0 0%
  • other

19 19.00%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: GOD who is yours ????

Allah. Or Jesus.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm agnostic and I believe in god. Just not your god, or any other religions god. There's definately something there but you just haven't got it right. So therefore, you can be a devout agnostic.

EDIT: oops, he said athiest. My bad....well my post is there incase you start picking on agnostics.

Stay Essential
    EE

Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster
    Yeah, it's pretty insightful. But only lawyers and old people care about semantics.
    Pfft. Semantics are VERY important.
    lol signature

Quote Originally Posted by eternal essence
    I'm agnostic and I believe in god. Just not your god, or any other religions god. There's definately something there but you just haven't got it right. So therefore, you can be a devout agnostic.
    I too am agnostic, though I do go to church on VERY rare occassions. I was at a Youth Rally this last weekend actually...I'm Christian. Straight up..not lutheran, or baptist...Christian.
    BUUUUUUT, I wish I could be Hindu. :mog:
    Last edited by DeShanai; 04-28-2006 at 02:51 AM.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Agnostic... Christian?

*head explodes*

Agnostic deist... that at least sounds somewhat plausible.

I normally go to church to appease my parental units and family. Seeing as how I was adopted into this family, and it is this family that happens to be the Elders of this branch of churches...I don't get much choice.. However I find myself not believing in a "GOD" from time to time. Hence, the agnosticism.

i personally have buddhist ideals. i was an athiest for a little while, then moved on to agnostic, but im slowly moving towards an end of the spectrum. dunno though. time will tell :P

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My God created all your guys' gods.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I'm a blasphemer.

Although I rarely like to get into religious topics and such I find this one to be quite interesting.

I must say I come from a souhtern baptist church. I believe in the almighty and have grown up in the church and still attend to this day.

Now for the fun part. Just a little food for though. A what if.
    I have two other thoughts of my own that I have shared with other belivers and they have seen where I come from so I hope that someone else in here might do the same. 1: What if all the different religions where the same only with differnt people/names. Ok this may sound odd but remember this is a what if. With the 3 main religions in the world *not including atheist or evolutionist* there is Islam/muslim Buddhism, and Christianity/Roman Chatholic. Which are also by the way the 3 oldest. All 3 refer to 1 and only 1 god. all 3 refer to a happy place in an after life. All 3 say the other is wrong and if you don't follow their way you will burn. What if all 3 were the same damn thing just ajusted for different cultures when Roman beliefs were spread throughout the known world around about 240-100 b.c. Rember christ was around bere 0a.d. the christian beliefs could have been altered to spread the word of god and make it believable to the many differnent cultures the Roman Empire encompassed. just something to think about.

2: here is something else to think about for everyone else. Ok lets say for all the non belivers and atheist that there is no god. Nope we all live die and buy huggies diapers. oh and pay taxes. So we get burried the end your right no after life. So what right? You had your life I had mine the end. Now on second though, what if I am right. There really is a god and you go on believing there is no holy order and when you die you go to hell when I die I eternally watch you burn. wouldnt it just be easier to say hey I believe to be safe rather than be sorry? Cause no matter what your right. We still die.

OH and as for the imperfect thing. God did make a perferct world in 7 days and then Adam asked god for a mate Eve was created with parts of Adam ya de yah. Eve was tempted by a serpent to taste the forbbiden fruit and she did and also tempted adam wich awakened thier consicness bringing sin into the world. This action is also called origianl sin. So hince forth and so on adam and eve were booted out of the garden of eden and made the world as we know it today as imperfect.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Judaism and Hinduism are arguably the oldest religions. Christianity and Islam have roots in Judaism, like wise with Buddhism from Hinduism. Also I believe the Roman Empire only adopted Christianity as its religion in the early 4th century CE. Also I am sure Buddhism is not similar to the Abrahamic relgions where you are exclusively a member of their faith. For example in Japan there are many practioners of both Zen Buddhism and Shinto. Ancient China there were mixture of religions again, Buddhism being one of them. Also originally Buddhism does not believe in a Heigher Being. Their Ultimate Reality as it were is Nirvana. When asked if he was a god Buddha said he wasn't.

Another note is that the Muslim Empire was larger than the Roman.
    Last edited by The Summoner of Leviathan; 04-28-2006 at 06:12 AM.

Blog Entries

You are god.

dodhungry: Your first point is used as a: Support for the Babel story and b: the very basis for inclusivism, or inclusivist theology - meaning that all religions are of one genesis. The Pentach keep these religions in check as well. Anyways, a huge branch off happens when people get into which of Abraham's son's recieved his blessings. This is logically covered to be Isaac, which breeds Judism. Other religons say that Abrahams other son, Ishamael, received the blessing, as he was rightfully due. Its a debate that leads to the first split.

Your second point is a very logical question, but atheists are strong minded folk.To go to heaven, you are measured by your light, and accepted through Jesus. This is how it is said. It is not as cut and dry as beleive in Jesus or burn. This is beleived from a cliche verse being taken out of context. Therefore, I would beleive that a Christian has a more to live up to in a sence, and that a person is genuinely judged by thier righttousness. This is not such a rouge beleif.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

With the 3 main religions in the world *not including atheist or evolutionist*
    Do you listen to Kent Hovind? Just curious.

there is Islam/muslim Buddhism, and Christianity/Roman Chatholic. Which are also by the way the 3 oldest. All 3 refer to 1 and only 1 god. all 3 refer to a happy place in an after life.
    But pagan was well before Christianity. And then there's Hinduism, which is also before Christianity. And in ancient Judaism (also before Christianity), Yahweh was worshipped because he could beat up other peoples' gods. And, according to what I've learned of the beginnings of Christianity, there was some question as to whether Jesus was God or separate and inferior to God or what, that wasn't settled for hundreds of years.

all 3 refer to a happy place in an after life. All 3 say the other is wrong and if you don't follow their way you will burn.
    For Buddhism? I dunno what sect you listen to. Obviously, Islam is similar to Christianity, since they both listen to the same prophets (with Islam adding on Mohammed). And Judaism, well... duh.

What if all 3 were the same damn thing just ajusted for different cultures when Roman beliefs were spread throughout the known world around about 240-100 b.c.
    But they're not the same at all (for Buddhism/Hinduism, that is).

EDIT:
    Rember christ was around bere 0a.d. the christian beliefs could have been altered to spread the word of god and make it believable to the many differnent cultures the Roman Empire encompassed.
    The Roman Empire didn't include the areas where Hinduism and Buddhism started. And, as stated before, there were a whole bunch of religions older than Christianity.

2: here is something else to think about for everyone else. Ok lets say for all the non belivers and atheist that there is no god. Nope we all live die and buy huggies diapers. oh and pay taxes. So we get burried the end your right no after life. So what right? You had your life I had mine the end. Now on second though, what if I am right. There really is a god and you go on believing there is no holy order and when you die you go to hell when I die I eternally watch you burn. wouldnt it just be easier to say hey I believe to be safe rather than be sorry? Cause no matter what your right. We still die.
    xDDD
    Last edited by Raistlin; 04-30-2006 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dodhungry
    All 3 refer to 1 and only 1 god.
    Actually, only Mahayana Buddhists believe Buddha was a god. The rest of us just see him as what he was: a man.

all 3 refer to a happy place in an after life.
    Once again, not really. Buddhism follows similar rules for the afterlife as Hinduism. When you die, you are reborn. Hindus return to Brahman, most Buddhists believe they become part of a greater soul thingy (not all of us believe that. After all, Gautama did say to find one's own light, which makes Buddhism highly customisable.)

All 3 say the other is wrong and if you don't follow their way you will burn.
    And lastly, with Buddhism, there is no "You are wrong." Buddhists accept other people's faiths. Not only that, but there is no "bad place" in Buddhist mythology. If you're a bad person, you just get reborn again.
    lol signature