Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 12 main character look like a girl?

Default final fantasy 12 main character look like a girl?

I have no problem with Japanese art.. I mean I used to watch a lot of anime like Slayers.. Tenchi.. DBZ.. Golden Boy.. Ranma, and I playmy fair share of Japanese games. But geeze.

FF7 we had Cloud.. the ladies liked him but at that time I wouldn't have called him a pretty boy.(Although after they released the FF7 DVD..)

Then FF8 had Squall.. he was a little bit of a pretty boy but he was still kinda cool, and he looked like a man.

Then FF9 with Zidane, not my favorite but had no problems with him..

Then FFX with Tidus, he was a pretty boy all the way, but he atleast dressed ok.

The guy in this game.. he has way too much fruit in his basket. For crying out loud, somebody put a shirt on him too. I never shuddered from looking at a cast of characters from any game until I saw this one. Did they base the main character off of Maculy Culkan to the 10th fruit power or something?cause he looks like a girl

They should rename the series to Fairy Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by tenhitcombo
    I have no problem with Japanese art.. I mean I used to watch a lot of anime like Slayers.. Tenchi.. DBZ.. Golden Boy.. Ranma, and I playmy fair share of Japanese games. But geeze.

FF7 we had Cloud.. the ladies liked him but at that time I wouldn't have called him a pretty boy.(Although after they released the FF7 DVD..)

Then FF8 had Squall.. he was a little bit of a pretty boy but he was still kinda cool, and he looked like a man.

Then FF9 with Zidane, not my favorite but had no problems with him..

Then FFX with Tidus, he was a pretty boy all the way, but he atleast dressed ok.

The guy in this game.. he has way too much fruit in his basket. For crying out loud, somebody put a shirt on him too. I never shuddered from looking at a cast of characters from any game until I saw this one. Did they base the main character off of Maculy Culkan to the 10th fruit power or something?cause he looks like a girl

They should rename the series to Fairy Fantasy.
    :chuckle: my thoughts exactly! I can't stand that guy! bleeeeeh!

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

Well,the country he lives in has a hot climate.So it's natural that he wears less clothes(altough it IS weird that he weras metal).Anyways,FF main characters usually have baby-faces,or so my friends tell me.IMO,Vaan is the most baby-faced main character of them ALL!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You think the guys look like girls in this game, you haven't seen Magna Carta
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

pretty boys=gay

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Does it really matter if the main character looks effeminate? Is that going to bring down the gameplay at all? Or the story line?

I think the answer is no.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Not only is Vaan a baby face, his Japanese voice also sounds like a 13 years old. Something that pisses Japanese players off.

There has been a steady increase in effeminate main characters. It's worrying.

And yes, this can effect my enjoyment of a game. I like to connect with the characters whose lives I'm being drawn into / involved with. Effeminate / whining / loud main characters put me off greatly.

Vaan does not look like a girl, I've played it in Japanese and see it with my eyes, if he is, everyone will think Penelo is a lesbian. I would like to think Vayne as one.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Excellent. I was hoping that actually playing it would make him look better than the screens I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon
    Does it really matter if the main character looks effeminate? Is that going to bring down the gameplay at all? Or the story line?

I think the answer is no.
    My point exactly

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

im so sorry if im changing the subject, but do you think that the princess looks like yuna with blonde hair? i sure do!

Originally Posted by tenhitcombo
    FF7 we had Cloud.. the ladies liked him but at that time I wouldn't have called him a pretty boy.(Although after they released the FF7 DVD....)
    Oh, come on! Cloud is as pretty as the rest of them; he always has been. The only reason that he didn't appear so in the original game is because the graphics were too primitive to successfully render a pretty boy (or a "pretty" anything, for that matter) - so he ended up looking as crappy and blocky as the rest of the characters. But I think the fact that he made a convincing enough woman in drag to be chosen over Tifa and Aerith by Don Corneo tells us all we need to know about just how pretty he is/was.

It amazes me that people persist with the "Cloud is a manly badass" stuff, despite the fact that he is frequently put in deeply emasculating situations throughout the game - and often to humorous effect. It almost becomes a running joke. Admittedly, I have not finished the game yet; I am currently playing through it for the first time and have just reached the second disc. But, on the first disc alone, Cloud cross-dresses, takes part in a gay orgy/gang-rape, is christened "bubby" by a harem of gay men, and is shown to have been embarrassingly obsessed with Sephiroth in his youth (actually, infatuated might be a more accurate word; it was clearly a boyhood crush, IMO).

I think that Cloud is the only Final Fantasy protagonist whose sexuality is genuinely questionable. I don't think we'll get to see Vaan willingly jumping into a hot tub with ten gay bodybuilders (unfortunately). Nor do I think he'll have the option to "date" Basch (as Cloud did with Barret).

Originally Posted by mage003
    I'm so sorry if I'm changing the subject, but do you think that the princess looks like Yuna with blonde hair? I sure do!
    Ashe? No - nothing at all. Her original design: http://www.ffxii.net/image.php?view=images/art/art5.jpg might have done, but she has undergone a complete facial reconstruction: http://www.ffxii.net/image.php?view=.../art/art45.jpg since then. Now the only thing they have in common is a similar hair length. Ashe has a very different body shape to Yuna; she is very pear-shaped. Her face is much harder and angrier than Yuna's, and quite European-looking, too. Specifically, she was designed to look French (and she does). She is also almost always scowling, as opposed to Yuna's more passive expressions. And, of course, they have completely different colouring and outfits. And that's not even going into their antipodal personalities....

Compare these attachments:

1. Ashe in FMV graphics.
    2. Yuna in FMV graphics.

And you can see Ashe (the anti-Yuna) in action in this recent must-see trailer for the game, found on this page: http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrank...eviewid=681883 Fourth down from the top, picture of Fran next to it, says "trailer". A recommended download.

I feel that comparisons between Yuna and Ashe are lazy.

As for the Vaan thing: ho-hum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scooby; 04-28-2006 at 01:31 PM.

Vaan looks like a girl no doubt but this Final Fantasy land of Bishounens. I mean with Tidus and Squall they both looked rather effeminate with Tidus being a lot more effeminate. And then if you look at Amanos art for the early games you will all see they are Bishounens. I mean why complain now. Especially DeathKnight who's favorite charachter is Tidus. I was once told good advice:
    Dont throw stones in glass houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby
    It amazes me that people persist with the "Cloud is a manly badass" stuff, despite the fact that he is frequently put in deeply emasculating situations throughout the game - and often to humorous effect. It almost becomes a running joke. Admittedly, I have not finished the game yet; I am currently playing through it for the first time and have just reached the second disc. But, on the first disc alone, Cloud cross-dresses, takes part in a gay orgy/gang-rape, is christened "bubby" by a harem of gay men, and is shown to have been embarrassingly obsessed with Sephiroth in his youth (in fact, infatuated might be a more accurate word; it was clearly a boyhood crush, IMO).

I think that Cloud is the only Final Fantasy protagonist whose sexuality is genuinely questionable. I don't think we'll get to see Vaan willingly jumping into a hot tub with ten gay bodybuilders (unfortunately). Nor do I think he'll have the option to "date" Basch (as Cloud did with Barret).
    The wholeSephiroth crush thing is hero worship. I would say getting raped doest constitute homosexuality. A date with Barret maybe but during the date it appears Cloud doesnt know he is on a date with Barret until the attempted kiss. And while it can be argued Cloud is a bishy I would look like a woman if I were dressed in drag and I look veery rugged.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, there's alot of bishounens (pretty boys) in Japanese animes/games/etc. It's really nothing too new. And it really won't effect gameplay or story at all, so...yeah. I really don't think any of the FF male protaganists look like women at all, nor are homosexual.