Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amano Working on Final Fantasy XIII

Default Amano Working on Final Fantasy XIII

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2006/042606d.html

In a recent interview with French magazine Japan Vibes, acclaimed character designer Yo[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]aka Amano made mention of his current work on a few different projects, including Final Fantasy XIII. This is one of the first real acknowledgements of the game's development, though no official announcements have been made regarding it.

Amano did not discuss his exact role in its development, nor did he mention any details concerning the game's format or platform choice. With E3 only weeks away, Square Enix will likely reserve any further information for the upcoming event.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2006/042606d.html

In a recent interview with French magazine Japan Vibes, acclaimed character designer Yo[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]aka Amano made mention of his current work on a few different projects, including Final Fantasy XIII. This is one of the first real acknowledgements of the game's development, though no official announcements have been made regarding it.

Amano did not discuss his exact role in its development, nor did he mention any details concerning the game's format or platform choice. With E3 only weeks away, Square Enix will likely reserve any further information for the upcoming event.
    smurfing great!

Best thing 'bout this game is that it's being made by the FFX team

FF in PlayStation3's graphical glory.........man I can't wait to see how great the graphics and character emotions of this game are gonna look. FFVII's demo thing for PlayStation3 has me psyched!
    Last edited by DeathKnight; 04-28-2006 at 03:28 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    Best thing 'bout this game is that it's being made by the FFXIII team
    Well, yes, games generally are being made by the team making them.

Looking forward to seeing something to do with the game (outside of "we're working on it").
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

This is like Danny Elfman saying, "Yeah, I'm working on the next Tim Burton movie."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    This is like Danny Elfman saying, "Yeah, I'm working on the next Tim Burton movie."
    Still, it signifies that work is actually being done. I think this is the first official word of FFXIII, is it not?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

You can prettymuch assume that the next Final Fantasy is being worked on as soon as the current one is released, or even prior to that if a different team is handling it. This is not news.

OMG! I can't believe that Yo[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]aka Amano's name has been censored!

I am soooo stupid....

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    You can prettymuch assume that the next Final Fantasy is being worked on as soon as the current one is released, or even prior to that if a different team is handling it. This is not news.
    It's newsworthy enough for me. It lets you know of the first "team" member involved in Final Fantasy XIII, and it's the first open acknowledgement that it's being worked on... which is always a big thing for any FF fan, as far as I'm concerned.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

But it's just saying something that everyone with any sense already knows. Amano has worked on every single game in the main series to date.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Don't rain on the parade, man! This is better than hearing nothing. Which is all we'd heard before now.

Amanos stuff is kool.
    I adore his drawings for FF9 escpecially.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So..is he the character designer, or is he just doing conceptual artwork? Well, I hope he'll be the character designer...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    So..is he the character designer, or is he just doing conceptual artwork? Well, I hope he'll be the character designer...
    I'm going to get yelled at for this, but I'm a bigger fan of Nomura. His crazy, impracticle outfits with all the zippers and leather... Delicous! I guess I'm one of the few that likes his sense of style...

Not that IX (Or VI or number number..) had bad character designs. IX is one of the Best.Games.Ever.O_o. after all.

Call my lotsa names, but I love Nomura's spikey haired bishies

*Draws a target on himself for all the anti's... Hit the middle and gain one "Let me guess, you came in at SEVEN -SNEEZE-" freebie!*

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, not that I hate Nomura's style (his menu portraits are so purty), I just prefer Amano's colourful, sketchy art style. Although Nomura's belt fetish is pretty entertaining. I also like the Tactics designer's style (name?). I haven't really seen much of this new guy's style, but I don't remember his name anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    Best thing 'bout this game is that it's being made by the FFXIII team
    Well, yes, games generally are being made by the team making them.

Looking forward to seeing something to do with the game (outside of "we're working on it").
    AH! I meant meant FFX team!

"Best thing 'bout this game is that it's being made by the FFX team"