Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing 3rd Disk? (Spoilers)

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Vertisce
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertisce
    What makes you think im new?
    What does that have to do with the topic? Thats just simply going offtopic to continue a pointless debate, you joined in '05, thats considered new, atleast to me. Please just drop this now, I won't be replying anymore if the reply has to do with our personal disagreement.
    Yeah that just shows how ignorant and immature you are. Especially since your the one who made the comment in the first place.

Anyway...ive noticed that there are quite a few things that you cannot do in the game untill you are on the 3rd disk. Probably due to the amount of room they DIDNT have on the 2nd disk. Really it doesnt matter. The game is the way it is because thats they way they made it. Isnt there also a lot more video content on the final disk then there is on the first and second?
    You realize calling someone ignorant is against the rules, especially since I did nothing to you other then state a fact, which has already been proven AND agreed with? You can't possibly call someone ignorant and immature in the same sentence, when you yourself don't have the maturity to claim such an "insult". Once again, i'll repeat myself for your sake - these types of threads have been made countless times, its just like the "reviving aeris". I stated a fact, that if you level to max, get all the best stuff, the storyline boss will indeed be easy.

You randomly attacked me with an insult that made no sense what-so-ever:
    I hate it when people get all worked up over a discussion and complain about someones opinion and call a persons opinion "complaining" just to make themselves feel better.
    First off, I wasn't getting worked up, or complaining for that matter - I was, once again, stating a fact, a proven fact, and one with quite enough common sense that you and everyone else should be able to figure out on your own without having to debate on such a pathetic topic, especially when someone has already said "Khaotic is correct". Now, I ask myself once again, why are you continuing to try and prove yourself superior to what I said? The argument is over, and you're simply insulting me as a wholesome, not anything relating to the game itself, which in itself is immature, so please don't go calling me immature for simply stating a fact, which I have every right to do on a public forum.

Also as the above poster said, he/she didn't have omnislash and any of that other stuff and the boss was pretty difficult, I agree 100%. Sephiroth is by far a pretty decent challenge if you don't go out of your way.
    Last edited by Khaotic; 04-30-2006 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda
    As I write this, I have just finished FFVII.. well, a few hours ago.. but yes.

I'm not sure if I really agree or not... that is, I expected another twist or something to be revealed before the final battle.. but nothing really happened. I don't think I was outright upset about it.. but now that you mention how much better it could've been (a quest for Holy, another twist, etc), I do feel slightly disappointed.

I was around level 70 when I fought SafterSephy.. and I thought he was a challenge, although I won on my first try - Thank you, Megaelixars and X-Potions! I didn't have KotR or Omnislash or any of this uber stuff you people keep mentioning. I assume you have to go out of your way to get that stuff, so obviously Square made the boss difficult based on the assumption that you didn't do all that extra shizzle. This is certainly true if you have to beat one of those uber hard optional bosses to gain either of those things. So if you're willing to spend the extra time, of course the boss will be easier.

I guess I liked the ending. I didn't have a huge amount of trouble understanding it... although I did skip off to Game FAQs and read the plot analysis when I was done. I was annoyed to learn that there were three secret scenes which fill in the game's bvackstory. Vincent's was the only one I got during the game (it's understandably secret - he's an optional character). The others probably should've been explained as part of the main story, though.. I missed them and they fill in some things I really didn't get.

On the whole it was very good, though. Since I played FFX and X-2 before it, I had forgotten how good having the ol world map was.. as well as other "old schooly" elements. Yeah.. been a while since I played FFVI, too :P
    You know I never thought of it that way. Perhaps your right and the game was edged towards the player that didnt go and DO everything. But...now that you have beaten it I bet you wanna go get all that other cool stuff you havent done yet right?

Also...I have yet to find a "rules" thread. Even did a search...can anybody point me in the right direction here? PM me if you would. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Vertisce; 04-30-2006 at 02:45 AM.

Articles

Smile

You know I never thought of it that way. Perhaps your right and the game was edged towards the player that didnt go and DO everything. But...now that you have beaten it I bet you wanna go get all that other cool stuff you havent done yet right?[/QUOTE]
    Hehe... I have a feeling I will play it again sometime in the future... and then I will go and do things I didn't do before. Like getting the other secret scenes.

Right now, though, FFVI has my soul. I'd forgotten what pure genius that game is And then next is FFIV, a game I have never played. Hopefully I can get both done before Anime North^^ But it isn't too likely.
    ~Kalinda~
    My Journal
    andontie.NET

Meet the Tonberry - The TRUE Face of EVAAL!

Favourite FFs: 1.FFVI 2.FFVII 3.FFX 4.FFIX 5.FFX-2 6.FFVIII
    Haven't played the others yet, working on it :P

My first disappointment was I expected another twist. It felt to me a little too simple. My characters were not very stong at all even though I had KOTR. Doing only the chocobo quest does not strengthen your stats much. So I replayed the final boss without using KOTR with:
    Cait Sith level 46
    Cloud level 44
    Cid level 45

I did not have Omnislash either, but I had stong magic like flare and ultima. I still won easily. Bassically, Im saying Sephiroth is easy whatever even if you are not really strong.

In games like FF9, even if your really strong you can still easily lose to the final boss.

You know what? Its not about how much content is on each disk. Its about the game as a whole. Who cares how much crap they were able to stuff into each disk?

I really don't see the point in this complaint. Would the game have been any better if Square had somehow managed to shove the third disc's content into the second?
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel411
    I really don't see the point in this complaint. Would the game have been any better if Square had somehow managed to shove the third disc's content into the second?
    I think the original point was more along the lines that they should have put MORE content in the third disk.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel411
    No. But it would have been better if they had added another twist in the plot or a stronger final boss. But I still loved the game. Id give it 96/100.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner
    So I summoned KOTR and he died.
    Exactly....Try NOT doing that- It makes it more interesting and less....cowardly. I did the same thing and I felt like a pussy. It's better to fight him and have the glory for yourself, not the knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner
    I like hard final bosses, not just hard extra bosses.

Normally I'd agree but I had to kill them because think about the STORY - If you don't stop them, who cares if you stop Sephiroth, The weapons will just destroy everyone. So be a hero and stop them then Sephiroth...That's if you really get into it like me though. I just couldn't not kill them. It had to be done, took me a week to beat Emerald.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud_doll
    the ending sucked too, but its still the best game!
    That's why it's wonderful Advent Children brings a comfortable rest to all.

Most of the Final Boss is not the hardest, well I point out some of the boss that are more insane than the final boss:

FFVII: Ruby Weapon (700000HP), Emerald Weapon (1000000HP)
    FFVIII: Omega Weapon (850000HP)
    FFIX: Ozma (64355HP, if I'm correct)
    FFX: Nemesis (9999999HP), Penance (12000000HP)

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

One more thing, Hard boss to me was the end fight of FF8 - That was like...a 40-60 min battle.

Ultimecia is cake if you go in with the 100 megalixers (you can refine them from Bahamut's card). Otherwise the challenge is praying she doesn't blow out the magic you have junctioned to your strength. Then its just hit, heal, hit, heal, hit, heal, hit, heal, hit.......and then she dies.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

We're getting way off topic here but I didn't play the card game in FF8 - lol I know I missed out on A LOT from that- I never got Squall's ultimate weapon or got to see Lionheart limit break- But I'll get that stuff next time I play through. Shell was my friend for the ultimacia battle.