Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF RPG: Take #382

Quote Originally Posted by starseeker
    There isn't a windowskins folder.
    I would say try using the steps I included in post #1 and seeing if that works, even if that means re-downloading everything. I'm not sure what you mean by "monkeyed around with the installation so it would be in My Documents", but apparently the way I listed allows most, if not all people to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar
    What about mking it a bonus dungeon?
    That was one of the options I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Mapping is one thing I'm actually capable of doing. Maybe I'll send you my EoFF maps someday, they're made using chipsets made out of bits and pieces from dozens of other chipsets and works quite nicely. Either that or I could zip up all the chipsets, charsets etc. I have and just send the lot to you.
    I don't think you could send me the premade maps, though any chip/charsets are also welcome. It's nice to have a lot of options when making something.

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Guess
    OH MY GOD, THANK YOU! (Don't suppose you have a butterfly one too...I got one but it was sized wrong...
    No problem,
    Let me see if I can resize it your butterfly one. PM me with a link to it or attach it to a post here.

Quote Originally Posted by eternal essence
    I started practising with my rpg maker again and have gotten quite reasonable at spriting. If you wanted to have some custom sets made up or even add bits and pieces to sets you're already using. Let me know via Pm. I've got the rpg maker so i have access to all the sprites already. I also messed around with menu's, sound and all that stuff so if there's any stuff like that you want help with give me a yell.

It really is a good game.

Stay Essential
    EE
    Sure, thanks. Any help with stuff I suck at is appreciated.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I'm now following your advice.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Rase
    Now, as for you and Yuffie the Dragon Ninja, I'll certainly include you, but I need some clarification as to what you mean by "double act". Do you mean something like, when the player talks to one of you, you both respond to him/her, sometimes finishing each others sentence, or am I way off here?
    We were thinking, like Zorn&Thorn type talking, but the finishing each others sentences thing sounds cool.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Part of the problem is the white background, as RPGM assumes black to be transparent, not white.

Back to the topic though, are you planning on just one Giga Guess travelling and vending? Cuz I was thinking something more along the lines of Giga Guess being more of a title than a name, with several Giga Guesses around, and one "Supreme" vendor (Omega Guess, an alternate handle I use) masterminding it. Maybe even make a playable character out of him. Just as a thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Part of the problem is the white background, as RPGM assumes black to be transparent, not white.
    Which program are you using again? RPG Maker 2k3 or RPG Maker XP?

Back to the topic though, are you planning on just one Giga Guess travelling and vending? Cuz I was thinking something more along the lines of Giga Guess being more of a title than a name, with several Giga Guesses around, and one "Supreme" vendor (Omega Guess, an alternate handle I use) masterminding it. Maybe even make a playable character out of him. Just as a thought.
    I'll keep that in mind.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Rase,have you figured out where I'm gonna be, what I'm gonna look like, and what I'm gonna say, yet? Just wondering, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo.For.Real
    Rase,have you figured out where I'm gonna be, what I'm gonna look like, and what I'm gonna say, yet? Just wondering, thanks.
    I'll answer this via PM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Which program are you using again? RPG Maker 2k3 or RPG Maker XP?

I'll keep that in mind.

I'm using XP. And as such, the petal animations are too small too...

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

This is just a suggestion but, I think tenhitcombo would be a cool bad guy in the VI forum since he caused such a massive fight (or two.
    "Reality is that which,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

I'm using XP. And as such, the petal animations are too small too...
    I'm working on making the petal work for XP. I'll attach it to this post when I'm done.
    EDIT: Attached. You can only have ten different images for the animation, so I chose the ones I felt you could use the most. Also, for future reference, the ideal size of an animation set is 960 x 384.

This is just a suggestion but, I think tenhitcombo would be a cool bad guy in the VI forum since he caused such a massive fight (or two.
    Good to know. I don't really venture into the FF forums on a regular basis, so I never would have known that.

Also, a question to all who've played it: Do you care if I show the party blowing up the forums? I'm keeping the two times I've shown it already, but I figured it get repetative after a while and thought of just implying it via sound effects and such. Thoughts?

Finally, I'm almost finished with the next "episode", so to speak. It's really the same as the other updates, in the sense that there is a "new" town (Lounge, but with new people/items to buy), a new dungeon, new party member, new enemies, new cameos, etc. I am introducing a new thing or two though, you know, spice things up a bit, keep you on your toes. Unless something goes horribly wrong, or some people I have doing things for me don't have them done by then, it should be up by the end of this weekend, as I'll need to play through and make sure it all works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rase; 06-21-2006 at 09:38 PM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)
    Also, a question to all who've played it: Do you care if I show the party blowing up the forums? I'm keeping the two times I've shown it already, but I figured it get repetative after a while and thought of just implying it via sound effects and such. Thoughts?

Finally, I'm almost finished with the next "episode", so to speak. It's really the same as the other updates, in the sense that there is a "new" town (Lounge, but with new people/items to buy), a new dungeon, new party member, new enemies, new cameos, etc. I am introducing a new thing or two though, you know, spice things up a bit, keep you on your toes. Unless something goes horribly wrong, or some people I have doing things for me don't have them done by then, it should be up by the end of this weekend, as I'll need to play through and make sure it all works.
    I think it might be a good idea to keep the sequences where the forums get destroyed. Maybe during one of those events something crazy happens like a boss attacks while the forum is exploding or you have to escape the forum before a time limit runs out. But that's just me; don't think about it too seriously. I can't wait to play the new episode BTW. Keep it rolling.

You could change the colour or the sound of the forums exploding. Also I was wondering, if you get the new update, is your previous save file still valid?
    If you're interested: This is what tenhitcombo is like and this as well
    "Reality is that which,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Also I was wondering, if you get the new update, is your previous save file still valid?
    Normally, you can simply Copy and Paste the Save file from one version to another. I probably should have mentioned that earlier. However, I do know that you will need to start a New Game for the next version. Do to some changes I had to make, any older Save files will not work. But trust me, in the long run, it'll be worth it. There were some random glitches that were pretty strange.
    Last edited by Rase; 06-25-2006 at 07:53 AM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I'll be needing another post merging here, but I don't care because Haha, the new episode done!

Okay, first, a funny story...
    Well, while I was surfing the Web, trying to find good MP3's and midi's for this game a while back, I stumbled across one I really liked. Problem was, it wasn't made to be looped, and I couldn't figure out how to get it to loop from a certain point, rather than the beginning. So, I just decided to make it repeat itself a lot of times from said point via Copy and Pasting in my MP3 editing program, making it an hour long. Now it sounded fine, but I was just looking at it and I saw that it was 60 Mbs in size. In other words, I had effectively made this game file unessecarily huge. I've taken it out (it wasn't THAT good) and knocked the whole thing down to somewhere around 8 Mbs.

Anyway, you can download the latest version here. Again, I haven't had a chance to give it a full test run (so much for summer being the "relaxing" season), so if you encounter any bugs that prevent further gameplay, let me know and I'll fix them and get a new version up ASAP.

New things (this is becoming a pattern):
    New playable character and class
    New dungeon
    "New" town (The Lounge, but with different cameos )
    Six new enemies
    Six mini-bosses
    Two bosses
    Few more skills
    Another Hidden Skill, this time for Mr. Noob
    Of course, new references/cameos
    More plot details unfold, as usual

Remember, you will need to start this as a New Game, but (hopefully) from now on you will be able to transfer you save file from episode to episode (via Copy and Pasting) Oh yeah, and that's what I'm refering to these as now: episodes. As in episodic games. I stole the term form an article I read on the game SiN.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to play this. Comments/questions/critcism/ideas/etc. are, as always, most welcome. Also, I'll be trying to get a full walkthrough up, for those who want it (as in, it'll tell you how the two current Hidden Skills, and give help if, for some reason, you need it).

I hope you enjoy it and have fun.

*prays for no bugs*
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I'm downloading it right now.