14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts of the movie

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I THINK IT OWNZ THE BIG ONE LIKE THE WAY I REPLY TO YOU REAL FAST AND SOON IN SIZE 7 ARIAL BLACK FONT WITH A MAGUS SMILEY INCLUDED TOO! :magus:

There's an Advent Children subforum if you try reading the list.

I thought it was crap, I knew from the start it was going to suck, and the only reason I did watch it is because I saw a still of Tifa about to kick someone. Tifa's fight scene was the only part of the movie I enjoyed, and I was furious when Squeenix banned that awesome video reenacting it in live action, basically ting on the one part of the movie I did enjoy.

This topic will either be moved, closed, or both.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

it will be wont it
    ANSWER QUICK
    wait, i answered on the other one you did
    OH WELL
    ya it kicked ass

I am not a man

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

*moves to Advent Children forum* :mog:

I haven't seen it yet, and I probably won't. ;o

Its just a terrible film really with only a few good fight scenes, the others are too rushed. Interesting characters were ignored and a five minute scene near the end with someone in particular is now praised above all for some reason.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Best movie ever based on the best game ever two (hundred) thumbs up.

It was ok. The story sucked, but it was fun to look at.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

it was just okay, it wasn't even a true sequal too me it's just sort of a spin off sequel like Dirge of Cerberus because it mainly revolved around Cloud and the others hardly participated.

Yellow Winged Angel

Banned
    Blog Entries

sucked!!!

brilliant, but other party members should have been in it more

Cheers to Polaris for the set!

Final Fantasy's completed: I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

It was kinda crap, but the fight scenes were good. A bit hurried, and the voice actors weren't exactly ideal for some of the characters, and most of them sounded the same.

Vincent probably doesn't sound like that, and has more a poetic twist to his voice. Sephiroth definitely would sound like that. Tifa spoke worst than Aerith, and sounded so robotic. Barret was ruined from the start, when you hear him on the cell phone. Yuffie was what you would expect, and Cid just looked weird. Cait Sith isn't Scottish or Irish, and how would they programme that voice for him? Reeve wouldn't do that.

Reno said a couple of stupid lines, which weren't funny. He isn't supposed to be a comedian, he's the casual guy who everyone loves. Don't even get me started on how they messed up Rude.
    RedXIII was quiet, and Kudaj's gang were totally emo. "Where's mum?" I heard that every 2 minutes.

Best part was when Sephiroth came, and livened it up a bit, but the unbelievably and far-fetched strength of Cloud, beat the holy hell outta him.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    It was ok. The story sucked, but it was fun to look at.
    Pretty much.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I thought it was very good. Not anything extraordinary, no. But overall, it was entertaining. I think the dialouge was cut short and more would've been desireable.
    Action scenes were VERY nice, but maybe a little too fast for the viewer to catch everything that was happening. Some of the details were lost in the speed, and would require the viewer to watch the movie again to catch them.
    I think it was too short. There should've been more!
    Also, the creators of this movie were very vague (like the game) on quite a few things. That should've been cleared up, even a little would've helped.
    The graphics were simply mind-blowing. I can truthfully say that the graphics of this movie inspired me to pursue my career choice. Simply amazing.

Overall, I think it was very good.

P.S. You misspelled 'Advent' lol.

It was OK, the fight scenes were good and the graphics were absolutely mind-blowing. The story I didn't really get, but the character voices I thought were pretty good (then again, I only saw the Japanese version), but seriously, if you focus on the graphics and the fight scenes, it's a very entertaining watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Just my opinion on some of your points:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Vincent probably doesn't sound like that, and has more a poetic twist to his voice.
    First, how would you know what Vincent sounded like? The game had no vioce acting, so it was up to the player to decide what they sound like. This goes for all your vioce comments btw. If you mean that thats not how you would imagine him to speak, then thats fine.

Anyway, i think Vincent was brilliant, not how i imagined him, but exellent nontheless. He was sorta dark and dry, which completely suited him.

Sephiroth definitely would sound like that.
    Uggh, i hated Sephiroths vioce. Jusy my opinion, but he just sounded so lame.

Tifa spoke worst than Aerith, and sounded so robotic.
    I liked Tifa, she wasn't that bad, but theres only so much you can do with lines such as "Dilly Dally Shilly Shally", and refering to the villins as 'the bad guys'.

Barret was ruined from the start, when you hear him on the cell phone.
    Barret was very sterotypical, but he was like that in the game, he was the sterotypical angry black man. They at least got that much right (that is, they got him from the game to the movie with his 'character' intact).

Yuffie was what you would expect,
    Yes she was.

and Cid just looked weird.
    He looked like he had come from his Sofa with a bottle of bear and a doughnut, straight to the battle, without even a change of his greasy shirt that he'd been wearing for five days. I liked it, hes the sort of character i can relate to

Cait Sith isn't Scottish or Irish, and how would they programme that voice for him? Reeve wouldn't do that.
    Cait Sith is based of a Scotish mythical creature:

Cat Sidhe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So they gave him a scottish accent. It still not sure about the Reeve thing, it been awhile since i played the game. Was Cait Sith Reeve's robot, or just his servant. I think Cait Sith being a robot is a bloody stupid idea, but whatever.

Reno said a couple of stupid lines, which weren't funny. He isn't supposed to be a comedian, he's the casual guy who everyone loves.
    I don't remember Reno much in the game, but i do remember a scene which seems to mirror his character in the movie quite well. Its the one when you first meet him, in the Church, and he steps on the flowers.

Anyway, Reno made a few jokes, but then so did almost everyone else. Reno was the casual guy in the film, and even though he was absolutly put in there for the humour, i think it suits his game character. All the turks (minus mabye Tsung) added humour to the game, and thats what they do here aswell.

Don't even get me started on how they messed up Rude.
    I don't understand, please elaborate.

RedXIII was quiet, and Kudaj's gang were totally emo. "Where's mum?" I heard that every 2 minutes.
    Red XIII wasn't supposed to talk. Mabye because they couldn't find a vioce actor that sounded like a dog, or mabye just because hes the silent type, i dunno, but it worked out fine.

And Kadajs gang being Emo, they was nothing wrong with that.

I think i'm done....
    Last edited by Sam250; 05-18-2007 at 10:23 AM.

Like games, humour, lively communitys and paunchy homosexual men
    dressed in tight green latex (or even just the first three)?
    Come visit zeldauniverse.net
    and their forums!