Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Fantasy VII-IX on Handhelds

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    Trauma Center, Jump Superstars, Pheonix Wright, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrows, Kirby Canvas Curse, Polarium, Super Princess Peach, The Rub Rabbits, Sonic Rush, Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble, Lunar Dragon Song, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time, Nanostray, Meteos, Lost In Blue, Advance Wars DS...
    Just thought I'd add a fav
    Adding another fave...
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Think about this. If a DS cart is 4.5 gigs, that's the equivalent of 6 CDs. However, that's a fallacy. DS cards only store 1GB. This is just under 1.5 CDs. Basically you'd need two DS cards for FFVII alone. Now, while you might assume this gives the PSP the edge with its ub4rl337 0pt1c4l dr1v3 p0w4rz, it's not much of an edge. The UMD format is only capable of storing 1.8GB, which is roughly 2.5 CDs, meaning you'd still need 2 UMDs for a game like FFVII.

Long story short, don't hold your breath for the PS games to be released on portable format. I'm sure it'll happen, just not soon. Possibly not until the next generation of handhelds.
    First, the FF7 CDs aren't completely filled up, second, you'd only need one version of the game data, and third, the PSP can decode much more powerful video codecs than the PS1, meaning they can nearly halve the video files. Take FF8PC as an example, that game features twice the resolution on movies, while still fitting them on as many discs as the PS1
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I can't really reply to that until I know what you mean by "one version of the game data"

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Version was a silly thing to call it. You know, when you have 3 discs, you need to put the game data, such as the executables, the textures, battle and field models, plus all of the backdrops (and a few movies, like the elevators in Junon) on every disc. With one UMD, only one set of those is needed.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?