16 48.48%
  • Rocked

14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts of the movie

Why didn't Cloud chase up to Aerith I wonder...anyway...ya it's a spear

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

Why would he? It's not like she hadn't been foisting herself on him every five seconds in the last three days.

Besides, that scene was about closure, not them reuniting.

Flower Maiden Pure Aerisbeauty7's Avatar

I didn't get to watch the entire movie, but I really like the movie.

Thank You Polaris for this neat sig!

I liked it to an extent. Naturally I paid more attention to the graphics and such, but what I -did not- like was how Sephiroth just poof'd. It was sort of anti-climatic, sure Cloud did a whole bunch of flashy moves but the fact that Sephiroth just nonchallantly disapears kind of off sets that to me. A busy beginning and middle but the end just kind of ran out of steam.

i was ok i think a game would of been much better though.

Top ten selling points
    (what made it a great sale; 1 being the best):

10: Aside from diving into the crater, the opening generally reminds of the game's opening.
    9: An action sequence three scenes in.
    8: Fenrir.
    7: Limit Breaks.
    6: Materia & recognizable spells (Laser anyone?)
    5: Bahamut and the ensuing battles.
    4: Cloud.
    3: Zack not only appears, but has something to say.
    2: Omnislash V5 (cherry blossom in the States >p)
    1: Sephiroth.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan View Post
    i think a game would HAVE been much better though.
    Maybe

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by darkchrono View Post
    I kind of wonder how you guys can call this an awesome movie when the plot, the story flow (meaning how well all of the scenes meshed together) and the newly made characters were all extremely weak.

I have noticed that all of the people who say that the movie is awesome bring up the graphics, voice acting, or the action scenes. But never say a thing about the plot or the character development.

Advent Children was two thumbs down in the two most important aspects that make up a movie. So I don't think it could be considered anything other than just average at best even with the great animation, good battle scenes, and good voice acting (for the most part).
    How dare ye call thy self a Final fantasy fan, r not worth. Begon from us u evil omen. I personally thought it was perfect. the battle scene with Cloud and Sephiroth is most absolute perfect. I really don't care what any1 says....it is as i say 'perfect'

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    No, it's Omnislash V5 in the states. The name Omnislash is the simplified english name. Besides, it doesn't even look much like the Cherry Blossom Special from FFT.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWingedAngelSephiroth91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchrono View Post
    I kind of wonder how you guys can call this an awesome movie when the plot, the story flow (meaning how well all of the scenes meshed together) and the newly made characters were all extremely weak.

I have noticed that all of the people who say that the movie is awesome bring up the graphics, voice acting, or the action scenes. But never say a thing about the plot or the character development.

Advent Children was two thumbs down in the two most important aspects that make up a movie. So I don't think it could be considered anything other than just average at best even with the great animation, good battle scenes, and good voice acting (for the most part).
    How dare ye call thy self a Final fantasy fan, r not worth. Begon from us u evil omen. I personally thought it was perfect. the battle scene with Cloud and Sephiroth is most absolute perfect. I really don't care what any1 says....it is as i say 'perfect'
    I've pretty much been saying the same thing about Advent all through the picture ever since it came out. The story was absolute trash, no logic or thought whatsoever. And it seemed that every time they wrote themselves into a corner with cloud getting hurt, or dying, or about to die, Aerieth would show up and save him or resurrect him. That was pretty much the worse part. And the cloud/sephiroth fight was the definition of stupidity. you mean to tell me sephiroth blocks clouds leaping overhead downward slash, bare handed, yet can't block omnislash vr. 967111? Lame. And I've always said that after cloud took that sword wound in his shoulder, the fight should have been over. No physical way he could have continued sword fighting with the muscles in his shoulder cut like that. None. I don't care how strong you are, when your muscles get severed, no amount of strength is going to make them move.

Im a final fantasy fan, but I'm a Fan of Sakaguchi's final fantasy. Nomura couldn't tell a coherent story to save his life. Every story he's worked on I've found is utter crap. Except in FFVII where sakaguchi stayed on as an assistant scenario writer, which means I suspect anything decent as far as characters or story you can thank him for.

Oh, and I also thought the animation was a bit crap as well. As for the action scenes, I think someone needs to sit down and teach nomura the meaning of choreography, because those fight scenes were just mindless. EVERY ONE OF THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    The name Omnislash is the simplified english name.
    So what's the Japanese version literally translate to?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Angry

Cait sith is going to have to die..... Riding Red XIII like a common chocobo and then only letting him have one line..... I HATE YOU!!!!
    "The Magun has thawed" Kaze...... Lisa and Kaze...You know they were destined to be together... "KWEH!!"....... I am the only person who likes Final Fantasy Unlimited?
    CHOBI
    Recruited in the Chocobo Lovers Club by Goldenboco

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn of Sephiroth View Post
    i thought the english was ok. i was dissapointed to see that they didn't take the time to fix the mouth movements, and that did get really annoying when you hear a voice but the mouth movement was off. but it was pretty cool. i also liked how they added more movie time to the english than what was on the original japanese version. but all for all, it was fairly good. ill give it a 7 out of 10.
    i dont know the mouth movement seemed ok to me i didnt really notice, but the voices were great i know some people didnt like the voices i loved aeris' voice it was excelent i didnt realy like kudajs and the long silverd haired guys
    Last edited by Aerisfanatic; 03-05-2007 at 12:47 AM.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

\
    ok then i dont live in the states i live in canada and omni slash was called omnislash when i was playing,and if its omni slash in canada then its a pritty good chance it was omnislash in states to

Moogle Avent children opinions

what do you guys think about advent children, let me know soon:magus:

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Watched most of it on YouTube, but I keep forgetting to watch the end
    Kick ass fight scenes though.