View Poll Results: What do you want to see in the next Soul Calibur game?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • An online competition mode.

5 29.41%
  • Hwang and/or Li-Long back in the story.

0 0%
  • The ability to choose fighting styles from older SC games.

3 17.65%
  • The game is good enough already. Don't really need new things.

0 0%
  • The usual. New characters, stages, and tweaked move-sets.

3 17.65%
  • Other (Specify)

6 35.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you want to see in the next Soul Calibur game?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not too up-to-speed on the SC series, though I've played a demo of SCII and checked out some of the info. Might have to get the more recent games someday, since I'm also a pretty keen Tekken player...

Something I'd love to see in a game is authentic swordplay. I mean, the kind of fighting where timing matters ('timing' in the sword-fighting sense - range, in other words. 'True time' attacks, where you begin your strike, then move into range and land the blow simultaneously). Weapon binding would be good, too. Defense is every bit as important as offence, but most martial arts games have fairly simple 'block' commands to cover everything. It'd be neat to see that change, especially since it'd give more relevance to shields or offhand weapons in games like the Soul Calibur series. It'd be extremely cool to see a game character fighting with the MS I.33 sword and buckler system, or George Silver's single sword style. Viking axe and shield would rule, also. In fact, any detailed and historically accurate combat style would be good to see. Though the technical details would probably be pretty boring for those who don't practise a weapons-based martial art in real life...

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Lots of fanservice with hotter and less clothed girls...
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    >>> Lots of fanservice with hotter and less clothed girls...
    .... >_>

Get off my internet. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    I want to create a character with a mix of moves from each character. Sword moves from all characters should be semi-interchangable as an example. I didn't play Soul Cal. 3, so I don't know if they did that in create a character or if it was basically skin swaping.

It's pretty much taking one of three premade characters and putting on whatever crap you want them to wear. Except the stuff you give them is severely limited. I seen basketball games with better character creation skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Holmes
    It's pretty much taking one of three premade characters and putting on whatever crap you want them to wear. Except the stuff you give them is severely limited. I seen basketball games with better character creation skills.
    There are more than enough disciplines to keep people satisfied, not to mention you can give them the fighting styles of any of the standard characters if you wish. They can't let you sdjust the speed and power of a character, since that would make them terribly unbalanced. The size and shape would cause hit detection problems if they were to be customizable, and bigger characters would be at a disadvantage, as far as gameplay goes. I would have liked to have seen more (and better) voices for them, though.

And they look fine. >_>

Crap, my thread about Final Fantasy VI characters in SC III is gone.
    Last edited by Roto13; 04-21-2006 at 06:02 PM.

I more detailed character creation, and maybe custom weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    I'm not too up-to-speed on the SC series, though I've played a demo of SCII and checked out some of the info. Might have to get the more recent games someday, since I'm also a pretty keen Tekken player...

Something I'd love to see in a game is authentic swordplay. I mean, the kind of fighting where timing matters ('timing' in the sword-fighting sense - range, in other words. 'True time' attacks, where you begin your strike, then move into range and land the blow simultaneously). Weapon binding would be good, too. Defense is every bit as important as offence, but most martial arts games have fairly simple 'block' commands to cover everything. It'd be neat to see that change, especially since it'd give more relevance to shields or offhand weapons in games like the Soul Calibur series. It'd be extremely cool to see a game character fighting with the MS I.33 sword and buckler system, or George Silver's single sword style. Viking axe and shield would rule, also. In fact, any detailed and historically accurate combat style would be good to see. Though the technical details would probably be pretty boring for those who don't practise a weapons-based martial art in real life...
    I like that Idea actually. Soul Caliber probably has the closest thing to that in any fighter I've seen though, but its still not close to that. They have quite a few moves to get around blocking, especially with voldo. With Him you can do all sorts of disorienting movements to move around the blocks.

I voted for other. It should have the usual modes such as Arcade, Story, Some sort of quest mode etc but this time it should have a create a fighter mode in which the detail is at an extreme level for example, you could put a bandana on and choose the colour, colour shading, size, thickness etc. Aswell as that, it should have a good quest mode, not the one from SCIII where every character has the same story near enough with a small twists, it should have a story mode which really reveals your selected character's in depth story behind him/her. The last thing could be an online mode(although I dont like online games but it'll be interesting to try) and it should also have a create a stage mode, create a weapon mode, create a move mode, that would be so cool if you could create your own attack, kinda like the way you create a trick in the Tony Hawks games but Soul Calibur style. If none of that happens, I hope greatly that Namco will add some really amazing features this time around but keep in mind SCIV will probably be on the PS3, Revolution and Xbox 360 so the graphics alone will be beatiful to look at alone.

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

I don't want to see anything that would drastically change the gameplay. Soul Calibur does that right already. New weapons and characters are one thing, but to change the basic gameplay too much would make it a whole new series. Soul Calibur III is much faster than the other games, and the guard impacts have changed a bit, but the basics are the same.