Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing 3rd Disk? (Spoilers)

Default Disappointing 3rd Disk? (Spoilers)

I have just finsished FF7. While playing I loved disks 1 and 2, and I expected there to be a long dramatic search for holy in the final disk with an awesome final battle and possibly another plot twist.

So when very soon after starting it I came across safer Sephiroth, I had no idea that he would be the final boss. I thought I would fight a more 'dangerous' one later. One which had more than two powerful moves. (Supernova and fallen angel) So I summoned KOTR and he died. And to my shock horror I then saw Cloud destroy him forever, and the game end.

This disk prevented FFVII from being my favourite FF puting it down to 3rd.

Who else was dissapointed by the easy final battle and the shortness of the 3rd disk?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryûkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I'd think that the events at the end of Disc 2, particularly Shin-Ra being toppled, would tip you off that the game was getting towards its climax.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

for some reason FF7 is wierd because every disc gets progressively shorter and easier lol whilst the other FF's keep it at more of a constant....

I know what you mean but it is still my fav.

The only thing i didn't like about the 3rd disk was the fact that al you had to do was go down NC fight Jenova and Sephiroth 3 times and then ya done I mean they could of but a bit more in, so i mead it longer by going around looking for things i could use to fight Sephiroth but still not very long for my liking

Quote Originally Posted by Maiyo_Yoem
    The only thing i didn't like about the 3rd disk was the fact that al you had to do was go down NC fight Jenova and Sephiroth 3 times and then ya done I mean they could of but a bit more in, so i mead it longer by going around looking for things i could use to fight Sephiroth but still not very long for my liking
    Do the sidequest.

Almost all Final Fantasy Final Boss is set not to be the strongest, examples in FFVII, Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon is stronger than Safer Sephiroth.

I am not dissapointed by FFVII final boss and disc 3 is just like disc 4 in FFIX which is short. The game make it short because they input large sidequest in it, like searching Ultimate Weapon, Mastering Materias, Breed Chocobos, Defeat Weapons and many more.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

^^But I found FF9's boss significantly harder.

It does not pass Ozma and Hades attack, I don't found Trance Kuja and Necron. Ozma is harder than them because he's strong.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

I found Hades easier than Necron. I like hard final bosses, not just hard extra bosses.

i think the only reason they used a 3rd disk was cos they ran outa space on the second one

so if 7 is ur 3rd fav, wer do all the others come in?

this is mine:
    1. ffx <--these
    2. ff8 <--constantly
    3. ff7 <--change
    4. ff1
    5. ffx-2
    6. ff9
    7. ff4
    8. ff5
    9. ff6
    10. ff2

ive never played the others (3 n 11)

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

If you want dissapointments over CD changes, go play Xenogears. You'll lose faith in humanity when you play through Disc 2, denounce God, claim life is pointless and probably eat your feet.

Also if you want the same affect go play either Farhenheit/Indigo Prophecy or Star Ocean 3. They offer late-game dissapointment without even having to change the disc!
    There is no signature here. Move along.

The Game was still my Fav it was the first ff game I played and I was hooked after yes he was easy to beat but meh I still loved every min of playing it
    [leeza]Height limit is 250 pixels. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

yeah, i see what you mean. i took such a long time finding all the crap to beat sephiroth when i hardly even used half of it. it took me about 20 min. the ending sucked too, but its still the best game!

Quote Originally Posted by Masamunemaster
    I know what you mean but it is still my fav.
    can't argure with that.
    I eat a lot when I got the munchies. A lot... maybe too much... hmm...

http://www.eyetricks.com/scary_optical_illusion2.htm
    click it....

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i know disk 3 wasnt that good but final disks dont tend to have much important and interesting stuff. mainly just a final location and a boss. most people say safer sephiroth is easy but thats only because they have KoTR and omnislash. when i fought him for the first time without either of those, i was around level 79 (i got stuck for a long time finding the key of the ancients on disk 2 so i just hyperlevelled and did a ton of othe stuff.) and he was far from easy. his massive arsenal of status magic heavy damage and supernova to weaken all of my characters to near death made him hard. i beat him first try but i was so close to dying. if you dont have all of the stuff that makes the game easy he is tricky.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*