16 48.48%
  • Rocked

14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts of the movie

after i saw it i thought like OMG, best movie ever by the way
    <a href="http://ff-fan.com"

I've been reading these forums for some time now and would like to throw in my two cents worth.

First off, I thought it was a very good movie and was neccessary to FF7 because it finished the storyline. If you recall, in the game, there wasn't much of an ending. If (and only if) you watched to the end of the credits did you see that the world had indeed been saved. But what about the characters? This movie provides an answer and an ending as well. I thought that a little more character interaction would have been nice but overall, it was nicely done. (I also believe that the movie was meant to provide a good look at the characters; no more Lego people.) The mouth movements could have been changed to make it better though. 9/10

This is not a stand alone movie. It's definitely for those who've played the game.

I've read a lot about how the characters fly around and it being unrealistic. I would like to point out that in the game Cloud and Sephiroth could really fly. Example: At the part of the game when Cloud gave Sehpiroth the Black materia he was flying. Levitating, hovering, whatever, it sure looked like flying to me. Sephiroth on the other hand flew around all the time in the game. So both of them can fly. It appears in the movie that they're just making insanely huge jumps; I would think it appears this way because they're 'jumping' to other objects to push off on (to luanch themselves in the air again) to quickly change direction, as opposed to stopping and changing direction in mid-flight which would prove to be much slower. So no more bad mouthing the whole flying part.
    (Remaining stonily silent on the Bahamut battle)

I also belive that if this story were to be turned into a book, it would provide a much better insight to the characters and to the story and world overall. You simply can't draw a very good conclusion from the info and hints given in the game and movie.
    Last edited by Dragon Mage; 09-16-2006 at 11:45 PM.

Yeah deadly movie but i think they tried too hard to make Reno and Rude funny and kinda wrecked there characthers

i need to watch it at my friend's house,
    sure i never got any farther in ffvii but the movie looks cool,
    but flower moon is scared of that movie (LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by cid highwind
    after i saw it i thought like OMG, best movie ever by the way
    Omg I totally agree with you, who cares what these other people think, we waited for a long ass time for this movie and it great was and worth the wait^^ hehe
    Cloud and Rikku

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

its probably my favourite film too but like said before its mainly for people who ahve played the game. the DVD is good though because it has that recap of FF7. its a pity that a lot of the characters dont get much screentime but i dont mind because the scene on the airship while cloud is fighting kadaj seems to make up for a lot of that. its is a shame that red XIII only says one line though. its nearly impossible for the film to have a storyline anywhere near as good as the games so considering that i think square did incredibly well. and easy 9/10 and possibly higher.
    Last edited by boys from the dwarf; 08-03-2006 at 12:26 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by Firenjar
    Yeah deadly movie but i think they tried too hard to make Reno and Rude funny and kinda wrecked there characthers
    Actually I thought Reno and Rude were the best part of the movie. They seemed to be the only two that had a lick of sense (ummm, cloud? Can you work out your personal issues later and just go save the children already?) and their fight scene with the seph clones were the only part of the movie where I was actually entertained. Well, actually thats a lie. Yuffie sneering at tifa over her inexplicable fascination with cloud was also delicious.

In the end, my main problem with the film was that they tried WAY too hard to make the film look "stylish" that they neglected to give the thought and character development any real thought. And no, cloud's relapse does not count as development IMO, more like a rehash.

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

Random thoughts:

I was a little disappointed with the movie. As a few people have said, good graphics, sound, and fight scenes seemed to have been used to make up for a good storyline (I got bored with the fight scenes halfway through the movie - it seemed like every time something important to the plot was gonna happen, another fight scene started). Not that there was anything wrong with the good graphics (they actually made Reno, one of the ugliest characters in the game I thought, really good looking imo ), but as people have said it contributed to that "flash over substance" idea that dominated the movie.

I think Square could've done more with the premise and new characters. But maybe they were under time constraints or something so I dunno :\.

I thought Cloud had already resolved his guilt in the game itself .

I could forgive the character's fantastic actions ("flying," etc.) during the fights, because the game and movie are fantasy-based and a good deal of suspension of belief is usually necessary to enjoy things of that genre, though as I said before, there were just too many fights >_<.

Kadaj confused me for the first few minutes - I was sure he was a woman, but then he spoke with a deep voice

after the first time i watched it i saw it another 20 times (litaraly)in the next 2 days! the only thing that anoyed me was with cait sith.when he was on red (the dog thing)i could not tell who was talking.was he the one with the high piched voise?

cloud....My idol

I loved the movie. I thought reno and rude were really funny. There were a few lines though that were really lame but overall great movie. If i was to rate it i would give it a 9 out of 10

I wanted to hear more about the chacters and stuff they really didn't say much.

Couple of lines in the english version where chessy as hell and some where just stupid ( dilly dalliy shilly shally?!?!?? :frust: ) Great movie though. I wish it was longer!!

Props to Owen Macwere for my kick as* sig

KH Survivor Character- Cloud

This game toatly destroys all other free online rpg''s out there. You have to check this out, it's really fun. Think Ragnorok Online, only free and with less people.http://www.kuyaro.net/

I watched the movie last night for the first time and it was incredible. The should make another sequal to this movie.
    [leeza]Filesize limit is 50 kb. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

The "Dilly Dally Shilly Shally"... That is saying Cloud is just messing around. He is not doing much productive stuff... Heard the term: You are just dilly dallying? (or something like that.) Then, forgive me for not remembering his name, but the guy that then come in the room and says: "I think she wants you to MOVE ON." As in he is not going any where. That is just what my friend and I realized / though. Just sayin.
    Last edited by Molnir; 09-01-2006 at 02:22 AM. Reason: The dilly dally shilly shally part...
    [leeza]Filesize limit is 50 kb. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Distain View Post
    Couple of lines in the english version where chessy as hell and some where just stupid ( dilly dalliy shilly shally?!?!?? :frust: )
    I totally agree with you man, I hated that they had to change some of the parts of the movie, but it was good enough