Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official FFVII: Crisis Core Thread!

Default Official FFVII: Crisis Core Thread!

Platform : PSP
    Release: Late 2006 USA - Yet To Be Announced in Europe - Yet To Be Announced
    Genre: Single Player, Action RPG Game!
    Developer: Square
    Publisher: Square
    Confirmed Characters: Cloud(Low Shin-Ra Guard), Zack(High 1st Class Solider) , Sephiroth and Aerith
    Director: Hajime Tahata
    Producer: Yoshinori Kitase
    Character Designer: Tetsuya Nomura
    Music: Takeharu Ishimoto
    ]

There is circulation that this game revolves around the animated version of cloud's past-FFVII: Last Order! I will confirm the information to EOFF, as soon as the Producers release information.

The game's tagline is, "A story of three young men and one young woman bound for destiny's core."

There iss some information on the official site but unless you know Japanese, it will hard to read the text.

CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- is the fourth entry in the critically acclaimed COMPILATION of FINAL FANTASY VII, which spans multiple platforms and delves into the intricate world players first experienced in FFVII.

CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- for the PSP™ is an action-RPG revolving around the story of Zack, who had already passed on to the Lifestream in FFVII. The mysteries left behind from FFVII will finally be revealed in this exciting chapter.

CONFIRMED CHARACTERS:

Zack :

(The Scene Where He Dies)
    A man who would one day become one of Shin-Ra's strongest 1st Class Soldiers, Zack is from the town of Gongaga. He works hard under his mentor Angeal to raise his position in the army, and is known for being laid back, and a bit of a flirt, extremely kind, loyal, and having superior skills in combat. Despite this, he despises killing, and strives to protect people above all else, and despises those with no regard for life.
    Aerith :

The last of the Cetra, Aerith has been pursued by ShinRa's Science Department, and watched by the Turks for some time. She has a relationship with Zack that is mentioned in his final letter to his parents, and she makes a promise to him before he leaves on his final mission.
    Angeal :

A respected member of Solider, and mentor to Zack, as well as the owner of the Buster Sword. It is likely that most of the training that Zack receives as well as the techniques he learns are passed down from him.
    Cloud :

An MP within the Shin-Ra military, Cloud was unable to make it into Soldier, but became close friends with Zack, and looked up to him and Sephiroth. He accompanies both of them to the fated incident at Nibelheim.
    Genesis :

An enigmatic man, connected to the Deepground Soldier, and who's origin lies in an experiment pre-dating (and possibly a prototype for) Sephiroth's. By the time of Final Fantasy VII, all evidence of him has been destroyed and covered up with the exception of 3 brief records.
    Sephiroth :

Shin-Ra's Ultimate Soldier, and a General in the army. He is known as a war hero and highly respected, though he is somewhat of an elitist. Upon uncovering the twisted experiments surrounding his origin, he loses his sanity and disappears at Nibelheim.
    Tseng :

A member (and later the head) of the Turks. Tseng was in charge of cleaning up the Nibelheim incident, as well as rescuing and later hunting down Zack and Cloud.

More eXclusive Pictures Are Available Here [Gallery]: Click Here

Some Artconcept Pictures:

eXclusive INTERVIEW FROM PSP MAGAZINE IN JAPAN!

Dengeki Playstation Interview
    Date: 02 Jun 2006
    Posted by: X-SOLDIER
    Hajime Tabata - FFAgitoXIII and BC's Director
    Tetsuya Nomura - FFVersusXIII, AC and KH Series' Director
    Motomu Toriyama - FFXIII's Director

==========

The slogan used for this game is, “A Story of 3 Young Men and a Young Girl”, the girl is Aerith, one of the young men is Zack, then who could the other two be?

Nomura: Right now, it’s still a secret. Though for people who’ve seen the trailer, they probably would’ve guessed it, but still, it’s classified at the moment and I can’t say it.
    ==========

Those people who are on the illustration will be the main focus, are they?

Nomura: That’s how it seems.
    ==========

Are the characters going to have voices?

Nomura: There will be voices in the game.
    ==========

The genre is said to be an ARPG (Action Role-Playing Game), what is it actually [and how does it feel]?

Tabata: The theme [idea] of battle is “a SOLDIER’s battle”. By using the main character Zack, the players are going to experience the action battle abilities of being a SOLDIER.

Nomura: Something unexpected is that, we’ve never had any main character as a SOLDIER until now. In FFVII, [Cloud] is said to be a SOLDIER, but after all, he really wasn’t, he just self proclaimed as one *laughs*. Since it’s the first time we use a SOLDIER as the main character, I think it will let the players understand what it is like to be a SOLDIER.

Toriyama: Something like, “The wage is low” *laughs*.

Nomura: That’s because he hasn’t become a 1st yet *laughs*.
    ==========

It seems to have all the traditional action elements in it.

Tabata: Though there are action elements in it, with the wide range of FFVII fans [we have], it is going to be a system [game] that everyone can play [regardless of the genre they are used to].

Nomura: The entrance of this game is really broad, players from different ages will be able to enjoy it. Since it’s on PSP, if we have scenes with a lot of intensive fighting, it will cause the screen to be harder to see. Because of that, we didn’t request any difficult action.

Tabata: The game isn’t hard, it’s fun, but in order to really engage [dive] in the battle, SOLDIER’s knowledge and a certain ability must be taken account in the system.

Nomura: For example, although the Limit Break in FFVII can be seen in the game, in reality, you can’t really attach a person with a limit gauge. That same principle is going to be seen and applied for SOLDIER’s ability in CC.
    ==========
    Last edited by nirojan; 06-25-2006 at 08:23 PM.

Thx for the info.
    but the trailer is jus all cartoon clips from the last order. Can you confirm that this is a game?

It is a game. It is planned for the PSP. It will revolve around Zack. The outfit Aerith wears in KH2 is her outfit for this game.

Ohh it is. well its just that the trailer was all in cartoon format. thats all. thx.

This is the reason why I got a PSP.

ceen yo!

I got a PSP hoping that a FFVII game was on its way!

I want advent children to be a gme STILL, but im happy atleast this is coming out!

hey nirojan where did you get this info from?? You should have given sources like you did with your FFVII: DC thread!

There is an official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistix Man
    There is an official website.
    i know i already said that up above!! mabey its hard to see, but trailer and official wenbsite are hyperlinked!

I herad that ign or gamespot or one of those review sites had more project details! You should go check it out and add it to the first post!

They dont. No one does.

They dont. No one does.
    well they probably have more than what I posted up here and yes,
    there is one company that has the info : SQUARE ENIX!
    ill go check those sites!

The site last I checked had no info except for the system it was coming out on.

The site last I checked had no info except for the system it was coming out on.
    Yep hes right! theres no more info on the games, except press confrences with SE!

I heard that SE will reveal more info about this game in the upcoming e3!