website. i probably have read about him, but i don't remember. but i think that malfoy will never turn on voldemort. and maybe harry and ginny have a son, and another dark wizard( COUGH COUGH ---Malfoy) would kill harry and ginny would stop him from killing their son, and so we would have a repeat of what happened to harry all over again. yeah right. just messing, but that is a really screwed up idea isn't it!!!!!!

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulus_Black

Regulus is mentioned, briefly, in Order of the Pheonix when Sirius is showing Harry the Black family tree.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    I don't think Harry himself could be one of the horcruxes because why then would Voldemort have tried to kill him several times? In doing so, wouldn't he be going against his own desires to be immortal?

I won't dare speculate on what might happen, though I wouldn't be surprised if a certain character or two returns...

Take care all.

that would be really cool if jk brought dumbledore back. and she didn't seem to worried about his death and didn't cry about it before the 6th book came out. so maybe she has plans to bring him back, because if you remember before Order of the Phoenix came out, she went on tv and cryed her eyes out because she killed off a very important charactor ( Sirius Black), but didn't even mention anything to do with any deaths before the Half Blood Prince came out. so maybe the reason that it didn't bother her was because she had plans on bringing dumbledore back to life. i just can't wait until the final book comes out. i would pay every penny i had right now just to get to read what she has already wrote in the final book, even if it was just a few pages.
    and angel heart, you really need to read the books. they are so kick ass. they are way better than lord of the rings!!!

I remember mentioning Regulus at another forum. Theres a link to him, IMO, (RAB) from HBP. Its not been proved yet cause we need the last book, but we shall see.

that would be really cool if jk brought dumbledore back.
    It wont happen. As far as Im aware there isnt any magic that can bring the dead back to life. I think Dumbledore himself says that, not sure. Been awhile since I read the books. And to me, both HP and LOTRs are similar. I see them as both excellent stories by two excellent writers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulus_Black

Regulus is mentioned, briefly, in Order of the Pheonix when Sirius is showing Harry the Black family tree.

oh yeah, i remember now. ok thanx bud.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You're welcome

I doubt she'll be bringing back Dumbledore at all, and I'd rather she not. Much as I loved Dumbledore, I really dont like 'cop out' deaths, where the death is used for emotional purposes and then just undone to make everyone happy again.

I knew they were going to kill Dumbledore off quite a few books back, what with all the mentionings of Dumbledore being the only wizard Voldemort feared, and things like "As long as Dumbledore's here you're safe, Harry." So to facilitate the neccesary death match between Voledmort and Harry, Dumbledore had to be out of the way.

Much as I loved Dumbledore, I really dont like 'cop out' deaths, where the death is used for emotional purposes and then just undone to make everyone happy again.
    Thats where JK has earned so much repsect from me, cause its showing that we may think the magical world is a magical wonderful place, it really isnt. It has life and death just like the real world. The fact that Sirius died really blew me away cause I adored him (dreading the movie) and I was angry, got over it. Then Dumbledore died, another blow for me. But the fact that hes dead and not coming back is good, JKs showing reality in a magical world.

You're welcome

I doubt she'll be bringing back Dumbledore at all, and I'd rather she not. Much as I loved Dumbledore, I really dont like 'cop out' deaths, where the death is used for emotional purposes and then just undone to make everyone happy again.

I knew they were going to kill Dumbledore off quite a few books back, what with all the mentionings of Dumbledore being the only wizard Voldemort feared, and things like "As long as Dumbledore's here you're safe, Harry." So to facilitate the neccesary death match between Voledmort and Harry, Dumbledore had to be out of the way.

you got a good point. i personally don't think that dumbledore would have let harry fight voldemort. i think dumbledore would have fought him instead. but i think harry will kill voldemort but then he will be killed either by malfoy or snape. what do you think?

I think Snape will be taken care of before the final battle and Malfory wont get involved. Hes shown he cant handal matters and its going to be the final battle between Harry and Voldemort, no-one ever gets involved with final battle between 2 people. I think Harry will get seriously injured during the fight, kill Voldemort and die in Ginny or Rons arms.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Like I said before, I dont think either Malfoy nor Snape are the villians they're made out to be.

Malfoy has shown that he really does have a heart, especially being caught between pleasing and saving his parents and killing Dumbledore. He just couldnt do it. And much as he hates Harry, I doubt he'd kill him. As for Snape, I dont think he's on the Dark Lord's side at all. Dumbledore has never been proven wrong in his assesments of people. I'm as sure as I can be that Dumbledore knew about the oath Snape had taken, and he knew Snape was going to kill him and thus save the stain from Draco's soul. Snape is the Order's one connection in the Death Eaters. As much of a jerk as both Draco and Severus can be, I dont think they're evil.

I also dont see Harry dying in this at all, but even if he does, something like being killed by Snape or Malfoy seems anticlimatic and silly to me.

yeah, but also think, malfoy would do anything to satisfy his dad and seeing how Lucius is a death eater, i think malfoy will follow in his footsteps and become a dark lord. i also think that if harry was to live, he should become a proffesor or headmaster of hogwarts. but i think that Proffesor magonagal or however you spell her name should become new headmistress if harry couldn't be head master.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

But Draco has already proven his reluctance to do things that a Dark Lord would do. He was in such a state over what he believed he had to do, and that was something his father wanted him to do more than anything. Draco has a moral core, while Tom Riddle never did, even from a very young age. Draco is more boastful and prideful than evil.

I doubt Harry would become Headmaster, at least not right away. He'll probably become an Auror for quite a while, then perhaps become a Professor at Hogwarts, and then from here perhaps become Headmaster. It doesnt seem like a job young, active Harry would want right away.

But Draco has already proven his reluctance to do things that a Dark Lord would do. He was in such a state over what he believed he had to do, and that was something his father wanted him to do more than anything. Draco has a moral core, while Tom Riddle never did, even from a very young age. Draco is more boastful and prideful than evil.

I doubt Harry would become Headmaster, at least not right away. He'll probably become an Auror for quite a while, then perhaps become a Professor at Hogwarts, and then from here perhaps become Headmaster. It doesnt seem like a job young, active Harry would want right away.

well yeah i know it wouldn't happen right away, but jk said she already had the final chapter written already and it was the epilogue but i think it would be cool to see harry become headmaster some day.

Harry does see Hogwarts as a home, but I dont think he would want to be there all the time when he graduates. I think he would prefer travelling then staying and montioring Hogwarts .. thats if he lives. I think the epilogues going to be the graduation of the students. I hope JK doesnt go off into the future, I think that should be left to those who write fan fictions.