4 12.12%
  • Okay

16 48.48%
  • Rocked

14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts of the movie

I love every last minute of it The animation is stunning, the OST is beautiful and the dubbed version is excellent too! Cracking movie and it has become one of my all time films.

I really liked the Reminisce of Final Fantasy VII on the dvd. That was a niffty addition that was well worth my time.

Smile Pretty good

I also give it 8/10.
    Of course, Square-Enix gives its all in the animation process, although it would have been nice for English 'defaults' for the mouth movement.

Voice acting wise, I prefer the Japanese audio....They did well for most of the cast (everyone from Kingdom Hearts II)in english, but just like KHII, I just wasn't convinced with Aeris and Tifa. Rachel Cook and Mena Suvari just sounded like robots....they weren't able to display emotions in thier voices very well...Besides...what the heck was the silly-sally crap anyways? In japanese, it was 'drifting, drifting.' All they could do in english was make it nonsensical rambling?? C'mon....

Story-line wise, I thought was very good, aside from the fact that there was no indication in reguards to where Kadaj and his gang came from. They should have been able to reveal some of thier past, or where they came from in some form.

But then again, this project was originally supposed to be a 20 min short, until the fans demanded more, I cried aloud with mirth and merriment.

All in all though, the music made the movie!

[Kadaj-21]

Disapointed.

Action- 10/10 (best ive ever seen)

Sound- 8/10 (guitar ruined some moments for me at times)

Dialogue 7/10 (Incredibly cheesy dialogue)

Story 7.5 (Not good, not bad, just ok)

Overall- 8.5 ( didnt live up to FF VII standards)

Just thought I would add my 2 peso's worth.

the movie itself, I give a 3/10

First of all, it was stupid. I mean really stupid. Yazoo shoots cloud point blank and his shades block the bullet? Tifa matches Loz move for move until all of a sudden she decides to just stand there and let herself be hit? the kids drinking up kadaj's scat and then becoming leaping ninja zombies? Marlene hating cloud, then forgiving him for no reason other then she was contractually obligated to do so or be deleted (bit of CGI animation humor there)? Cloud's survivors guilt being resolved in two seconds? Tifa being a whiner? Aeries doing everything but the dishes in the film? And WHERE did these three new jenova spawns come from? I mean the list just goes on and on and on.

Then the action scenes, Ive pretty much seen it all before. Cloud being tossed? It's a vertical recreation of Iron Monkey's final fight scene. Motorcycle combat/chase scenes? Pick a john woo film and call AC the sincerest form of flattery. Sword fighting/flying through the air supernaturally? Hong Kong films have been doing that for almost 30 years now. Problem is AC tries so hard to look like matrix, that it fails to incorporate any real drama or intensity to the fight scenes. And the animation itself is pretty awful at certain points.

The soundtrack itself was pretty bland. I mean Uematsu has done better then that when all he had to work with was a midi program. I dunno, I expect so much more from uematsu, yet the soundtrack just feels bland and generic. almost as bad as the FFX-2 soundtrack. I just hope it came from Uematsu being fed up with FF and now being on Mistwalkers payrole full time.

Yah, the Turks rocked, rufus rocked too. Thats all that was good. And I did hear some of the english voices, and all I can say is that I didnt think the film could get any worse. I saw the scene in the airship while Cloud is fighting Kadaj, and all the voices sucked. Barrett sounded like a 13 year old mall rat who listens to way too much fifty cent, Vincent sounded like he's smoked one too many cartons, Cait Sith is about [-] <----- That close to exceeding the annoyance factor of jar jar binks with his english voice. And dont even get me started on Cid, Tifa, and Yuffie.

I just hope this doesnt make more $$$ then spirits within. I would hate to think that this is the only way square can reverse its fortunes. and maybe this would be a good time to say that I LIKE spirits within on the acct that it actually has a decent story and the director knew how to communicate more then just the pretty animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishin Ookami
    Just thought I would add my 2 peso's worth.

the movie itself, I give a 3/10

First of all, it was stupid. I mean really stupid. Yazoo shoots cloud point blank and his shades block the bullet? Tifa matches Loz move for move until all of a sudden she decides to just stand there and let herself be hit? the kids drinking up kadaj's scat and then becoming leaping ninja zombies? Marlene hating cloud, then forgiving him for no reason other then she was contractually obligated to do so or be deleted (bit of CGI animation humor there)? Cloud's survivors guilt being resolved in two seconds? Tifa being a whiner? Aeries doing everything but the dishes in the film? And WHERE did these three new jenova spawns come from? I mean the list just goes on and on and on.

Then the action scenes, Ive pretty much seen it all before. Cloud being tossed? It's a vertical recreation of Iron Monkey's final fight scene. Motorcycle combat/chase scenes? Pick a john woo film and call AC the sincerest form of flattery. Sword fighting/flying through the air supernaturally? Hong Kong films have been doing that for almost 30 years now. Problem is AC tries so hard to look like matrix, that it fails to incorporate any real drama or intensity to the fight scenes. And the animation itself is pretty awful at certain points.

The soundtrack itself was pretty bland. I mean Uematsu has done better then that when all he had to work with was a midi program. I dunno, I expect so much more from uematsu, yet the soundtrack just feels bland and generic. almost as bad as the FFX-2 soundtrack. I just hope it came from Uematsu being fed up with FF and now being on Mistwalkers payrole full time.

Yah, the Turks rocked, rufus rocked too. Thats all that was good. And I did hear some of the english voices, and all I can say is that I didnt think the film could get any worse. I saw the scene in the airship while Cloud is fighting Kadaj, and all the voices sucked. Barrett sounded like a 13 year old mall rat who listens to way too much fifty cent, Vincent sounded like he's smoked one too many cartons, Cait Sith is about [-] <----- That close to exceeding the annoyance factor of jar jar binks with his english voice. And dont even get me started on Cid, Tifa, and Yuffie.

I just hope this doesnt make more $$$ then spirits within. I would hate to think that this is the only way square can reverse its fortunes. and maybe this would be a good time to say that I LIKE spirits within on the acct that it actually has a decent story and the director knew how to communicate more then just the pretty animation.

I agree with you in just about everything except the last paragraph and what u said about the action.

I also thought Vincent's voice was the only cool voice in the movie. And jesus christ, whats with all the cheesy lines? And as for Cait Siths voice ...(* pulls out a gun and aims at head*)

In my opinion SE gave fans what they wanted..cloud and sephy duel..everything else was just a plus but more info on vincent wouldof been nice but there giving us a whole game for that so no complaits here 9/10..becuase i want more!!

Quote Originally Posted by smurph
    In my opinion SE gave fans what they wanted..cloud and sephy duel..everything else was just a plus but more info on vincent wouldof been nice but there giving us a whole game for that so no complaits here 9/10..becuase i want more!!
    I wish they would have added him in more than just 7 minutes of the movie

When i first watched the movie i couldof swore that vincent was about to transform and start killing everyone during the bahamut fight but all he did was give cloud a boost...

The actor who played vincent, is the same actor who played Spike Spiegal the english dub of cowboy bebop. And anyone who's heard his performance know this guy can act way better. Problem is his voice is more suited to playing the cool guy's instead of the mysterious brooding ones. He had to force his voice outside of his natural range and growl way too much in order to create something close to the image, and his acting suffered for it.

You know, when I saw the plot outline for the movie, I thought Nomura was going to pull a chris clairemont and have the new villains be so superpowerful, that it would take the hero's all teaming up and using their various abilities to overcome them, get battered and bruised, but still win. Then sephiroth is resurrected and kills our heroes, but still take some minor wounds. Then the planet revives the heroes who attack with renewed vigor and wear sephiroth down and defeat him with cloud landing the final blow. I mean you had one gunman, one swordsman, and one martial artist among the new villains. It would have been interesting to see how well they did move for move against the hero's who have similar abilities. But instead the film focused way to much on cloud which I thought was a huge mistake.
    Last edited by Ishin Ookami; 05-17-2006 at 06:01 AM.

Yea u watch cowboy bebop on adult swim and knew i herd vincents voice somwere else..yea spikes voice is totally badass SE should of took spikes voice and made it one of the remnants....sephs voice was the best out of all of them

i personally thought all their voiced sucked, and as much as i hate saying this, i prefered lance bass's sephiroth voice over this one. I was okay with cloud's, i still think it could have been better. or maybe it was his whiny, loner attitude towards everything i hated. The thing that really pissed me off about this is i thought now i could see my favorite heroes with better graphics and voiceovers, with the same personalities. Square did the exact opposite and made it seem like Cloud's "crew" was the cheesy comic relief of the movie.

That's a really strange statement to make. I'm struggling to find the instances and bases for such a sentence. You say that "Cloud's crew" were the comic relief of the movie, when only Cait Sith did or said anything remotely of the sort. In fact, it was Reno and Rude who were the comic relief.

So yeah, really struggling to understand where that comment is coming from...
    FFVII Ultimania Omega Guide - The answer to all questions

Thumbs up FF7: Advent Children

I personally liked the movie, but had a problen no one has seemed to notice yet. Other than some already spoken about. I'm dissapointed on the fact that in the game Cloud and a few others had the Mako show in their eyes. The movie did not show that. Well maybe the kids eye change showed that but somehow I don't think so.

Cloud, Aeris, and Sephiroth all have mako eyes in the game. I was looking forward to seeing the way se did that. It dissapointed me to see that they didn't even try to do it. Other than that I liked the show.
    I'm Soo Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Amaru
    That's a really strange statement to make. I'm struggling to find the instances and bases for such a sentence. You say that "Cloud's crew" were the comic relief of the movie, when only Cait Sith did or said anything remotely of the sort. In fact, it was Reno and Rude who were the comic relief.

So yeah, really struggling to understand where that comment is coming from...
    I think he means everyone except for Tifa only showed up to say "hi" to the camera, and argue amongst themselves about whether or not they should help out cloud in his fight against sephiroth and kadaj. Oh yah, and the cloud tossing bit. Which I personally thought was REALLY stupid. It was like the last fight scene in iron monkey, except viertical and not really relevant whatsoever. Why do they all need to throw cloud when vincent can fly? And maybe Im nitpicking but if bahamut's skin is too tough, how bout using a piercing weapon, like I dunno, Cids spear or show off the Sierra's weaponry, to weaken bahamut so cloud can land the final blow?

In FFVII, it was a team effort to save the planet, in Advent Children, cloud does it all himself. Which wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't such an A$$ hole in the film.