16 48.48%
  • Rocked

14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 16 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts of the movie

Remnant of Sephiroth Oasis Writer's Avatar

Default Thoughts of the movie

This is simple, a thread merely devoted to thoughts about the movie, reviews, or rants. So, what'd you think about it?

awesomeness!!!

it was a really cool movie!!! i know alot of people disliked the voice but they were fine!! the only one i had a problem with was tifas!! but maybe her lines didnt translate well!!

I'd have to agree, I was stunned by the voice plays myself, the graphics were stellar, the action was nice, the dialogue was exceptable. All and all, a great movie. 9/10

The only thing that bugged me a tiny weeny bit was the fact at the beginning they had to put subtitles up for the text. I thought that they could have changed that.
    Also the fact they didn't change the mouth movements. That didn't bother me that much though.

Overall I thought the film was great!

Thank Sapphiresea for the Siggy! :kaolove:

Also tomamar04 and is working on a site. Become a member of Unlimited 5! Discuss anything!

I noticed that about the movement of the mouth. I was confused why it was like that, but then I figured it was the other version. Is that so?

I think so. I watched the Japanese version that was shown on the second disk of the 'Special Edition' DVD. The mouth movement fit exactly. I thought that if they put the time in to do the English lip movements that would have been very good.

Thank Sapphiresea for the Siggy! :kaolove:

Also tomamar04 and is working on a site. Become a member of Unlimited 5! Discuss anything!

Aw, I still haven't popped in the second disc Good idea. Well, what do others think? Any other rants/ideas/reviews/thoughts?

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

i thought the english was ok. i was dissapointed to see that they didn't take the time to fix the mouth movements, and that did get really annoying when you hear a voice but the mouth movement was off. but it was pretty cool. i also liked how they added more movie time to the english than what was on the original japanese version. but all for all, it was fairly good. ill give it a 7 out of 10.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Legitimate statement, thank you very much for your imput. What do others have to say, regarding what others have or what your own thoughts are?

I kind of wonder how you guys can call this an awesome movie when the plot, the story flow (meaning how well all of the scenes meshed together) and the newly made characters were all extremely weak.

I have noticed that all of the people who say that the movie is awesome bring up the graphics, voice acting, or the action scenes. But never say a thing about the plot or the character development.

Advent Children was two thumbs down in the two most important aspects that make up a movie. So I don't think it could be considered anything other than just average at best even with the great animation, good battle scenes, and good voice acting (for the most part).

You have to take in account, the character development for most of the characters were all ready made in the game. If you were to have them go back and explain everything about what happened, we would have one) had to wait another year or two for this to come out: two) would have been a 30 hour movie: and three) taken away from the aspect of the movie. If you know the story, then you know the plot and the characters, while, if you've never played, they catch you up to speed, long enough to understand who they are.

When I implied poor character development I implied it about the newly made characters for the movie (who were all poorly thought out and poorly developed).

Depends on how you look at it. Ex-Soldiers that were the same suicidal followers of Jenova, just like the first one. That was my first thoughts. They had cells of Jenova, so they were in Soldier, and they wanted to be the best, like Sephiroth, so they had to want the same things. The men in the black capes in the game, I think is where they fall under the catagory. That's what I was thinking. And I understand what you were thinking, it's a very good point. I think more along how they acted, as in the voice with the mouth movement was off, making their characters a little less likeable with me. But they seemed fine, other than the repeatition with "Mother"

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think character development and action are equally important in an RPG or adaptation of one. AC feels like it was edited down from a longer movie though. An additional 30 minutes of well-written character interaction would have been enough.

As it it feels like it's rushing headlessly from one action sequence to the next, which are exciting in of themselves but have to be grounded in the characters and their goals to be the most effective.

I found the fights involving the Turks more exciting because it was clear they were fighting with all their strength just to keep up, and their personalities heavily influenced their fighting styles. Much more than say, Tifa or Cloud. Even secondary characters like Barrett and Cid clearly showed their character more clearly in the way they fought.

There is a lot to like in this movie, but character interaction was half of what made the game so great in the first place and it was more lacking here.

i really like it 10/10 for me I thought the voice acting was good except for Kadaj's lackies Yazoo and Loz and Loz was such a...dumb character the graphics were good the plot was good everything was good but yeah the mouthing was off.