Thread: Squenix

Default Squenix

I've just decided to start a thread on Squenix, specifically, how they need to pull the rod out of their ass.

Really now, third party contributions should be allowed to continue. The fanbase will interpret them as third party contributions, not official plot development. Any theories presented in said third party contributions can be mulled over by whoever plays them, and their plausibility subsequently discussed and picked apart for accuracies/inaccuracies.

Shutting downremakes or development is just silly. No one would ever be able to publish something they made around the series, so I'm really missing what the big deal is.

Thoughts and feelings? Any other people who are feeling the same hate for Squenix?

"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate" Dante Alighieri: The Divine Comedy

What should I do? I'm strung out, addicted to you.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, no, not really.

The fact that this thread hasn't been moved yet just shows how the Chrono forum has been forsaken.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Considering it's talking directly about SE shutting down Chrono Game projects means it shouldn't be moved.

I think it depends on the situation. If the remake is using sprites, images, music, or any other such thing from previous Chrono games then I agree it should be shut down. If that stuff is original but it's playing off the Chrono story then I can see it going on, but from a buisness point of view I can also see why they would want to shut it down.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Allowing use of their intellectual property opens up a can of worms. They shut down the project because it would be a huge mistake waiting to happen if they didnt.

If you play with other people's stuff, they will eventually get pissed. If the creators perhaps had been smart enough to not advertise the project until it was done, they probably could've distributed it at least a little and it would have gone from there.

When someone is blatantly using their materials, companies can only ignore it for so long. I'm sure SE was aware of it long before they shut it down. They remained 'ignorant' out of fairness, and then when they could no longer sit by lest their legal rights face repeated and possibly serious violation, they shut it down.

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

any game being remade is likely not still being sold. That said SE has a bunch of douchebags, and should sign agreements for remakes. imagine and ff6 remake.....

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It doesnt matter whether it's going to be sold or not. If a company was to allow it to continue, even for non-profit reasons, it would open up a bunch of legal bs. A slippery slope, so to speak.

If a remake was going to be as God awfully ugly as that CT remake, I'd rather not have any at all. Not that I would expect more from a bunch of guys on the net, they did very well considering that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    if a remake was going to be as God awfully ugly as that CT remake, I'd rather not have any at all. Not that I would expect more from a bunch of guys on the net, they did very well considering that.
    one of the remakes used the exact same sprites (crimson echoes). Looked great to me. the other one was no less horridness of graphics than ff7 or the ff6 tech demo for n64. polygonal characters aren't what make/break a game to me IMO. especially with that version just being a graphics enhanced version of the original.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yes, Crimson Echos was quite pretty. And of course graphics dont make or break a game, but as you said, if it's just the same game with 'better' graphics, I'd rather do without it. The original game was beautiful, and the only point of that project was to show certain scenes in very ugly 3D, so I dont see the point.

i concur then