Thread: EoFF RPG: Take #382

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    And well done on pre-empting the Sick Irony whines. Sick Irony was alright, but unless you're an extremely old oldbie, (there's about 4 of them left) you won't get most of the humour.
    QFT, nice that you shot those down already.

Looking pretty sweet, man. I hope you manage to get everything completed. :D

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I will try it right now (has rmxp enterbrain edition )

We get alot of these, Its a shame not many come to fruit, Ive had like, a million urges to start a chain game of my own.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Okay, well, I managed to get Eyes on Each Other finished today. I just finished playing it through, and for me it worked fine. I've updated the link in my initial post, so the game file link will download the current version. I believe that, if you have a Save file from the v2.0, you can simply copy and paste is to the folder for v2.1 and it should work, but I'm not positive.

Additions to v2.1
    Actual dungeon, centered around the EoEo forum
    A few new Skills
    Six new pieces of equipment
    Five new enemies
    Two new bosses
    A few more cameos
    A little more to the actual storyline

Just as a reminder, ANY ideas for cameos, in-jokes, items/weapons/armor/skills, etc. is welcome. I won't guarantee that I will use it, but I would definetly like more ideas from other people, so it feels more like EoFF as a whole, not like EoFF form my point of view only. Other then that, enjoy, as the next update will probably be a while coming, what with school and AP testing coming up. Plus, I want it to be good, and it'll be my first attempt at creating a town, along with another dungeon, so it may take me a while to get it right.

Finally, I can see a problem arising in the future. My current hosting site (Yahoo Groups) allows a maximum of 20 MB of files on there, and I'm already pushing 5 MB. If you know of any other file hosting sites with a greater amount storage space, yet still free, I would appreciate it if you PM me a link. Thanks.

*prays the file still works and doesn't act all stupid and crap*
    Last edited by Rase; 04-20-2006 at 10:21 PM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Blog Entries

I am loving it

there was a picture here

I don't know if you implemented this yet or something or not but(SPOILER)you should have a graveyard level where you have to fight EotW, Feedback, Baloki, or Linus or something as a boss...something like that.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Smile

OK, just finished playing. Thanks for helping me to get it working. Very interesting I must say!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth.
    I don't know if you implemented this yet or something or not but you should have a graveyard level where you have to fight EotW, Feedback, Baloki, or Linus or something as a boss...something like that.
    No need for spoilers if it's just a suggestion for something in future versions, only if it's about something in the current one.
    Good ideas, I'll be sure to consider them.

Quote Originally Posted by oddler
    OK, just finished playing. Thanks for helping me to get it working. Very interesting I must say!
    No problem, thanks for taking the time to play it.
    Last edited by Rase; 04-22-2006 at 05:56 PM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

The link to the new version isn't working. It's the same problem as last time.
    lol signature

Okay, it should be fixed.

I don't know why, but Yahoo seems to keep changing my files address thing. Hopefully this problem will be solved soon, as Azar has agreed to let me host this on his server for a while.
    Last edited by Rase; 04-22-2006 at 12:50 AM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It isn't fixed, though. I'll just wait for good ol' Azar to upload it.

Anyway, you inspired me to dig up the old BAoTW game I was making on RPG2k. It's actually pretty terrible in places, but it's also pretty sublime in places, too. So thanks. You were an NPC in it, Rase!

Okay, you know what, stupid Yahoo Groups thing, I'll make you work one way or another...

Here is a link to the page that has my files, rather than a link idrectly to it. Just click the EoFF v2.1 file and it should work.

EDIT: I updated the first post. Thanks to Azar for allowing me to host from his site.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Anyway, you inspired me to dig up the old BAoTW game I was making on RPG2k. It's actually pretty terrible in places, but it's also pretty sublime in places, too. So thanks. You were an NPC in it, Rase!
    Cool, thank you.
    Last edited by Rase; 04-22-2006 at 03:36 AM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Pfft, I prefer rm2k3 to 2k or xp I have like, a zillion old projects on there.

Anyway heres my - dum dum dum... review!:
    Music Score:
    Not much really new here, Mostly rtp, Used well though but unfortunatly its pretty generic from other RTP XP games.
    4/10

Battles:
    Generic, no real scripts. Points for imginative attacks though and using some well used none rtp enemies.
    4/10

Graphics:
    Again mostly RTP, although finding consistant maps for XP is hard, granted. Map usage seems to be rather basic, with little detail.
    2/10

Side Quests/Games:
    Not to many here really
    0/10

Storyline:
    Not done as far as Ive seen, so its fairly original. Last game I saw with this setting with Endless Thread and that was still a very diffrent story from whats used here, extra 2 points for creativity.
    However, It did have a bit of X syndrone, Alot of it was reevaled to early, and it was abit flat.
    4/10

Characters:
    Seeing how there mostly based on real people makes this hard to rank really, so I'll give it a 7/10.

Overall: 21/60
    Good concepts, needs some work though.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Well, I appreciate the review. The graphics, music, and battles, yeah, I think I mentioned this earlier, or at least implied it, but I don't plan on making anything from scratch for this. I may run around the net and get some midi's or monster sprites, but I've seen slim pickings in the other areas (maps, battle backgrounds, etc.), so I'd rather stay with the consistent yet generic RTP ones. Mainly, the game is really EoFF first, RPG second, so it's not going to be a super flashy amazing game. It's appeal will (hopefully) just come from the references to EoFF and the internet in general. As a stand alone RPG, I think I might score it less than you did, since if you had no clue about EoFF you wouldn't get things like [spoilers] battling Sasquatch and The Redneck in EoEo[/spoilers] or [spoilers] Mirel being sad that they haven't found Del Murder yet.[/spoilers] But yeah, thanks for giving it a go. Hopefully the storyline and EoFF service will be able to make up for the lack of originality when it's finished, we'll have to see.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.