Thread: a favorite battle story of yours.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Default a favorite battle story of yours.

mine will probably change as I am still a lowbie.

but I had a really interesting battle in a party a few days ago.

we started out in the "orc place with giant orc things everywhere" (as one of the members stated it... (Ghelsba Outpost)), and as we entered, I accidently strolled way to close to a mob of 7 Orcs (consisting all the same, mindless melee ones... fodders if you have not caught on yet).
    since all but one of us were new (he was a BLM Taru <3), he rushed over and instantly began the mage spammy, without a warrior out in front to try and tank, the white mage was bludging off in his afk state.
    and I was punching whatever monster the warrior was fighting (this was a terrible strategy, but hey, we were getting smackdowned by the group of Orc).

the BLM began spamming messages like "you suck Mhenlo" "you suck Palific" "hil plz whm", oooh, and he got so sidetracked with us barring his *demands*, that we had no extra damage/debuffs coming from him.
    then once we had taken down about 3 of them (with the BLM now dead from our *carelesness* :P), my hp now down really low and not getting TP very fast, it seemed kinda dumb to wanna lose at this point.

then the BLM decided to leave the party from lack of aid and co-operation (I dont even think he knew that the white mage wasnt at a raising level). when who should come to help us, the WHM (said he forgot to say he would be back in 5 mins, having a smoke), he then begins healing me (the warrior was fine, I was suprised he was still living..., macro ftw maybe?).

then once I am all healed up I decide to run back into the frey, the WHM casts Aquaviel on himself, then he began psycho buffing/healing/de-buffing just as spammishly as our BLM buddy was... (spells like Protectra, Dia, Cure, occassionally casting slow on the last three that were left)

twas no sweat, then we added eachother to our friendlist and continued partying till about 5 hours later (time flys by >_< so fast when playing this) .

it made me learn to appreciate the usefulness of a good defence rather then a brash offence.

I wanna hear a more interesting story from you people now.

edit: the morale of the story is, witnessing the pissed state of an experienced player is entertainment, oh and that WHMs are amazing.

the warrior guy taught me and the WHM alot about macros (the basics) and how much faster they are then manually scrolling through menus.

so yeah, I am slowly becoming more experienced as a player.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Sounds like a debaucle not an intersting battle lol.
    I've had many battles that were fun enough and interesting enough for me to hold memories of them. One of the most recent was the ChainsofPromathia mission 6-4 Ultima/Omega fight that I finally won on. We were Nin Thf Rng Whm Rdm Blm, and of course busted through the mammets lika butta. Omega went routinely until the Ninja got blasted by some tp spammage @18%, since we wanted to conserve the one ccbpolymer we had, we let ourselves wipe, me being the last to die as usual, which is actually a bad thing bc it just wasted time. So we wiped, RR'd and waited for weakness to wear, then went at it again @Omega15% and got it down to about 9% and the blm pretty much finished it off w/ Burst. Next came Ultima who's a prick w/ the petrify, paralyze, and silence spammage, but we did well. Got it down to 15% and the whm used got hate from curing bc the ninja got petrified so the whm died, but got stona off in time, and ninja voked Ultima off the blm who took hate next. With no white mage the ninja died soon. Right before his death the Rdm Chainspelled to try to cure the ninja, but for whatever reason his cure macros weren't working, so he started nuking. Now this time we didn't have time to wipe and RR bc there was only about 4 minutes left in the bc, so the Rng did Sidewinder>Barrage>EES>Sidewinder and of course took hate off of the dying blm w/ about 100hp left. Rng goes down quickly and Ultima's at 9% so I SADE and thankfully took hate somehow and kited it off the mages, all the time the rdm was still chainspell nuking and taking off Ultima's hp little by little. @maybe 7-8% the blm casts Flare or Burst which knocks Ultima down to 1-2%. That of course takes hate off of me and Ultima goes after the blm who quickly dies. So now all that's left is me and the rdm, whose chainspell wears off. All of that took 30 seconds from the white mage and ninjas' deaths to Ultima at 1% w/ only me and the rdm alive. I've got TP now, but SA's not ready so the only thing i can do is TADE on the rdm, which I do which does like 400ish damage. I thought of course the rdm was going to die instantly but his stoneskin lasted just long enough for him to get off one last spell which killed Ultima. It was very exciting to finally finish this bc, and it happened so fast it was so thrilling.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I don't have a best fight, but it makes me feel good when I give my life for the party or save aggro'd newbies (or anyone who is struggling), even though sometimes they don't word their appreciation.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

FFXIV Character

oooh I forgot about this thread.

I cast Banish II on a Smithy that was sitting around in one of the holes in Yhutunga Jungle once. That's the day I learnt Smithys knew how to fly. :[

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond
    I cast Banish II on a Smithy that was sitting around in one of the holes in Yhutunga Jungle once. That's the day I learnt Smithys knew how to fly. :[

Haha reminds me of back when I started... I was still soloing my subless BLM at around level 12 (orz). I was in La Thiene and thought surely since I could only go one way up and down those escarpments that the same would be true for a Goblin. So I found a T Goblin on much lower land than me and though he'd be easy pickin's... I found out otherwise.

Honestly these days battles just aren't that epic any more. Everyone knows their role and does it very efficiently in my groups. Today we had a nice surprise. Faust was up and our only PLD left at sky farming DC'd while we fought Mother Globe. We had 2 NINs and wanted to go take Faust. I just pinned 2xMarch on the NIN (while ocassionally getting the crap Typhoon'd out of me) and he amazingly kept his shadows up pretty well while getting pummeled with Typhoons. It was a great battle to be a part of.

However, probably the most epic battle I've ever been in in this game was one my wife recently reminded me of. I'd had sky for a while and a friend of mine wanted it. We helped him out with ZM4 and ZM5 and it was time for ZM6... we'd been going all day. We get everything ready and while some people are getting CSs our PLD falls asleep. There was obviously no point in trying without a tank so I said we should call it a night. Well you'd have to no my friend... he had other plans.

He insisted that we try it with him tanking (62SAM/WAR). Our PT setup was pretty good but very DD light. 66RDM, 62 BRD, 62 BLM, 62 SAM, 51 WHM. I forget the details now but I remember that things were very interesting and everyone played to the very very very edge of their ability with all 2hrs used and many deaths with raises in the BC... people doing their jobs weakened and us winning with only 1 person left alive. My wife... reraised in the end ... Manafonted and blasted that last mofo ant.

A friend of mine had a similar situation with ZM17... on the second form everyone had died... he RR'd used Third Eye, Meikyo Shisui and tore *SPOILER* a new one. He got lucky and you-know-who missed him after his third eye was down so he could close Light and finish the BC for everyone.

FFXIV Character

well. I was Raising my RDM level.

I was in... I dont quite remember then name of the mines.... (started with a P, in south Gustaburg)

I was in a party.

I go up to kill a team of about 3 Hare type monsters.... there dead.

AND ABOUT 20 MORE COME FLOODING IN! from the cave door next to us.

Quote "OMG da hares homeboys are here"

it was quick, but, lawl.

Orz this reminds me of something I did with my wife. We were both duoing BLU and were around level 11 trying to learn Headbutt. Well as we're playing around downstairs she decided to cast something on a Pit Hare through one of those little holes. I dunno what makes her decide to do things like that.

Anyway... we should've relogged hate right then but we didn't. We decided to go take some more Quadav and continue trying to learn headbutt. We got a few Quadav links and then HOLY SH!T there were Pit Hares flooding into the room. Probably 10+ in addition to about 3 Quadavs on us. This is befroe BLU has Sheep Song or any kinda sleep. Perhaps this speaks to the overpoweredness of BLU but we managed to survive the encounter and slowly whittled down the onslaught of Hares and Quadav. Not really epic but it was hella funny.

FFXIV Character

I reckon eh.