4 12.12%
  • Okay

16 48.48%
  • Rocked

14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts of the movie

I thought the movie was the godsend Anti-Uwe Boll I've been wanting all along.

Since it's a story continuation, I think it can get away without a lot of character development... As we all already know what happened and why they are the way they are. As for the baddies, they were just like Sephy... Mommy obsessed, what's to know.

I thought the idea of Jenova's cells infecting people through the lifestream, Sephiroth's intentions made clear at the end, Cloud's anti-social behavior, Rufus's manipulations, everything involving Reno, and the general state of the world were quite brilliant pieces of plot actually.

The movie is worth 20$ just to hear Barret say "Thaz some crazy water GAHAHA" at the end.

The problem with them choosing not to put a whole lot of character or plot development into this movie is that the main enemies of this movie were characters completely made up from scratch.

If they had chosen to center the story around already existing characters than they could have gotten away with it. But the fact that they centered the movie around these undeveloped new characters was the films downfall.

I think the new villains were simply a catalyst for Cloud to begin a new journey of releasing his past regret and guilt. Kadaj is directly tied into Cloud as well, so I'm not sure if I'd call him underdeveloped... He's sort of like the Cloud that could have been in some ways. I rather thought the entire thing was about Cloud and all 20 of his swords and not about Kadaj and company.

Besides, Kadaj does his part. His general personality comes through the screen, his intentions are properly motivated, he causes mayhem for the protagonist, and he has flunkies (Yazoo and Loz) who do most of his dirty work. Sounds exactly the same as every villain in every movie made to me...

But it's all in the realm of opinion, so certainly you are not wrong. Opinion Realm is awesome like that.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 04-29-2006 at 07:09 PM.

I was kind of dissapointed by the movie. There was too much action, and not enough dialogue. Sephioroth's appearance wasn't as good as I had expected it to be. And, the bit where Cloud if soaring through the air after the gang push him up (wth?), Aeris somehow also manages to give him a little push. Weird.
    I think Clouds Buster Sword has been ruined. (If it's even the same sword, i dunno).
    Not exactly a bad movie, just a lil dissapointing.

I really enjoyed this movie. I hadn't really been keeping up to date on the movie so I had literally no idea what to expect. It certainly surprised me though and it was an enjoyable film in itself.

Too much action to warrant a 9 or even a 10/10 but certainly a good solid 8.

As far as story it wasn't that great, but not bad. The fights looked awsome for the most part. Reno and Rude just plain rocked in this one. The best fight was against the thing I'm assuming is Bahamut.

I'd give it a 7/10.

Also, (SPOILER)rufus was actually really awsome in this, while I hated him if VII.

Remnant of Sephiroth Oasis Writer's Avatar

I'm impressed to see how much this thread got already. So, thoughts seem split. On the movie. Did anyone have questions about the first to this movie, or anything like that to add to their reviews?

I thought the story was a bit weak, a strange illness wich is cured at the end because he beat the bad guys?!?!.

The animation was awsome, the Bahamut and Sephiroth fight scenes are definatly worth watching twice.

Most of the main charatcers dont make much of an apperence. Anyone who hasnt played FF7 wont have a clue who they are, i dont even think even their names are mentioned during the film. "Who are they!?" is actually said by a main character during the bahamut scene. This film was made purley for the fans, wich is freaking awsome for us but, anyone who doesnt know about the Jenova reunion wont have a clue why its so important to the clones or why Sephiroth appears or who he is!!. Trying to prevent the reunion was a huge thing in the film but it wasnt explained properly to anyone who hasnt played the game.

I think their was a massive change in how the film would beguin. I think Jenova was supposed the make an apperance in living form. Right at the very beguining it says "northern cave 400 years ago" and then a hellicopter flown by rude appeares?.

NO and NO only a :mog: doll!!!

I know im only picking up on the negative parts but put these things aside i enjoyed the film, it was great to see Cloud fight in reall time keeping the traditional HUGE sword wich gets bigger with each fight.

I Give it a 7/10
    Last edited by Protagonist; 04-30-2006 at 05:39 AM.

Squeezing all of the cast plus the new villains while keeping Cloud in focus would have been impossible in an hour and a half.

As for water curing everybody, it wasn't because Cloud defeated the baddies. It's because Aeris was born an Ancient and that gives her +10 to Sexyness, and even though she's dead she can do whatever she wants at any time.

Aeris and Zack where a nice added touch I think. I wasn't expecting to see them, or at least not too much of Aeris. So, I was kind of surprised.
    I want to sail the darkness of the Cosmos using this planet as my vessel

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver
    It's because Aeris was born an Ancient and that gives her +10 to Sexyness, and even though she's dead she can do whatever she wants at any time.
    LOL!!

But why wait untill the very end?. She could just rain on them at any time, it just seemed....weak.

If she did that in the beginning, then it would seem weak itself to even watch the movie

As Aeris proved with her relationship with Cloud, she loves to tease before supplying the goods.

He never seemed to get to far with her...not in my game, I got Tifa on my date, and after Tifa, I always got Barret, which was awkward...Aeris always seemed distant, almost like she hated me. Never called, never said hi, and everytime I pinched her butt, she just smacked me....very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Oasis Writer
    He never seemed to get to far with her...not in my game, I got Tifa on my date, and after Tifa, I always got Barret, which was awkward...Aeris always seemed distant, almost like she hated me. Never called, never said hi, and everytime I pinched her butt, she just smacked me....very weird.
    Aeris and my Cloud always share a puzzling relationship too. But I lean Cloud towards Tifa more, because I know the future. Plus, Aeris can plant all the flowers she wants that doesn't put her in the running with Tifa's outfit... or "ballistics", as Luis Sera would say.