Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Become A Celebrity On EoFF?

I didn't say it mattered. You seem to think I'm sitting at home going "THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT". It was just a idea. The fact you're getting stressed enough about it to get angry about it reveals that it matters (in one wahy or another) to YOU.

There must be many more relevant questions to gain a better understanding of us and humans in general than how people gain "celebrity" status on a final fantasy message board.
    True. Although most members keep them for the EoEo board. I was using the example I posed to illustrate how (effectively) EoFF is a essentially a arena of action and reaction. This is how scientists see the world. I've just changed the boundaries.

Of the many things that could be discussed in a place such as this where however many people gather to share their opinions, this is probably one of the most inane things I can think of.
    By admitting that you CAN think of it does raise the point "Obviously its crossed your mind..." The other point is that people others were discussing it fine until you decided to get all high and mighty on the subject. You are aware that by asking "inane" questions like this, we've managed to develop as one of the primary species on this planet?

Why does it matter if someone is a "celebrity" on a place like EoFF in the first place?
    It was a question. It raised a discussion. It matters as far as that. Lots of things in this world don't matter. The result in the football, the dog barking outside... It is our opinions and reactions to these that MAKE them matter.You liking of the team that lost at football makes the result matter. You're opinion that dogs are bad makes the barking matter. You're agressive reaction towards this thread makes it matter.

I've not looked it up recently, but for me the word "celebrity" sound be defined as a person who's actions merit celebration. How many people who're classifed as celebrities in this day and age really deserve that? Not a lot, for me.
    I personally feel we should celebrate our fellow man more. Maybe this thread will reveal why we are celebrating their actions? A question to you, why has no one given you reason to celebrate? Your point also raises a issue, is a member like crashNUMBERS a celebrity? And if so, does he deserve it? kyono thinks not so.

How about you?

Importantly, Just because the subject matter doesn't appeal to you, does that mean it is wrong? Most people would pass over such a title and ignore it. But you feel the need to attack it... That alone reveals a lot about you. You do realise that by doing this you've illustrated what BoB was talking about CrashNUMBERS in practise...

Do you want to be a celebrity on EoFF Kyono? Because you're going the right way about it.

Tip: Relax. This thread will go away one day, be forgotten and you're life will carry on it's merry way.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Just skimmed through the thread... Don't worry about it Jack, you're a celebrity in my eyes.
    How about the site staff do some sort of member "Fame Ranking"? A list of the top rated 200 or so members?
    Members rank being determined by the number of votes they get per day/week, and members vote for one an other (no voting for yourselves) by clicking on a link in the other members profile. Vote for whatever reason you like and vote for as many people a day as you like, but only once for each person.
    This would certanly be a way of determining who's hot and who's not.
    You never know jack, you might even be in the top 100.
    Round Two. Maybe.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Don't we have the Ciddies for that?

EDIT: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost....postcount=1799

There you go, a list, and a mighty fine one too, if only for the fact that it has yours truly at #1.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Jack: You can't offer an idea, receive criticism, and then blame the criticism for it not being important. You brought it up in the first place. It's not important - this is just an exercise of beliefs. You asked the question, some people said "it doesn't matter." So either argue or don't - but don't try and blame other people for it. It takes two to argue, so you arguing back proves you care just as much as anyone else.

Now, on-topic: I never understood why people want fame in the first place. I don't desire fame at all and wouldn't do a single thing differently to achieve it. I disagree with everything BoB said. No, you shouldn't PM people - if you don't naturally do that in the first place. No, you shouldn't post often - if you don't do that already. You shouldn't do anything simply to become more well known. You should do everything exactly as you want to and if a lot of people come to know you, great, and if not, that's just as good. If you're even remotely active around the forums, you'll find people with similar views who you can talk to.

I'm well known by the people I give a damn about around here, and that's all I care about.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    I didn't say it mattered. You seem to think I'm sitting at home going "THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT". It was just a idea. The fact you're getting stressed enough about it to get angry about it reveals that it matters (in one wahy or another) to YOU.
    Yeah, that was an assumption based on your "this cheered me up" and "this didn't" when you pointed out that you're not one even though you've been here for three years. Just like you're assuming that i'm stressed out by this, when all I am is amused. :D

True. Although most members keep them for the EoEo board. I was using the example I posed to illustrate how (effectively) EoFF is a essentially a arena of action and reaction. This is how scientists see the world. I've just changed the boundaries.
    Fair enough.

By admitting that you CAN think of it does raise the point "Obviously its crossed your mind..." The other point is that people others were discussing it fine until you decided to get all high and mighty on the subject. You are aware that by asking "inane" questions like this, we've managed to develop as one of the primary species on this planet?
    Of course I can think of it, it's sitting here staring me in the face, and m y natural reaction was to think about it and others like it. If it wasn't here, I wouldn't have considered that people would be concerned over such a thing. We may well have developed into one of the primary species on the planet through questions such as this, and the planets far worse of because of it.

It was a question. It raised a discussion. It matters as far as that. Lots of things in this world don't matter. The result in the football, the dog barking outside... It is our opinions and reactions to these that MAKE them matter.You liking of the team that lost at football makes the result matter. You're opinion that dogs are bad makes the barking matter. You're agressive reaction towards this thread makes it matter.
    I don't know why you assume i'm being aggressive. Is a negative response automatically aggressive or something? Or maybe because I used a cuss word? You're reading too far into my dialect. The thread was a question, I asked a question too. Results in football are of far greater meaning than how one becomes a celebrity on an internet forum.

I personally feel we should celebrate our fellow man more. Maybe this thread will reveal why we are celebrating their actions? A question to you, why has no one given you reason to celebrate? Your point also raises a issue, is a member like crashNUMBERS a celebrity? And if so, does he deserve it? kyono thinks not so.
    I feel we should celebrate our fellow man more as well. But I think people who are considered "celebrities" should be doing something worth celebration.

Importantly, Just because the subject matter doesn't appeal to you, does that mean it is wrong? Most people would pass over such a title and ignore it. But you feel the need to attack it... That alone reveals a lot about you. You do realise that by doing this you've illustrated what BoB was talking about CrashNUMBERS in practise...
    Again, I wasn't attacking anything. I was curious as to why something such as this matters to anyone.

Edit: I pretty much agree with everything Raistlins said, too. I'd rather be myself and be a nobody than change who I am to be somebody.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Irony for Dan (Kyono).

God, they're just asking a question. They aren't saying you have to be a celebrity or anything. Just asking how people do it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Again, i'm not worked up. I'm amused and curious.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Become fake and self-obsessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    Become fake and self-obsessed.
    Well, I'm already self-obsessed, so if I become fake and act like I'm not sef obsessed will I be famous?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What's the point to being a celebrity on EoFF? It's not like there are paparrazis around and rumors going on about the latest celebrity news about certain members.

But then again... hmmmm *thinks*

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Do exactly the opposite of what I do... noone seems to like me

But I think the rule of thumb is anyone with color other than white in their user title,and an extra line of text is usually a "celebrity". Of course, there are some exceptions to that rule both ways, but it usually is true.
    Last edited by I Took the Red Pill; 04-23-2006 at 05:14 AM.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto
    What's the point to being a celebrity on EoFF? It's not like there are paparrazis around and rumors going on about the latest celebrity news about certain members.
    Not that you know of.

add a tonberry to your sig???

ShadowNINku
    Est. 2002

Blog Entries

WHAT THEY HAVEN'T BEEN BOTHERING YOU!? Good lord! they won't leave me alone

We do, however, have a tabloid. I will be releasing it shortly with Juicy Gossip on Leeza. She makes front page of Volume one. Also covers the topic, "How Emo is Dan?" and "Is RSL's beard real or is it borrowed from a goat?"
    good stuff that is.