Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge change of difficulty...

Banned

Default Huge change of difficulty...

Alright, I restarted this game two days ago, and the first day I played until I got Layla and reached Dist.
    Now here's the problem: Dist Cave is ridiculously hard.
    I mean, I breezed through everything else, except for the Gigant chest in the Warship, and now I suddenly have to run around in a huge cave consisting of tons of those Gigants? WTF?
    I've been leveling up for quite a while by fighting Soldiers in Phin, and I even got some great equipment from Mysidia (Ice Bow ftw!), but I'm still having GIGANT-ic problems with this Dist Cave thingy.
    What do the developers want me to do, anyway?
    Am I supposed to start power-leveling now, all of a sudden?
    How did YOU complete this thing, without using the cheap Select/Cancel glitch and whatever?

(I don't wanna use the glitches, the game gets a completely different feeling if you let Stats develop by themselves)

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i always used to get stuck on this cave. it takes me ages to find the boss. i did the cave in the middle of the ocean where you get one of the masks before dist cave. then i looked again. i might have looked at an online map of the cave but i think that was another cave on a completely different game.if you warp out of the cave then go back in you might end up doing something different and taking a different stair or ladder without really realizing and that can (if your lucky.) make you almost accidently complete. just try and try and try again and go down every possible ladder and stairway because some floors have more than one. hope this helps you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What version are you playing? (Emulator/Origins/Dawn of Souls?)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    What version are you playing? (Emulator/Origins/Dawn of Souls?)
    NES emulator.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did you play through it the first time that way?

As for another question (I haven't played this game in awhile), are you strong enough to go to Mysidia yet? If you are, I'd suggest buying three Swap (or 'Change', whatever it's called) spells, and use those to raise your stats, by swapping the plants near the beginning of the game. Or, if you don't feel like 'cheating', then you could just train normally, I suppose.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Teleport is your friend. Level it up and insta- kill the gigas.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Go into the dungeon, work your way down, when low on health Teleport out. Rinse and repeat. Each time you attempt a dungeon in FF2 you'll become slightly stronger until you can get through to the boss with adequate HP/MP to take it down.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Go into the dungeon, work your way down, when low on health Teleport out. Rinse and repeat. Each time you attempt a dungeon in FF2 you'll become slightly stronger until you can get through to the boss with adequate HP/MP to take it down.
    Exactly. Just board the ship and check in at Bafsk. I'd suggest doing that every time you get a HP or MP increase.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    I'd suggest buying three Swap (or 'Change', whatever it's called) spells, and use those to raise your stats, by swapping the plants near the beginning of the game.
    This IS a very good strategy, but I'm this über-pure kind of player, and I don't want my main chosen fighters (Gus and Leon) gain any MP or any magic-related stats, because I want them to be pure fighters. :rolleyes2
    This strategy would work nicely with Firion and Maria, though: the Paladin and the Black Mage.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

two words man: agility gear.

TRAIN hard- I'm currently on it- I'm fairing well - before you go in TRAIN- Beat the fook out of yourself by attacking yourself to raise HP - My big defense has been Boosting my magic, in spellls and more MP - Get it all up, Attack your self with magic in a battle while healing so Four things are happening, HP and stamina growth, Magic defense growth, Magic growth, MP growth, and spell growth, -WOW! That's more than 4 - Or smack yourself - Fight A LOT of battles like me so you have GIL up the but and buy 99 potions - FFII seems to be a lot harder with the money though, but just TRAIN man. You can do it, put your back into it....

Fight A LOT of battles like me so you have GIL up the but and buy 99 potions
    That can't be done on the Nes or Origins version because of the item inventory limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap Jumper
    Fight A LOT of battles like me so you have GIL up the but and buy 99 potions
    That can't be done on the Nes or Origins version because of the item inventory limit.

.............. No son, A potion takes up one slot, then you have the number next to it, unless I'm crazy, but I think you're confused.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

.............. No son, A potion takes up one slot, then you have the number next to it, unless I'm crazy, but I think you're confused.
    No, actually, on Origins, he's right. Each potion takes up one slot.

In Origins, you may have 63 different items, and each one takes up a slot, as in if you have 3 Elixirs, they will take up 3 of your 63 slots