Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why did he start hating video games, all of a sudden?

Banned

Default Why did he start hating video games, all of a sudden?

Alright, I've got a little brother, and he was always as interested in games as I am.
    We used to play Perfect Dark and Super Smash Bros at night, and he was always eager for the next evening.
    However, about two years ago, when he turned 15, he started sounding more and more like a typical parent: he started whining about games being "bad", and he sounded incredibly proud every time he stated that he "hadn't touched a video game for months", bla-bla-bla.
    Now he's driving me insane, as well: he keeps on criticizing me every time I play a game ("video games... ha... ridiculous..."), and he's decided NOT to have any positive opinions about a video game at all.
    A while ago I asked him, politely, how he liked the world map music from Final Fantasy 4 (the Celtic version!): "hey, bro, this is from FF4, how do you like it? ", and he mumbled some stuff like "well, it's nothing you listen to in daily life, and that's not really any serious music, because it's from a video game; but I guess it's alright, or something".

What the hell has gotten to him?
    I mean, not very long ago he practically worshipped games, and now he's ashamed of them?
    Is it some desperate attempt to seem like a grown-up, or what?
    Last edited by Peter_20; 04-18-2006 at 07:57 PM.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

People change.

I bet he's possessed by Jack Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    Kill Him.

I don't know, I went through a point where games weren't as much fun for me either

THE jackel

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

He has a retarded view that games are for kids and not for adults. Tell him to go out and smurf a slut get a VD

Blog Entries

He has been posessed by Jack Thompson! REPENT! REPENT!

Jokes aside, I think it's just the people he has been around lately. As people see new people, they become the people they see.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou
    He has been posessed by Jack Thompson! REPENT! REPENT!

Jokes aside, I think it's just the people he has been around lately. As people see new people, they become the people they see.
    Well, I think it's pretty queer to start despising games, seeing as he loved them before.

I think his friends have convinced him that "video games are for immature kids", and he's kinda been brainwashed. :rolleyes2

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_18
    I think his friends have convinced him that "video games are for immature kids", and he's kinda been brainwashed. :rolleyes2
    Then he does not have a strong sense of self and is desperate to 'fit in'.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That's wierd. Most of my friends are real mature or complete sports-aholics, and many of them HATE video games. But whenever I bring it up, they don't really bother me about it. A good crack about something you like is always good for a laugh.

It's either that he's been brainwashed by people less mature than him, or it's that ALL of his friends like video games more than him, and he is trying to get out of a situation he thought he might have been good in. Inferiority complex, perhaps?

Or, he's is a typical teenager, and he's trying to find ways to NOT conform to what people think of him, or simply to do things for the sake of being different.

WHAT!!! THATS F****N' CRAZY HOW COULD HE!!! BURN HIM AT STEAK!!!WTF!!!

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_18
    Well, I think it's pretty queer to start despising games, seeing as he loved them before.

Not only could that statement be further from the truth, he also seems to either want to fit what his friends tell him, or he has low self-esteem.

more than likely he thinks he is too good for video games now that he is the BIG 15. He proably has a freind or two at school who don't like video games and he is just following the leader becuase he is weak.

People don't change that much. Its one thing to stop playing them, its another to think they are evil and bad all together. Someone or something is influenceing him, it will pass as soon as his influence is gone.

You are the Older brother right. Just kick his ass even time he says something or rolles his eyes, he'll get the piture soon enough.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 50KB filesize limit. Please refer to the Signature Service thread in the Help Forum for the rules regarding signatures.

~Void

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Show him some H-games and see what he thinks then
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP