16 48.48%
  • Rocked

14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts of the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XandrewX View Post
    Nice movie...but a doubt remains...is Sephiroth dead?Or is he still alive?Is there anymore Jenova Cells in this world?A suspension to this story...
    Silly rabbit, sephiroth was just something for the fanboys, neither dead or alive.
    I guess...but I'm not a fan of sephiroth though...I mean Sephiroth is Lucrecia's son...and when did he died?I mean he is a human before...so must have returned to the lifestream...when is that?I'm sorry if I'm stupid but all the FF7 games and FF7AC movie I'm still not 100% get it yet...

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

Good, but not the best
    -- That cat's gonna be famous one day... -tear- Also vist ma forum!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I guess...but I'm not a fan of sephiroth though...I mean Sephiroth is Lucrecia's son...and when did he died?I mean he is a human before...so must have returned to the lifestream...when is that?I'm sorry if I'm stupid but all the FF7 games and FF7AC movie I'm still not 100% get it yet...
    (SPOILER)Sephiroth dies in the Nebelheim reactor when Cloud throws him over the side of a bridge. His body travels to the Northern Crater via the lifestream, where we see it again entombed in a crystal. Cloud gives the black materia to it and then all hell breaks loose with the Weapons.

This of course is very confusing as the party has been following Sephiroth ever since his appearance in Midgar. So this second Sephiroth is most likely an avatar of sorts of Jenova (which was a shapeshifter). How much individuality this second Sephiroth possesses is a subject of quite heated debate. Clearly Jenova is influences his actions, although it's unlikely that Sephiroth is simply a mindless puppet carrying out Jenova's will.

Sephiroth doesn't die in the crater. He might nearly die, but he lives the whole time between Nibleheim and Crater events.

The second Sephiroth is still Sephiroth, using the body of 'Jenova' as his puppet, since he has become the will of Jenova cells across the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Sephiroth doesn't die in the crater. He might nearly die, but he lives the whole time between Nibleheim and Crater events.

The second Sephiroth is still Sephiroth, using the body of 'Jenova' as his puppet, since he has become the will of Jenova cells across the world.
    I agree that Sephiroth is using Jenova's sel as a puppet...but I don't understand how did Kaday and co. existsed?

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

Vincent says that Kadaj and his cronies are part of Sephiroth's 'memetic legacy', meaning i think that traces of sephy's DNA (or whatever you want to call it) were left behind after his destruction, and from those traces the lifestream created Kadaj and co.
    At least thats kind of how i've come to understand it.

Mimetic, as in mind. They are his shinentai- will made thought, but fragmented from the straing of making them. So, close, Enjol, but not quite.

Think of them like incomplete unsent from FFX

So..they're are like the unsent souls?But why didn't they appear earlier in the game or some sort but only to appear in the movie?And...lifestream creates people??I thought in FF7AC it's still the same human is created by giving birth anyway...did Yazoo and Loz died?After a clashing with Cloud in the final stages of the movie.

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

Okay then Ryushikase I suppose the memetic thing makes sense, but I don't think they're like the unsent from FFX, more like Shuyin from FFX-2. As for the fate of Yazoo and Loz, you'll either have to leave it open to you're own imagination, or ask Tetsuya Nomura.

So..they're are like the unsent souls?But why didn't they appear earlier in the game or some sort but only to appear in the movie?And...lifestream creates people??I thought in FF7AC it's still the same human is created by giving birth :eep: anyway...did Yazoo and Loz died?After a clashing with Cloud in the final stages of the movie.
    Yes. They were already losing definition by the time Kadaj bites it. It was a last ditch suicide strike.
    And not quite on the "lifestream makes people", Sephiroth, with his will, can command a small portion of the lifestream to arrange itself into a human body, and create a being- which was supposed to be him, whole and intact- like the shinentai of FF10. However, he only partly succeeded, and so the SHM were created, whole and aged instead. Normally, however, sex is still responsible for younguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjolras282 View Post
    Okay then Ryushikase I suppose the memetic thing makes sense, but I don't think they're like the unsent from FFX, more like Shuyin from FFX-2. As for the fate of Yazoo and Loz, you'll either have to leave it open to you're own imagination, or ask Tetsuya Nomura.
    Shinentai- that is the word used to describe both the beings from FF10 and the SHM from AC. Kadaj disperses into pyreflies as do the Shinentai in FF10. They are expressedly described in supplements as being born from Sephiroth's will.
    And Shuyin had no body. These guys do. Hence shinentai- will made form.

Honestly, kadaj was a great character and they shouldnt have brought sephiroth into it, just kept him out all together.

Okay then you've persuaded me Ryu. Now I know what the word 'Shinentai' means. No wonder there are theories regarding a link between the worlds of FFVII and FFX.

The only part that annoyed me very much was the ending part with cloud in the water with the boy and all the cheering.....

although, the bahamut scene was awesome! Go cid with a quearterstaff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by NINJA_Ryu View Post
    The only part that annoyed me very much was the ending part with cloud in the water with the boy and all the cheering.....

although, the bahamut scene was awesome! Go cid with a quearterstaff!
    Agreed, though Spear, not staff.