Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Mage party?

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Perfect sense, Sephiroth1999AD.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    I find a party of Red Mages annoying just because you need to level up everyone in so many areas. Raising a few spells for a mage is already tough, raising weapons and spells for every character takes even longer.

Add raising stats to that mix and it's already a pain in the butt

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Hey Maxx...why no Genji Armor? Just wonderin - Stat reduction? - And I read somwhere on here that the select/deselect bug was fixed for DoS - Is that true? I wouldn't want to use it since I see it as cheating, but I was just wondering.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think its fixed for the DoS version.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa
    Hey Maxx...why no Genji Armor? Just wonderin - Stat reduction? - And I read somwhere on here that the select/deselect bug was fixed for DoS - Is that true? I wouldn't want to use it since I see it as cheating, but I was just wondering.
    Genji equipment gives you a good defence, but it will totally ruin your evade, spirit/soul, intelligence and magic defence stats. Action-cancel bug has been fixed in DoS, although both weapons and spell level up a lot faster. It only takes you 3-5 swings or casts to raise a weapon or spell from level 1 to level 2.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

i have the perfect solution especially for the PS version

DONT PLAY IT!!! Such a terrible, terrible game trying to increase stats. DoS version is good though.

With thanks to Owen Macwere

check out- http://z10.invisionfree.com/FFCSG/index.php?act=idx

Its only starting up, which means its not world class- but hey whats the harm in having a look. (or registering!) The only way its gonna get better is if more people join up.

Its got FF, art, writings, riddles, general chat and GFX battles. And each of these topics we are hoping to develop to its fullest.

Its not a catchy address either (free to run) so just save the link into your favourites for easy access

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Just because it makes you think doesn't make it terrible.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

that... may work

because... all you need to complete the game of FFXI is a party of 4 red mages.

so yeah, hmmm. *ponders*

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Oh, you need a lot more than 4 red mages to beat FFXI...

My official stance remains dead set against red mage usage in this game. Even if swords no longer gimp your magic stats, the spread of spells you train will. This translates to spending more time training to get the same results. As a co-worker of mine once said, "don't do it to yaself!"

I personally have Firion and Maria as Red Mages, while Gus is a white mage with low level black magic(I don't consider this a Red Mage). It is a very difficult thing to do, but I think it is worth the effort, because I can take out most of the monsters with a single sword stroke, and adversly have the same result with magic. I personally love the Red Mage class in general anyways, so I guess it makes me a bit biased. But I think, if you want a challenge, go for a full Red Mage party.