Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF RPG: Take #382

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

LAWL! I'm the shopkeeper. Kinda cool!

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rase
    Mainly, the game is really EoFF first, RPG second, so it's not going to be a super flashy amazing game. It's appeal will (hopefully) just come from the references to EoFF and the internet in general.
    Okay, based on that, and having played 2.1, I'm going to suggest a couple of things.

- Knock the random encounter rate down.
    - Decrease the difficulty of enemies and bosses.

The encounter rate is higher than in FF, and what's everyone's least favourite part of FF? Random freakin' encounters. Ouch ouch ouch.

I was so close to dying against Sasquatch (you died, Rase!) after fighting him for so long, and one of my remaining characters, kikimm, was useless (attacks did 0, no more SP, no more items) and I think I pretty much defeated him based on luck. When I replay this whenever v2.2 comes out, I will probably lose to him. Also, random encounters were generally harder and took more rounds to kill than FF random encounters, in my view.

So as you say, its appeal will come from EoFF references, and not the extremely hard boss fights. If they wanted a challenge, they'd probably go and play FF itself. However, if you desperately want to make a game that takes some real time and effort to beat, maybe make a hard mode, and an easy mode for schmucks like me who just want to see the EoFF references. If you can only make one difficulty though (as I imagine it'd take twice the amount of work) then I recommend just having an easy mode. But hey, that's my opinion, and it's your game.

Your absolutely right Psychotic. Actually, I was about to ask about the difficulty when I released v2.2, but now I know to tone it down before then. Hopefully it will be more manageable in the next version.

Oh, and sorry for dying on you. In v2.2 I've thrown in a spell and potion for reviving your allies. Not sure why I didn't think about that earlier...

EDIT: Just got done going through everything and toning it down. The next version will be easier in the following areas:
    All enemies stats have been lowered by as little as one-sixth and as much as one-half.
    Item and equipment costs are lowered.
    Encounter rate lowered significantly.
    Weapons recieved a boost in strength.
    Able to buy Pump Up Potions (Life Potions) from Giga Guess in Cid's Headquarters

Last edited by Rase; 04-23-2006 at 08:30 AM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

For the record, when Giga Points turned out to be the currency, I lawled.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I liked that, it twas way cool. Seems like all greatness breaks out when I'm away. Strange considering the circumstances...

Anyways, can I get a cameo or something in it? I think you know what I'd prefer to be, but heck a single line'd do. Though it'd be a shame to let my *acting talents go to waste

*Warning: Actual acting may not be performed by Maxx Power
    There is no signature here. Move along.

How about the Capt'n(Maxx), ELS and me, maybe a few other PRMs appear together?
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Number
    How about the Capt'n(Maxx), ELS and me, maybe a few other PRMs appear together?
    My thoughts exactly.

There is the problem that Capt'n, ELS, me and a few other PRMs appear together
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

I'm sure I can find a way to work the Pirate Red Mages in here somehow, or at least the more prominent ones.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I'm sure I can find a way to work the Pirate Red Mages in here somehow, or at least the more prominent ones.
    I stayed awake to read that response. I can sleep soundly tonight. G'night all.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I can sleep peacefully at night knowing this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think that it's great. I love the eoff references an such. Even stuff like flame and warn. It all adds to the games atmosphere.

Now all you need is me in it and it'll roxor. *nodnod*

Stay Essential
    EE

Why do I think that IM not gonna be in this...

I think ill take the opportunity to restart my EoFF Neverwinter Nights project. No one much here will be able to play it though.
    Last edited by Lost Number; 04-24-2006 at 01:56 PM.

I'll play it when I get the chance. I think many people shouldn't use RPG Maker as it has many compatibility and resolution issues, but I'll give it a go when I can!

This is a very cool thing you're doing Rase...and I like it...can't wait 'till it's all done.